The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 24th June - Trial Day 9, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course, the defence will likely ask "Could Allison have got those leaves tangled in her hair while running through the carport, for example, if she left in a huff?"

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 55s
Dr Guymer says he went to nearby scout camp and travelled along to complete a plant survey. He didn't find the other plants. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
Dr Guymer says he returned to Kholo Creek bridge area on July 19 to complete another survey. Chinese Elm and Eucalypt only found. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 46s
Dr Guymer says he returned to Kholo Creek on later occasions to "confirm" those species weren't there. Definitely not there. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Dr Guymer returned to Kholo Creek a number of times, found no cat's claw creeper, crepe myrtle, fishbone fern or lilly pilly #badenclay

And of course, the defence will likely ask "Could Allison have got those leaves tangled in her hair while running through the carport, for example, if she left in a huff?"

Shhhh!

Yes she could have. But those would have been fresh leaves not FALLEN leaves.

Genuine question. - is that possible ?

Yep, I think so, unless I got something completely wrong. I'm doing a forensic science course on coursera atm. There, I just learned that individual DNA testing can be done on any species.

Yes she could have. But those would have been fresh leaves not FALLEN leaves.

"In that case, Dr Guymer, could they be consistent with Allison having rolled around the carport and back patio throwing a tantrum?"

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 49s
Dr Guymer did plant surveys around Brookfield to see where the six species were growing #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 55s
Dr Guymer says he went to nearby scout camp and travelled along to complete a plant survey. He didn't find the other plants. #badenclay

Dr Guymer says he returned to Kholo Creek bridge area on July 19 to complete another survey. Chinese Elm and Eucalypt only found. #badenclay

Is this the first time the jury have heard about the scout camp ?
I remember we all got pretty excited about this when we first heard about it...

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 51s
Dr Guymer says the lillypilly leaf was a live, or recently fallen leaf. #badenclay

Grass and leaf fragments from a vehicle footwell were provided to Dr Guymer for analysis #badenclay

Dr Guymer also looked at grass and leaf fragments from the Baden-Clay car, including from the footwells. #badenclay

So if there were grass and leaf fragments in the car we can surmise that the car was never vacuumed...

How on earth could all those fallen leaves have gotten entangled in her hair by running through the carport? Particularly those of the low growing species like the ferns?

That's it for today, back tomorrow #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 38s
Dr Guymer will continue his evidence tomorrow. Adjourned til 10am.

He'll be back! :)

So if there were grass and leaf fragments in the car we can surmise that the car was never vacuumed...

Perhaps they only thought to vacuum where Allison had been in the back, and not in the foot wells in the front.....

OMG, I won't be able to sleep tonight. I wish they would have had the time to hear all the evidence from Dr Guymer today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23