The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 24th June - Trial Day 9, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok - still checking through photos to see if I can find evidence of Melaleucas but they have a thin leaf and a yellow tinge to their foliage. The Melaleuca bracteata is the one found specifically at Kholo Creek.

Without getting anyones hopes up - if the photos from GerryRocks posted yesterday there is evidence of Melaleuca - but without sighting these trees specifically my opinion means little here at this time. Will see if I can get out there this weekend.

As for my memory of shoes - it was correct - Kellie Thomson (correct spelling now) located at 10:23am on the 24th of April, at the BC residence (Brookfield rd) A pair of Adidas Running shoes size 10, 1of 2 shoes covered in mud in the bedroom cupbard of Allison and GBC.

(I hope this mud was tested to see if matched the Kholo mud and any vacuum mud!)

Mr Davis tendered a report to the court on a sampling of wheel arches of the Holden Captiva and clothing of Baden-Clay, including a pair of shoes, which showed no matches with soil samples taken from Kholo Creek.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...re-supreme-court/story-e6freoof-1226536987434

Just been looking through pics of BC home etc. and noticed the Toyota Prado has damage on the front? I checked an article about the damage and GBC was tight lipped about what happened.

Does anyone have a time frame of when the car was damaged? After the incident at Indro with his friend's car or before? When Allison was missing? :confused:

889649-baden-clay.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...gation-continues/story-e6freoof-1226383907525

From memory it was established early on that it was a previous accident Gerard had had ( mind on something else perhaps !)

Just been looking through pics of BC home etc. and noticed the Toyota Prado has damage on the front? I checked an article about the damage and GBC was tight lipped about what happened.
Does anyone have a time frame of when the car was damaged? After the incident at Indro with his friend's car or before? When Allison was missing? :confused:

889649-baden-clay.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/police-return-gerard-baden-clays-impounded-4wd-as-murder-investigation-continues/story-e6freoof-1226383907525
I can't find the quote ATM but it was said by a poster here that the Prado was damaged prior to Allison going missing. I don't think it has any standing in this case. But while I'm posting, 9 news didn't make any bones about today's evidence. It was all going against Gerard (as we all knew) but good to see the media wasn't going the unbiased route.

I think we won't hear anything about the contents of the vacuum cleaner, just my gut telling me it was of no evidentiary value to the prosecution. I think GBC really did want to get on with doing whatever he and NBC had planned to do on the cheesman house. He desperately needed that to get sold ASAP even if he thought he would be getting life insurance some time in the future.

So I think the whole thing about NBC putting the vacuum and hose in his car has nothing to do with Allison's death.

I hope I am wrong and there is some evidence there but I don't think so.

I also think there will be nothing about the roundabout. I think they were doing tests there to see if it was possible for the camera to not take a pic of a car going through it.

The main thing that stood out for me from the Christ, Cheeseman and Cranna testimonies today is that the money loaned to GBC was deposited into the joint business account of GBC AND Allison. They being the owners of the company. So if GBC is convicted and has no way of paying back those loans, they will sue Allison's estate to recoup their money, plus interest. Or have I got that wrong? I just felt that those three were saying 'nice' things about Allison on the other hand, but on the other they had this agenda, a subtle hint that they know there is money held in trust and one way or another they will get their hands on it.

Wonder if they declared the interest that GBC had paid them to the ATO.

BBM... for emphasis..

think nice thoughts.. they cant because they didn't sign any papers formalising the arrangement... their agreement was a 'gentlemens ' one, a handshake thingy, and stated clearly, they didn't discuss or consult about it with Alison..

they can whistle dixie for the 90 thou, and they know it, too..

889649-baden-clay.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/police-return-gerard-baden-clays-impounded-4wd-as-murder-investigation-continues/story-e6freoof-1226383907525

The quick answer, PrimeSuspect, is that the damage happened before April 19. If Indromum is on, I know she has a good grasp on that story. It is unrelated to the events of April 19 and 20.

889649-baden-clay.jpg

I am sure it was stated that it was the week before Allison went missing.
I saw GBC driving this car towards me outside his house before his arrest. I thought it was still impounded....it certainly said that in the paper that morning. A few WS's doubted I had seen it....so I called The Courier Mail to verify. Even they thought it was still with the police. It was really bizarre....I described the damage and the number plate - set of all this hullabaloo about it being the wrong number plate and it was impossible for me to have seen it as it was in the paper that day that the police still had it. Phew it was tough in the early days being a websleuther!

889649-baden-clay.jpg

Ahhhh koppers logs!!!!

I recall way back we discussed GBC possibly being a member of the Masons. Did we ever discover if he is?

I have been wondering today, after this morning's witnesses, whether there might be a connection, and whether they make some sort of vow to stand by one another no matter what, and to honour agreements even without legal documentation.

I can't remember which high school they all went to, but if it was a private one, especially boys only, there will definitely be 'an old boys network' and no matter what, they will help each other out.

But how on earth can professional (?) men lend so much money without any paper work??? Oops, I answered my own question above. Old boyz and their handshakes.

:jail::jail::jail:

12:51pm: Mrs Baden-Clay's parents Priscilla and Geoff Dickie are seated in the front row of the public gallery listening to the disturbing details about the condition in which their daughter's remains were found.

Mr Baden-Clay's sister Olivia Walton is seated directly behind her brother on the opposite side of the public gallery.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-9-week-3-20140624-3apn6.html#ixzz35WORQT35
did he have his handkerchief out? any emotions at all?

I was wondering if he propagated the cutting so that he may be able to conclusively prove that the myrtle leaves were from that particular tree. The crepe myrtle is deciduous so it would not have had any leaves when he visited in July and the fallen leaves would have dried and decayed. He may have been able to interpret from the data obtained whether the specimen sample matched the ones found on the body.

oh nice thinking.

figured there had to be a scientific reason for it to be mentioned in the report.

I think we won't hear anything about the contents of the vacuum cleaner, just my gut telling me it was of no evidentiary value to the prosecution. I think GBC really did want to get on with doing whatever he and NBC had planned to do on the cheesman house. He desperately needed that to get sold ASAP even if he thought he would be getting life insurance some time in the future.

So I think the whole thing about NBC putting the vacuum and hose in his car has nothing to do with Allison's death.

I hope I am wrong and there is some evidence there but I don't think so.

I also think there will be nothing about the roundabout. I think they were doing tests there to see if it was possible for the camera to not take a pic of a car going through it.

Maybe he wanted to water the garden so needed the hose. But GBC said the house was washed, cleaned and photographed yesterday (Thurs).It was being launched on the Friday.
Unless something happened to dirty the place up a bit overnight and did need to re clean it.
We are selling one our properties now and I made sure it was clean, spick and span before the photo's were taken.

that pic of Gerard always has me yelping with laughter.. pie face.. ..

* helpless now* ..

The pie face photo is the quintessential GBC photo. I don't know how the photographer did it, but he or she should receive a picture speaks 1000 words award. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288