The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

I believe it was the evening of 20thApril when they had search on for the phone using helicopter with infrared.

Text copied from Constable Kellie Thomson's statement....

34. Later that evening, I printed a map of the location of where I saw the Blue do from the application of find my friends on the defendant's phone and we attended 61 Boscombe Road Brookfield, where a search was conducted. During this search I recall having the assistance of a helicopter that was equipped with a heat light. Whilst doing the search we all separated around the property and Inspector Dal'Osto would ensure each person was quiet and all torch lights were off and would call Allison BADEN_CLAY'S mobile to assist the helicopter attempting to locate her phone.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

2. Camp Chair

Camp Chair Active Member

Thank you Marly! Handbrake went on for a moment - here it is ^

3. JAM13

JAM13 New Member

I understand what you mean, but IMO it is the complete opposite. I think it so far has been the only true version of evidence as to what she was thinking/feeling at the time. Throughout the whole trial we have heard the BC's talk a load of garbage about her and painted their son as a perfect prince, yet this journal contradicts that completely.

So IMO it is amazing that they get to show everybody the truth to the jury about who GBC really was.

4. FigTree

FigTree Well-Known Member

Don't know why, but I have always had the impression that the phone was wedged between 2 surfaces - in the base of something - like a pot plant or the base of a window frame.

Just thinking out loud.

5. Neuromancer

Neuromancer New Member

Yes MB

My feeling is is a bit of both.

Had been well premedited ("oh Fleggy- i desperately need 400k" >> coupla weeks later "oh nvm mate - sorted")

But then on the 19th:
    - argument got out of control,
    - something created a 'point of no return' (he hits her/she threatens to call the cops/divorce him and take him to the cleaners/he tells her something that really can't get out/she greatly wounds his narcissistic ego, etc).

- (a) They're physically fighting and he decides "might as well do it now"
    - (b) he flies into a fit of narcissistic rage* and just loses it.

So he had a rough fantasy plan (suicide story, Kholo Bridge maybe) but the rest had to be fitted in on the fly.

* Narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

6. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

I see it as Allison's voice in the trial. Her evidence......

7. squizzey1

squizzey1 Verified insider - Allison Baden-Clay case

my thoughts too , that's what I was trying to say but you said it so much better thank you and so did marly

8. ford71

ford71 Member

What does this line from Allisons journal mean to others here?

I'm confused as to what she was saying here. And who is Peta?

Am very interested in your thoughts on this bit

9. JAM13

JAM13 New Member

The whole family gives me the creeps. The way they have acted, the expressions on their faces and the way they have tried to paint such a negative picture of Allison's depression (which was really just exacerbated because of their son Jerred).

They know more about this whole situation than they are letting on. Makes me sick.

10. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

All of this is self reported , too.. I have the count at 7 up till now of how many people in those first hours that he told this litany of glory to. He couldn't stop himself bigging himself up even in this extreme time of his wife being missing.. . All his statements, and conversations have this stuff sprinkled thru it like a mantra.. he replayed and replayed his role as Mr Helpful over and over again..

11. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Back in very early second or third threads there was a lot of discussion about where the phone could possibly be. One member said it may have been in septic tank. The member called it in to Crimestoppers.

But I think it was thrown up somewhere in that neighbours yard & "someone" later retrieved it.

12. UnfoldingTruth

UnfoldingTruth New Member

So much to catch up on already today.. would be great if court would recess for Websleuthers to catch up! lol

13. Cattail

Cattail New Member

Yes I see that point

I am just saddened as when she wrote this she wouldn't have wanted it made public.

14. Waiting for Justice

Waiting for Justice Member

Me too!

15. squizzey1

squizzey1 Verified insider - Allison Baden-Clay case

I assumed someone she was seeing about the bad marriage a counsellor or GP

16. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

does anyone know if the Pastor is calling himself Pastor Baden Walton now?? I merely enquire.. I understand Olivia is portraying herself as Baden Walton, and I am curious if the Pastor, he of the crank up against any press reports, has followed suit?

17. Karo

Karo Active Member

I don't think the siblings know anything except what they were told by GBC to solidify his position and they must be expecting a result soon, I imagine, since the brother has arrived.

18. JAM13

JAM13 New Member

IMO you should be glad it has happened.

It NEEDED to be made public so the rest of their friends/family and also the general public can truly understand how much of a <modsnip> GBC really is. He went about his business charming other ladies and acting like the perfect husband/family man and everyone believed it, while Allison suffered behind closed doors.

He would have kept going on like this for the rest of his life, but shedding light through her journal has now revealed the covers and shone the light on his true self. I don't know if a heap of people will be able to trust him ever again, let alone be fooled by his lies and "charming" personality.

19. Total

Total New Member

:floorlaugh:

20. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Imagine what the jurors would be thinking about the diary entries....

What sort of person is this one accused of murdering Allison.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.