The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that is just slack reporting. First, Maxolon is not an antibiotic - it's an anti-nausea medication.

Second, how can the cell tower triangulation locate the phone to a 4Km radius, yet at the same time pinpoint it to an address on Boscombe Rd?
The "Find the iPhone" app thingy was the one that pinpointed it to 61 Boscombe Rd - behind the BC house. That would have been accurate to within 5m or less.
But I AM surprised - and have been since they first mentioned this - that the cell tower triangulation put the phone within a 4Km radius. Where I live (not far away from the BC house), I only have access to a couple of towers, and despite that, even indoors with no GPS access by the iPhone itself, not only can the cell towers put my phone in the correct house - it usually puts it pretty much in the right room! So I'm puzzled by the 4Km radius bit.

But the mystery remains as to why the app put the blue dot in the garden of 61 Boscombe Rd (and that would have been pretty accurate) but nothing was found even with a fingertip search.

I wonder how long it was between Kellie Thomson finding that blue dot on GBC's phone, and the start of the search? Plenty of time for GBC or somebody he contacted to go find the phone and get rid of the bloody thing?

I believe it was the evening of 20thApril when they had search on for the phone using helicopter with infrared.

Text copied from Constable Kellie Thomson's statement....

34. Later that evening, I printed a map of the location of where I saw the Blue do from the application of find my friends on the defendant's phone and we attended 61 Boscombe Road Brookfield, where a search was conducted. During this search I recall having the assistance of a helicopter that was equipped with a heat light. Whilst doing the search we all separated around the property and Inspector Dal'Osto would ensure each person was quiet and all torch lights were off and would call Allison BADEN_CLAY'S mobile to assist the helicopter attempting to locate her phone.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

Bit confusing...

Text copied from Detective McCleod's first bail application charge sheet and summary.

The defendant stated that he received this injury whilst he was changing a light bulb at a house he was preparing for open house.

An employee of the Century 21 business, Jody Meynell, was present at this time and refuted this claim that the injury was sustained during the preparation of the open house.

Thank you Marly! Handbrake went on for a moment - here it is ^

I appreciate the journal is evidence but I felt it was a horrible invasion of privacy for the whole world to hear what were her own private thoughts.

:(

I understand what you mean, but IMO it is the complete opposite. I think it so far has been the only true version of evidence as to what she was thinking/feeling at the time. Throughout the whole trial we have heard the BC's talk a load of garbage about her and painted their son as a perfect prince, yet this journal contradicts that completely.

So IMO it is amazing that they get to show everybody the truth to the jury about who GBC really was.

Now that is just slack reporting. First, Maxolon is not an antibiotic - it's an anti-nausea medication.

Second, how can the cell tower triangulation locate the phone to a 4Km radius, yet at the same time pinpoint it to an address on Boscombe Rd?
The "Find the iPhone" app thingy was the one that pinpointed it to 61 Boscombe Rd - behind the BC house. That would have been accurate to within 5m or less.
But I AM surprised - and have been since they first mentioned this - that the cell tower triangulation put the phone within a 4Km radius. Where I live (not far away from the BC house), I only have access to a couple of towers, and despite that, even indoors with no GPS access by the iPhone itself, not only can the cell towers put my phone in the correct house - it usually puts it pretty much in the right room! So I'm puzzled by the 4Km radius bit.

But the mystery remains as to why the app put the blue dot in the garden of 61 Boscombe Rd (and that would have been pretty accurate) but nothing was found even with a fingertip search.

I wonder how long it was between Kellie Thomson finding that blue dot on GBC's phone, and the start of the search? Plenty of time for GBC or somebody he contacted to go find the phone and get rid of the bloody thing?

Don't know why, but I have always had the impression that the phone was wedged between 2 surfaces - in the base of something - like a pot plant or the base of a window frame.

Just thinking out loud.

The case against premeditation points to how unplanned and disorganised GBC appeared. But what if it was premeditated, and, like everything else in his life, GBC messed it up as well? Planning and thinking things through does not seem his forté.

Yes MB

My feeling is is a bit of both.

Had been well premedited ("oh Fleggy- i desperately need 400k" >> coupla weeks later "oh nvm mate - sorted")

But then on the 19th:
- argument got out of control,
- something created a 'point of no return' (he hits her/she threatens to call the cops/divorce him and take him to the cleaners/he tells her something that really can't get out/she greatly wounds his narcissistic ego, etc).

- (a) They're physically fighting and he decides "might as well do it now"
- (b) he flies into a fit of narcissistic rage* and just loses it.

So he had a rough fantasy plan (suicide story, Kholo Bridge maybe) but the rest had to be fitted in on the fly.

* Narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I appreciate the journal is evidence but I felt it was a horrible invasion of privacy for the whole world to hear what were her own private thoughts.

:(

I see it as Allison's voice in the trial. Her evidence......

I understand what you mean, but IMO it is the complete opposite. I think it so far has been the only true version of evidence as to what she was thinking/feeling at the time. Throughout the whole trial we have heard the BC's talk a load of garbage about her and painted their son as a perfect prince, yet this journal contradicts that completely.

So IMO it is amazing that they get to show everybody the truth to the jury about who GBC really was.

my thoughts too , that's what I was trying to say but you said it so much better thank you and so did marly

"Peta said ball in your court. Force me to look to you - think that's where you wanted me."

What does this line from Allisons journal mean to others here?

I'm confused as to what she was saying here. And who is Peta?

Am very interested in your thoughts on this bit

257773-58d73a3c-fb6e-11e3-85eb-f305a31fe088.jpg

Seems the brothers back in town!

The whole family gives me the creeps. The way they have acted, the expressions on their faces and the way they have tried to paint such a negative picture of Allison's depression (which was really just exacerbated because of their son Jerred).

They know more about this whole situation than they are letting on. Makes me sick.

What a wonderful husband he is.

Rushing and panicking to get the children to school
Checking if the children were up and dressed.
Heating up Allison rollers, if you please.
Making lunches.
Even Making the bed! Oh please! Oh what a catch he is.
Texting Kate
All at the same time showering and sitting on the toilet.
Lovingly concerned for his wife.

WHAT A CROCK!

All of this is self reported , too.. I have the count at 7 up till now of how many people in those first hours that he told this litany of glory to. He couldn't stop himself bigging himself up even in this extreme time of his wife being missing.. . All his statements, and conversations have this stuff sprinkled thru it like a mantra.. he replayed and replayed his role as Mr Helpful over and over again..

Don't know why, but I have always had the impression that the phone was wedged between 2 surfaces - in the base of something - like a pot plant or the base of a window frame.

Just thinking out loud.

Back in very early second or third threads there was a lot of discussion about where the phone could possibly be. One member said it may have been in septic tank. The member called it in to Crimestoppers.

But I think it was thrown up somewhere in that neighbours yard & "someone" later retrieved it.

So much to catch up on already today.. would be great if court would recess for Websleuthers to catch up! lol

What does this line from Allisons journal mean to others here?

I'm confused as to what she was saying here. And who is Peta?

Am very interested in your thoughts on this bit

I assumed someone she was seeing about the bad marriage a counsellor or GP

does anyone know if the Pastor is calling himself Pastor Baden Walton now?? I merely enquire.. I understand Olivia is portraying herself as Baden Walton, and I am curious if the Pastor, he of the crank up against any press reports, has followed suit?

I don't think the siblings know anything except what they were told by GBC to solidify his position and they must be expecting a result soon, I imagine, since the brother has arrived.

Yes I see that point

I am just saddened as when she wrote this she wouldn't have wanted it made public.

IMO you should be glad it has happened.

It NEEDED to be made public so the rest of their friends/family and also the general public can truly understand how much of a <modsnip> GBC really is. He went about his business charming other ladies and acting like the perfect husband/family man and everyone believed it, while Allison suffered behind closed doors.

He would have kept going on like this for the rest of his life, but shedding light through her journal has now revealed the covers and shone the light on his true self. I don't know if a heap of people will be able to trust him ever again, let alone be fooled by his lies and "charming" personality.

:floorlaugh:
does anyone know if the Pastor is calling himself Pastor Baden Walton now?? I merely enquire.. I understand Olivia is portraying herself as Baden Walton, and I am curious of the Pastor, he of the crank up against any press reports, has followed suit?

IMO you should be glad it has happened.

It NEEDED to be made public so the rest of their friends/family and also the general public can truly understand how much of a <modsnip> GBC really is. He went about his business charming other ladies and acting like the perfect husband/family man and everyone believed it, while Allison suffered behind closed doors.

He would have kept going on like this for the rest of his life, but shedding light through her journal has now revealed the covers and shone the light on his true self. I don't know if a heap of people will be able to trust him ever again, let alone be fooled by his lies and "charming" personality.

Imagine what the jurors would be thinking about the diary entries....

What sort of person is this one accused of murdering Allison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member