The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 24th June - Trial Day 9, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
And looks like another Crepe Myrtle on the side next to the carport....

1402658481386_wps_3_360_interactive_tour_of_t.jpg

The Crown tendered the pictures of the Baden-Clay home after opening its prosecution case in the trial of Gerard Baden-Clay for the alleged murder of his wife

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-days-Allison-disappeared.html#ixzz35H4yWa00

I hope this doesn't sound offensive, but GBC must be pretty weak if he had to drag Allison everywhere. :dunno:

It's just as well, it will probably do him in because she was contaminated with leaves and twigs from their yard, carport before taken to Kholo Ck. :please:

JMHO

Funny you should say that PM.
He thought he was a great romancer and yet he was a bit of a blob. He looked like HE should have been dieting and walking. In no pic does he appear to be fit. Saying that I have heard that a dead body is very heavy.
For me, I went 'bleugh' when I saw his weedy hands....(screw driver pic)

:puke:

Can any of the locals explain to me the north side of Crosby Road at the beginning of the bridge in relation to the attached images please? Is it the right hand side of the images as we're looking at them?

Bridge-offroad.jpg

Bridge-approach-1.jpg

Attachments

• kholobridge.jpg
    kholobridge.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 20
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Dr Guymer says crepe myrtle loses its leaves March to May. He says each one he examined was a fallen leaf #badenclay

Ah hah! Good to have an answer to that.

So that would imply that she picked up the leaves by falling/being knocked to the ground or being dragged, as we suspected

It is never over till the fat lady sings (I am a fat woman so am taking a bit of liberty). Dr Guymer may be a skinny man...but I think this may be what will be a defining point in proceedings.

I don't think he even bought Toni so much as a sandwich.. she says he bought her a camera... that is it.. nothing more!..

:groucho:

And remember the portrait he had done with GG. I think he paid for it.

Allison found it..how cruel.

ABC couldn't have a Son if there was no bed playing for 3 years.

The expert or GBC - what do you mean? :smile:
Allison must have been rolling on the ground outside, moving her head back and forth, in fight with GBC. Otherwise the leafs/bark may not have intertwined with her hair in such a way.
IMO

I still believe those marks on GBC's body were kick marks. I think she kicked him off her. I've looked but can't find a photo a the sole of a Lynx jogger.

And remember the portrait he had done with GG. I think he paid for it.

Allison found it..how cruel.

ABC couldn't have a Son if there was no bed playing for 3 years.

What portrait?

Lets also not forget that early on in the trial we saw pictures of the captiva and the defense wanted to assure us that it looked like it had not been cleaned/vacuumed as it was 'messy'.

So if the vacuum contains mud particles and leaf litter from Kholo then Yikes!
Also - I am sure there were a pair of muddy shoes that QPOfficer Kellie Thompson removed from GBC's wardrobe.

Going to have a look at the photo's of Kholo - if there are melaleuca leaves in that location and they are found in that vacuum - sonny boy might be in a lick of trouble. Will report back on both of the above to find the sources.

This looks to me like it's the Crepe Myrtle tree on the left. April = autumn so there's very few leaves still on the tree.

Fishbone fern underneath the Crepe Myrtle....

article-2657052-1EB8BADB00000578-11_964x493.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...amily-home-four-days-Allison-disappeared.html

Thank God for those beautiful fishbone ferns. Some of their fronds were found tangled in Allison's hair. She was 170cm tall and there is no way that the fishbone fern is the same height. The only way those fronds got tangled in her hair was if her head was close to or on the ground.

Feeling a bit nervous yet Gerard?

He is obviously a bit of a character Fluffykins!

The 65th witness in the trial is botanist Dr Gordon Guymer.

He said he was responsible for a collection of 830,000 specimens at the Queensland herbarium based at the botanic gardens.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226964239691

maybe just adding to the collection?

I was imagining him being a bit of a plant geek and thinking, "Ooh a crepe myrtle from Brookfield in Brisbane. Haven't got one of those in my collection" :)

And now I see I'm not the only one who thought that, lol.

Thank you Spratsmum, Amee and Brightbird! - Yeah, I guess incorrigible plant collector is probably the most likely answer. It also occurrs to me that when he was examining the crepe myrtle leaves removed from Allison's hair, he may have been thinking those little leaves could help to put GBC away for good ... and just maybe he intended to plant one of his crepe myrtle cuttings somewhere as a tribute to Allison - a private memorial. Maybe. :dunno:

Defence: Oh, I see the prosecution have another so called "Doctor". What are you, a "Tree Doctor"?
Dr Guymer: I'm a botanist.
Defence: I didn't ask your religion. I demand a mistrial!
Dr Guymer: Sigh.

haha

you beat me to it

only if she is dead.. unless she would have agreed to selling it.. perhaps she didn't agree with his business proposal. .. I don't know. .

but considering that he rang the insurance office.. ...... checking up on the state of the policy.. and that he had a bill for the premium on the policy of $1,100,00 clutched in his little hand, unpaid, and most likely unpayable within the time frame the insurance company had given ( May 9th) .. and that was a grace extension.. either pay the bill or claim the insurance..

all will be revealed..

Did the policy expire or did he borrow to pay the premium.

I still believe those marks on GBC's body were kick marks. I think she kicked him off her. I've looked but can't find a photo a the sole of a Lynx jogger.

There's a squillion different styles of Lynx's boots. This is probably closest we'll get....

sw8sci.jpg

Mr Christ said Baden-Clay paid three interest payments over June, July and August.

He said by April, 2012, none of the principal $90,000 loan was repaid and no interest was repaid since July or August, 2011.

Mr Christ said the Baden-Clay business was in negative cashflow at the time and “basically worth nothing”.

and this is the business Gerard tells Toni he is going to sell. ... its worth nothing, in fact, its in negative, but Toni falls for it. These are not very bright people. ..

Christ, Cranna and Cheeseman all expected to get $90,000.00 profit on their invested $90,000.00.... that is, for their outlay of $90,000.00 they expected $180,000.00 back.

so that's all up, .. ah.. $180,000.00 for each, so that is x 3 = $540,000.00

I'm still laughing about this.. hard to figure out just who conned who in this little deal.. . one thing is for sure... they all lost $90,000.00

Marvellous how each of them veered right off from knowing why Alison was suddenly involved in the business... it was all over the Real Estate business from Currumbin to Noosa.

Can any of the locals explain to me the north side of Crosby Road at the beginning of the bridge in relation to the attached images please? Is it the right hand side of the images as we're looking at them?

View attachment 44568

View attachment 44569

Makara - yes. The north side - that is, the side of the bridge facing AWAY from the mouth of the creek and the Brisbane River - is the right side as you look at those photos. It is the side WITHOUT the water mains pipe running parallel to the bridge and road - those are coming from Mt Crosby and run on the southern, or river, side of the bridge. And the southern side is the one below which Allison was lying. The pathologist, Nathan Milne, in the autopsy report, describes how he leans over the bridge railings and could see Allison's body - that would have been the southern side railings.

The little bush car parking area - shown in the photos you posted - is on the northern side of the road, just BEFORE the bridge as you head outbound - i.e. Towards Mt Crosby and Ipswich. And that is the area that has now been cleared, bitumened and where the memorial is.

Hope that all makes sense

Thank you Spratsmum, Amee and Brightbird! - Yeah, I guess incorrigible plant collector is probably the most likely answer. It also occurrs to me that when he was examining the crepe myrtle leaves removed from Allison's hair, he may have been thinking those little leaves could help to put GBC away for good ... and just maybe he intended to plant one of his crepe myrtle cuttings somewhere as a tribute to Allison - a private memorial. Maybe. :dunno:

I was wondering if he propagated the cutting so that he may be able to conclusively prove that the myrtle leaves were from that particular tree. The crepe myrtle is deciduous so it would not have had any leaves when he visited in July and the fallen leaves would have dried and decayed. He may have been able to interpret from the data obtained whether the specimen sample matched the ones found on the body.

Did the policy expire or did he borrow to pay the premium.

he didn't pay the premium, and Alison was murdered before the policy expired..

how neat is that , ey??

he gets a letter from the insurance April 6th saying, this is overdue, as a grace note we will extend the deadline until May 9th... if payment isn't received by May 9th, the policy and all its inherent value becomes invalid, expired, kaput and goodbye..

so he is 19 days out from the thing falling over forever, when Alison goes 'missing'

I would guess she didn't have runners on if she was watching TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam