The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Emails to T.M committing to leaving ABC by July 1.
2. Couldn't afford divorce BUT he did want to leave ABC, so he needed another way to do it.
3. Stood to receive $1million dollars if ABC died, so he could pay off his $1million debt.
4. Debts were long overdue, some were also about to be due.
5. Didn't want to be with ABC anymore and her depression in a sense 'annoyed him'.

These are all motives.

7. Fingernail scratches on his face that he lied about being razor cuts.
8. From journal entries and the affair with T.M, he clearly didn't respect Allison as a wife or a human being.
9. Numerous lies to cover up the affair.
10. Leaves in Allison's hair from the carport/backyard, which indicates she was dragged from the patio to the car.
11. Blood+hair in the car.
12. Phone connected to charger at 1am in the morning.

This is all evidence that shows he is lying about the night of the 19th to cover SOMETHING up. What is that something? That something is the fact that he killed her. Some part of his family would easily have been involved in this and I wish one of them would be arrested as well.

Yes it was premeditated and it SHOULD be enough to convict him.

Thanks for all the twitter posts. You've all done a great job! x

I'm gobsmacked. I think we could have put together a better prosecution argument!

I only posted this a few pages back. Trial has run three weeks tomorrow. With the way it's gone today we may see the jury go out to consider their verdict tomorrow. Anyone's guess at this stage though.

11 Jun 2014

The trial is expected to run for three to four weeks.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-10/baden-clay-murder-trial-day-one/5511298

Thanks. I had thought we were expecting another week as I was thinking it was to take 4 weeks. so 3-4weeks..maybe not cut short, like I was thinking it seemed.

I can only say that I feel the Judge is being very thorough in considering what is being said. Judge is considering every detail of what is being said by defence to ensure that jury will be given a chance to make up their own minds. Judge is being very diligent. I won't say more, we should be careful as MarlyWings said about discussing further. Be patient. We are Websleuths and we respect the court.

I've been lurking and haven't had a lot of time in the last year to keep tabs on what is happening, but to those of you who have maintained the momentum, HUGE kudos to you all. I echo the poster who was impressed by how well you have all "looked after" Allison.

I'm SOOOOO GLAD you are there Itsthevibe! wise words of advice from you too, because none of us wants to see ANY excuse for him GBC to get out of paying his dues.

True.....but can the prosecution really believe this is a strong enough case to get him for premeditated murder?

Enquiring about insurance policies and wanted to leave his wife and committed to doing it by July 1.

I believe so.

I wonder if Gerard will do a Jodi Arias and get up on the stand and claim self defence?

:facepalm:

He's going to plead guilty to manslaughter (or whatever the correct legal term is) IMO. Just my opinion.

I remember us all talking early on after his arrest whether he might do this. Alioop where are you? We need yr legal brain! 😊

it is not unusual for the Defence to bring this matter to the courts attention at this point in a trial. This is not an exception. it is a tactic..

it is a matter to be decided if .. IF the trial for murder should progress.. the defence will say. well. there isn't enough to claim its murder.. the prosecution will say, there is..

Wow...I didn't see this ending so soon. Just catching up on the days events but I find it hard to accept that he would plead guilty to the lesser charge of manslaughter given the financial situation he was in and what he had to benefit from her passing.. It all seemed way too convenient and premeditated. Either way I can't see the prosecution or the jury buying any of it, I certainly am not!

Now that is just slack reporting. First, Maxolon is not an antibiotic - it's an anti-nausea medication.

<respectfully snipped>

But the mystery remains as to why the app put the blue dot in the garden of 61 Boscombe Rd (and that would have been pretty accurate) but nothing was found even with a fingertip search.

I wonder how long it was between Kellie Thomson finding that blue dot on GBC's phone, and the start of the search? Plenty of time for GBC or somebody he contacted to go find the phone and get rid of the bloody thing?

I had similar thoughts Doc.

Defence in my opinion doesn't sound very confident in what they are putting forward, very nervous and unsure. Im finding this pivotal this whole legal discussion taking place. I feel unexpectedly sick and nervous.

:seeya:
I don't know what is going on.. I have a theory.. nothing more, and based on bugger all..

that Gerard is trying to cop a deal. a plea..

now.. wishful thinking on my part ?? about 50% of it is.. 50% of it is based on the circumstances now arising..

the thing is.. before the defence puts any witness on the stand, IF Gerard is to testify ,he has to go first.. so the decision has to be made now if he is going to do that.. He cannot go AFTER any of the defence witnesses...

He should give evidence in his defence. If one is to shoot oneself in the foot, one must first take aim. :praying:

The hairdresser testified around second or third day of trial.

Good grief, I don't even remember it. I was just reading the online news at that point and didn't even know WS existed. Well, I guess they didn't ask her that question about the colour then. Disappointing. :sigh:

2:52pm: The agreed facts also include:

* That Allison Baden-Clay contacted an insurance broker on April 17, 2012, to reduce the sum ensure and the premium with respect to life insurance policies for herself and her husband.

* That on May 1, 2012, Mr Baden-Clay contacted Asteron Life Insurance to determine how a claim should be made on his wife's life insurance policy.

2:43pm: Crown prosecutor Todd Fuller QC is now reading a list of the agreed facts in the case to the jury.

Among the agreed facts is that Mr Baden-Clay's mobile telephone was connected to a charging device at 1.48am on April 20, 2012.

Mr Baden-Clay's mobile phone was removed from the charger at 6.18am the following day.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-10-week-3-20140625-3aqx5.html#ixzz35csigHAX

:seeya:

He should give evidence in his defence. If one is to shoot oneself in the foot, one must first take aim. :praying:

he isn't obliged to.. no one is , actually. he is quite within his rights to not give evidence..

Defence in my opinion doesn't sound very confident in what they are putting forward, very nervous and unsure. Im finding this pivotal this whole legal discussion taking place. I feel unexpectedly sick and nervous.
it cannot be thrown out surely.....not with all those agreed facts??

Sent using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member