The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Don't sweat, this may be a matter of course at this stage and might come from either or both sides, to determine what the defence must prove. There are different defences that can be made for murder and manslaughter. Sentence for manslaughter (an unlawful killing) can still be up to life.

The police must prove the accused committed each offence in an unlawful killing to my understanding. Has that been adduced beyond a reasonable doubt?

2. UnfoldingTruth

UnfoldingTruth New Member

Ha,ha..true. I too am wearing a purple jumper.

3. Freya1977

Freya1977 Well-Known Member

He's going to plead guilty to manslaughter (or whatever the correct legal term is) IMO. Just my opinion.

4. PrimeSuspect

PrimeSuspect Under the Milky Way

This is true. Wishful thinking on my part.

5. Trooper

Trooper On Time Out

I don't know what is going on.. I have a theory.. nothing more, and based on bugger all..

that Gerard is trying to cop a deal. a plea..

now.. wishful thinking on my part ?? about 50% of it is.. 50% of it is based on the circumstances now arising..

the thing is.. before the defence puts any witness on the stand, IF Gerard is to testify ,he has to go first.. so the decision has to be made now if he is going to do that.. He cannot go AFTER any of the defence witnesses...

6. squizzey1

squizzey1 Verified insider - Allison Baden-Clay case

ali , ali , what would be the sentence for unlawful killing , and interfering with a corpse , could it be up to 15 years if they were accumulated and not concurrent PLEASE

7. Amee

Amee Active Member

The jury saw a number admissions made by the defendant in relation to the trial, relating to generally uncontested facts, such as the timing of phone calls, the sending of emails between Bruce Overland and Toni McHugh, the purchase of cars and interviews conducted by police.

It also contained an admission that a diagram showing a unit plan that was drawn in the journal of Allison Baden-Clay was done by the hand of the accused.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226965646588

8. Trooper

Trooper On Time Out

the prosecution has to accept that plea, though. Gerard doing it is only half his problem.. .

somehow.. I don't think the prosecution will accept it.. not after 2 years and supreme court trial going on for this long.

9. itsthevibe

itsthevibe Verified insider - Allison Baden-Clay case

I can only say that I feel the Judge is being very thorough in considering what is being said. Judge is considering every detail of what is being said by defence to ensure that jury will be given a chance to make up their own minds. Judge is being very diligent. I won't say more, we should be careful as MarlyWings said about discussing further. Be patient. We are Websleuths and we respect the court.

10. silverau

silverau Well-Known Member

Got a question: Was it closed court on Fridays for Jury and prosc and defence like they did IIRC for Cowan? Because of details of a sensitive nature? If so maybe the financials and business partners was included in that? Anyone clarify? Thanks x

11. PrimeSuspect

12. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Yes I think so too. They've not gone anywhere near where I thought they'd go but with just that alone it may very well be enough to convict this guy.

Thinking back on Max Sica there was very little if anything to show that he murdered the three Singh siblings.

He was found guilty.

13. UnfoldingTruth

UnfoldingTruth New Member

Yes, except that says. Gerards phone was plugged in at that time. It doesn't say he plugged it in does it? So according to defence maybe Allison could have plugged it in for him- just as he supposedly plugged in her hair rollers.

14. Forensics

Forensics Member

Closing statements will be done on both sides but only after all the witnesses have given evidence and both sides close their case. Closing statements always tie everything together.

15. squizzey1

squizzey1 Verified insider - Allison Baden-Clay case

don't sweat omg soooooooooooooo hope you are right

16. louisepiglet

louisepiglet Well-Known Member

I don't know what is happening but am wondering if GBCs counsel have advised him to take a plea. They might be afraid that the jury might be swayed by all the evidence showing what an immoral nasty man he is. I know the jury should ignore this but it would be very hard.

17. Total

Total New Member

This!!

18. PrimeSuspect

Yes, each Friday.

19. Groundedgirl

Groundedgirl New Member

Don't care about the charge as long as he goes away. I would however like to find,out exactly,what happened that night.

20. JAM13

JAM13 New Member

Thanks a heap for the insight itsthevibe. :seeya:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.