The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 24th June - Trial Day 9, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Spratsmum, Amee and Brightbird! - Yeah, I guess incorrigible plant collector is probably the most likely answer. It also occurrs to me that when he was examining the crepe myrtle leaves removed from Allison's hair, he may have been thinking those little leaves could help to put GBC away for good ... and just maybe he intended to plant one of his crepe myrtle cuttings somewhere as a tribute to Allison - a private memorial. Maybe. :dunno:

Good for him if he did!! They are a beautiful tree!

This is what the leaves probably looked like at that time of year...

garden_crepemrytle_fallcolor.jpg

crepe-myrtle.jpg

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 28s
Mr Giles says there was a depression on the ground where her body had been. #badenclay

THERE defence team....there is your depression......the only one associated with Allison's death.

Grrrr - I am feeling Dr Watson's frustration as well...... :banghead::facepalm:

(RSBM)

Can't help but wonder - why on earth would he do that? :waitasec:

The Crepe Myrtle is a deciduous tree and would have been in its dormant stage when Dr Guymer took the cuttings. He then struck the cuttings so that he could compare their new leaves to those found on Allison.

Hope that makes sense.

Mr Christ said Baden-Clay paid three interest payments over June, July and August.

He said by April, 2012, none of the principal $90,000 loan was repaid and no interest was repaid since July or August, 2011.

Mr Christ said the Baden-Clay business was in negative cashflow at the time and “basically worth nothing”.

and this is the business Gerard tells Toni he is going to sell. ... its worth nothing, in fact, its in negative, but Toni falls for it. These are not very bright people. ..

Christ, Cranna and Cheeseman all expected to get $90,000.00 profit on their invested $90,000.00.... that is, for their outlay of $90,000.00 they expected $180,000.00 back.

so that's all up, .. ah.. $180,000.00 for each, so that is x 3 = $540,000.00

I'm still laughing about this.. hard to figure out just who conned who in this little deal.. . one thing is for sure... they all lost $90,000.00

Marvellous how each of them veered right off from knowing why Alison was suddenly involved in the business... it was all over the Real Estate business from Currumbin to Noosa.

Trooper the only thing of value in the business was the rent roll! That's why he had to keep it at all costs.

Oh dear me - <modsnip>...! Trying to back out now? Saying that he'd be very surprised if the screams came from the BC house?

And how can his phone - which I'm pretty sure was an iPhone - be consistently 6 minutes fast? They time-sync to the network. Mine is the most accurate "watch" that I own!

A lot of his evidence is ringing alarm bells in my head - I can't really accuse him of committing perjury. But I have to wonder why he testified what he did?

I've been curious as to his role from the beginning - and now his testimony has just made me much more curious...

It frustrates me that the prosecution didn't call him on this! First he says he can hear stuff that happens at the showgrounds from his place, then he says he would be very surprised if the noises came from the BC house! Why wouldn't they insist that he clarify this? Frustrating.

I wonder if he was trying to insinuate that the screams were that of someone being strangled away from the BC home, thus maybe by a random stranger, planting doubt in the jury's mind?

Very curious about this witness too doc.....

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 4m
Dr Guymer being shown photos of the Baden-Clay home, points out a crepe myrtle tree #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou 4m
Dr Guymer says there is a crepe myrtle at the house, visible from the street. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou 1m
The court is being shown a photo of the garden, crepe myrtles and cat's claw creeper are pointed out by Dr Guymer. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou 1m
The court is being shown photographs of different plant species growing around the Baden-Clay house. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou 2m
Dr Guymer says he found a fallen branch of the lillypilly at the house. #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 2m
Dr Guymer points out a lilly pilly tree in a photo of the #badenclay home.

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou 3m
Dr Guymer says he also found lillypilly at the house. #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 30s
Cat's claw creeper is dangling off a steel post in the carport area #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou 54s
Dr Guymer says crepe myrtle, cat's claw creeper, growing alongside the carport area. #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 1m
Dr Guymer being shown photos around the #badenclay home, pointing out more crepe myrtles and cat's claw creeper #badenclay

AND BINGO - poor Allison was killed at home and possibly dragged to the car. that is what this is telling me.

equity this, equity that.. Gerard couldn't run a chook raffle.
...and you wouldn't want to deal with any of his "business partners" either. Has no one heard of due diligence or a signed contract FFS!!!! I've met GBC and believe me he's no charmer or maybe I'm not easily hoodwinked ;-)

Trooper the only thing of value in the business was the rent roll! That's why he had to keep it at all costs.

ha! an even bigger stuff up.. Frost and Broome bought out the rent roll.. . they then sold it to Gerard, he couldn't pay it straight up , so the deal was, he paid them interest ( heard this story before?? ) .. he did, for three months, but the snag was, if he defaulted on the interest, the rent roll reverted back to Frost and Broome ,... which it did. !!

it surprised me that Cranna, Cheeseman and Christ didn't get the significance of this at all.. but hey.. not my $90 thou.

...and you wouldn't want to deal with any of his "business partners" either. Has no one heard of due diligence or a signed contract FFS!!!! I've met GBC and believe me he's no charmer or maybe I'm not easily hoodwinked ;-)

If I was a client of those blokes.. I'd be checking my account today. ..

ha! an even bigger stuff up.. Frost and Broome bought out the rent roll.. . they then sold it to Gerard, he couldn't pay it straight up , so the deal was, he paid them interest ( heard this story before?? ) .. he did, for three months, but the snag was, if he defaulted on the interest, the rent roll reverted back to Frost and Broome ,... which it did. !!

it surprised me that Cranna, Cheeseman and Christ didn't get the significance of this at all.. but hey.. not my $90 thou.
But by the time it reverted back to them (after GBC's arrest) it was worthless. No properties in the portfolio = worthless!

Makara - yes. The north side - that is, the side of the bridge facing AWAY from the mouth of the creek and the Brisbane River - is the right side as you look at those photos. It is the side WITHOUT the water mains pipe running parallel to the bridge and road - those are coming from Mt Crosby and run on the southern, or river, side of the bridge. And the southern side is the one below which Allison was lying. The pathologist, Nathan Milne, in the autopsy report, describes how he leans over the bridge railings and could see Allison's body - that would have been the southern side railings.

The little bush car parking area - shown in the photos you posted - is on the northern side of the road, just BEFORE the bridge as you head outbound - i.e. Towards Mt Crosby and Ipswich. And that is the area that has now been cleared, bitumened and where the memorial is.

Hope that all makes sense

Thanks Doc, yes it does make sense and it's what I thought. IMO it was that side of the bridge where GBC took Allison's body and dumped it from the concrete slab under the bridge. I recall you posting photos of that area last year sometime and pointing out that with the surrounding trees and overgrowth there, it would have been quite easy to park a car there so that it wasn't visible to passing traffic. I'll see if I can finds those pics again.

I was wondering if he propagated the cutting so that he may be able to conclusively prove that the myrtle leaves were from that particular tree. The crepe myrtle is deciduous so it would not have had any leaves when he visited in July and the fallen leaves would have dried and decayed. He may have been able to interpret from the data obtained whether the specimen sample matched the ones found on the body.

Snap Forensics. I just posted the same thing. :floorlaugh: It does make sense though doesn't it?

he didn't pay the premium, and Alison was murdered before the policy expired..

how neat is that , ey??

he gets a letter from the insurance April 6th saying, this is overdue, as a grace note we will extend the deadline until May 9th... if payment isn't received by May 9th, the policy and all its inherent value becomes invalid, expired, kaput and goodbye..

so he is 19 days out from the thing falling over forever, when Alison goes 'missing'

I won't allow myself to be desensitised to this.
Absorb this and just realise how absolutely disgusting this person really really is.

I won't allow myself to be desensitised to this.
Absorb this and just realise how absolutely disgusting this person really really is.

calculated stuff, TGY ...

amateur, idiotic, brazen, but calculated, nonetheless.

I recall way back we discussed GBC possibly being a member of the Masons. Did we ever discover if he is?

I have been wondering today, after this morning's witnesses, whether there might be a connection, and whether they make some sort of vow to stand by one another no matter what, and to honour agreements even without legal documentation.

Ok - still checking through photos to see if I can find evidence of Melaleucas but they have a thin leaf and a yellow tinge to their foliage. The Melaleuca bracteata is the one found specifically at Kholo Creek.

Without getting anyones hopes up - if the photos from GerryRocks posted yesterday there is evidence of Melaleuca - but without sighting these trees specifically my opinion means little here at this time. Will see if I can get out there this weekend.

As for my memory of shoes - it was correct - Kellie Thomson (correct spelling now) located at 10:23am on the 24th of April, at the BC residence (Brookfield rd) A pair of Adidas Running shoes size 10, 1of 2 shoes covered in mud in the bedroom cupbard of Allison and GBC.

(I hope this mud was tested to see if matched the Kholo mud and any vacuum mud!)

I was wondering if he propagated the cutting so that he may be able to conclusively prove that the myrtle leaves were from that particular tree. The crepe myrtle is deciduous so it would not have had any leaves when he visited in July and the fallen leaves would have dried and decayed. He may have been able to interpret from the data obtained whether the specimen sample matched the ones found on the body.

The Crepe Myrtle is a deciduous tree and would have been in its dormant stage when Dr Guymer took the cuttings. He then struck the cuttings so that he could compare their new leaves to those found on Allison.

Hope that makes sense.

Aha, yes of course! Thank you both. :tyou:

So okay, fingers crossed he has matched the samples he struck to the leaves found on Allison. I'll be glued to my screen at 10am tomorrow!

The main thing that stood out for me from the Christ, Cheeseman and Cranna testimonies today is that the money loaned to GBC was deposited into the joint business account of GBC AND Allison. They being the owners of the company. So if GBC is convicted and has no way of paying back those loans, they will sue Allison's estate to recoup their money, plus interest. Or have I got that wrong? I just felt that those three were saying 'nice' things about Allison on the one hand, but on the other they had this agenda, a subtle hint that they know there is money held in trust and one way or another they will get their hands on it.

Wonder if they declared the interest that GBC had paid them to the ATO.

Good for him if he did!! They are a beautiful tree!

This is what the leaves probably looked like at that time of year...

garden_crepemrytle_fallcolor.jpg

crepe-myrtle.jpg

They are indeed a lovely tree MW, and it would be a nice tribute to her if he did. I'm planning on starting some sunflower seeds in a few months in her honour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling