The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 24th June - Trial Day 9, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm just waiting to see how the defence is going to try and discredit Dr Guymer's evidence and expertise..... I know that's their job, but.....

Defence: Oh, I see the prosecution have another so called "Doctor". What are you, a "Tree Doctor"?
Dr Guymer: I'm a botanist.
Defence: I didn't ask your religion. I demand a mistrial!
Dr Guymer: Sigh.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Cat's claw creeper uses its claw to climb surfaces such as trees #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
Dr Guymer says cat's claw creeper grows up trees, along the ground. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 39s
Dr Guymer says the seven fishbone fern leaves seemed to be fresh and fallen. #badenclay

Defence: Oh, I see the prosecution have another so called "Doctor". What are you, a "Tree Doctor"?

:giggle:

Dr Guymer recognised some of the specimens straight away. Looked at some under microscope and compared with herbarium specimens #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 54s
Dr Guymer says of 6 species he identified, 4 were entwined in Allison's hair and had to be cut out. #badenclay @abcnews

Dr Guymer says he identified seven leaves of crepe myrtle entwined in Allison's hair. #badenclay

Four species entwined in hair included seven leaves of crepe myrtle #badenclay
Entwined and had to be cut out...oh my goodness...what did that man do to her?:rollercoaster:

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 47s
The court is being shown photos of the plant material retrieved from Allison's body #badenclay http://bit.ly/badenclayday9

Dr Guymer says the parts of eucalypt leaves and bark were no doubt fallen. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 50s
Dr Guymer says the Chinese Elm leaf looks to be a fallen leaf. #badenclay

I just wish these posts weren't so darn spot on :) :tantrum: Thanks for the light relief :floorlaugh:

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 51s
Dr Guymer says the lillypilly leaf was a live, or recently fallen leaf. #badenclay

Grass and leaf fragments from a vehicle footwell were provided to Dr Guymer for analysis #badenclay

Dr Guymer also looked at grass and leaf fragments from the Baden-Clay car, including from the footwells. #badenclay

Just a thought for the poor baby boy who the defence is urging was somehow a catalyst for Allison's death. Seriously? You think he will never discover what is being suggested? How do you think he'll feel? What of his cousins, Allison's girls, GBC's own flesh and blood!! Do they think it will have no consequences? Grrr.

Bit of topic but when I lived in Queensland I was in bed one night and heard the loudest most guttural scream I had ever heard in my life. My partner didn't really hear it as loud as I did as he was half asleep. To this day I have never forgotten the sound that night. I later found out it was a man who had come home and found his son hanging from under the back stairs. :( this happened a few blocks from me too...

Dr Guymer went to Kholo Creek with police July 2012 #badenclay

Dr Guymer went to Kholo Creek on Friday, July 13, to conduct a botanical survey of the area. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 49s
Dr Guymer found Chinese Elm and Eucalypts in the distance. Those were only two of the six species of plant found at Kholo Creek. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 57s
Dr Guymer could identify Chinese elm and eucalypts around the bridge, but not the other four species found with Allison's body #badenclay

As someone with a doctorate (PhD) and not a medical doctor, I can attest that I spend a lot of time explaining the difference to people.....

Defence: Doctor, are you sure the patient was dead at this point?
Pathologist: Yes.
Defence: But how can you be absolutely sure?
Pathologist: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
Defence: But is there still some small chance that he could have been still alive?
Pathologist: Well I suppose it is possible he could have been alive and practicing law somewhere...

The court is being shown photos of the plant material retrieved from Allison's body #badenclay http://bit.ly/badenclayday9

Dr Guymer says the parts of eucalypt leaves and bark were no doubt fallen. #badenclay

Fallen!!!! They were on the ground. I think this may be what we have been waiting for. Entwined in her hair. This was not brought up at the other hearings. Only that certain species had been found, most from the residence at Brookfield and two from Kholo.

Oh hello... Grass and leaf fragments from the car footwells?? We haven't heard that before, have we?

Alert for Marly -

I'm feeling slightly more confident ;)

:floorlaugh: :loveyou:

Defence: Doctor, are you sure the patient was dead at this point?
Pathologist: Yes.
Defence: But how can you be absolutely sure?
Pathologist: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
Defence: But is there still some small chance that he could have been still alive?
Pathologist: Well I suppose it is possible he could have been alive and practicing law somewhere...

Fallen!!!! They were on the ground. I think this may be what we have been waiting for. Entwined in her hair. This was not brought up at the other hearings. Only that certain species had been found, most from the residence at Brookfield and two from Kholo.

A pity there were no sunflowers around. That would be sweet justice.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 51s
Dr Guymer says the lillypilly leaf was a live, or recently fallen leaf. #badenclay

Grass and leaf fragments from a vehicle footwell were provided to Dr Guymer for analysis #badenclay

Dr Guymer also looked at grass and leaf fragments from the Baden-Clay car, including from the footwells. #badenclay

Oh!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Guymer went to the Baden-Clay home the same day #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 2m
Dr Guymer found Chinese Elm and Eucalypts in the distance. Those were only two of the six species of plant found at Kholo Creek. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 49s
Dr Guymer says he took some samples of the crepe myrtle from the house. #badenclay

He also points out fishbone fern and cat's claw creeper in the photos of the #badenclay home http://bit.ly/badenclayday9

Dr Guymer says fishbone ferns were also growing at the house. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 2m
Dr Guymer points out more crepe myrtles all the way round the Baden-Clay home #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 4m
Dr Guymer being shown photos of the Baden-Clay home, points out a crepe myrtle tree #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 4m
Dr Guymer says there is a crepe myrtle at the house, visible from the street. #badenclay

The court is being shown a photo of the garden, crepe myrtles and cat's claw creeper are pointed out by Dr Guymer. #badenclay

The court is being shown photographs of different plant species growing around the Baden-Clay house. #badenclay

Dr Guymer says he found a fallen branch of the lillypilly at the house. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 2m
Dr Guymer points out a lilly pilly tree in a photo of the #badenclay home.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 3m
Dr Guymer says he also found lillypilly at the house. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 30s
Cat's claw creeper is dangling off a steel post in the carport area #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 54s
Dr Guymer says crepe myrtle, cat's claw creeper, growing alongside the carport area. #badenclay

Dr Guymer being shown photos around the #badenclay home, pointing out more crepe myrtles and cat's claw creeper #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288