The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh he isn't going to walk free.. he is ipso facto guilty of interfering with a corpse... 15 years ... that's on top of everything else.. he wont be staggering out into the fresh QLD air until 2040.

:loveyou:

Thank you - I must say after last nights dream I have been feeling uneasy all day. Then next minute, case closed! Is it too early for a G & T because I'm shaking right now.

No, not too early.
I don't drink very often but I've just poured a rum and coke ! Lol

I don't know what is going on.. I have a theory.. nothing more, and based on bugger all..

that Gerard is trying to cop a deal. a plea..

now.. wishful thinking on my part ?? about 50% of it is.. 50% of it is based on the circumstances now arising..

the thing is.. before the defence puts any witness on the stand, IF Gerard is to testify ,he has to go first.. so the decision has to be made now if he is going to do that.. He cannot go AFTER any of the defence witnesses...

Maybe the defence will not call ANY witnesses. After all, who have they got? They have cross examined all the prosecution witnesses they wanted to.

if this is so, this is a major major twist..

Gerard is admitting he killed her..

I have said all along that it is likely that before the trial ends he would plead guilty to manslaughter. That was the case at the murder trial I was a juror for.

All is not lost, prosecution and defence have to sum up and that is where it will all come together. Judge then gives pep talk to jury on what they have to decide and what is allowed or not.

It's never a good look to change your plea when you are backed into a corner.

:jail::jail::jail:

Court adjourned. Résumés at 11 am. Judge made decision. Did not accept defence submission of no murder case to answer. I won't go into details of arguments, but interesting. Judge very fair in considerations.

Ohh nooo!!...then I'll have a bunch of drunks to deal with :scared:

yup count me in - off to buy potatos and you guessed something stiff to drink! Maybe that Brandy that Breaking has been trying to get me to imbibe all day!

I am so going to move heaven and earth to get to that court tomorrow !

Thanks itsavibe for the updates and sketchy details.

I can only say that I feel the Judge is being very thorough in considering what is being said. Judge is considering every detail of what is being said by defence to ensure that jury will be given a chance to make up their own minds. Judge is being very diligent. I won't say more, we should be careful as MarlyWings said about discussing further. Be patient. We are Websleuths and we respect the court.

Therefore, if the judge is ensuring that the jury have the opportunity to make up own minds, then the matter will still go to the jury and there will not be a guilty plea to anything. Reasonable deduction?

The final admission was that Allison last had a script for anti-depressant medication on March 13, 2012.

t was also revealed Allison and Gerard Baden-Clay made no payments on their Westpac credit card between January 24 and May 30, 2012.

The minimum payment was $2406.

http://www.gympietimes.com.au/news/baden-clay-wanted-hush-hush-over-marital-woes/2299880/

And this was the only time he had to look in the mirror at himself. HE was not to blame for who he saw in front of him was he! NO once again he had to put the blame on someone else! He had to get rid of that person who put him in this position! What an absolute piece of work he is. A disgusting piece of work.

Keep the faith brothers and sisters. If he says he did it, then this is the admission that we have all had our fingers crossed for. It won't matter how or why etc just that HE DID IT. Then he will be punished. Alison's name will be cleared. "Justice" is subjective so whether his penalty is 5, 10, 15, 20 years it won't really make a difference - he will never be free - inside or out of jail. His punishment will be that we all know what he did and that will remain with him till the day he dies. Don't quite know what I'm trying to say.....but just that we can't get satisfaction out of baying for blood....but that the truth is revealed that for me is the most important resolution. IMO

Court adjourned. Résumés at 11 am. Judge made decision. Did not accept defence submission of no murder case to answer. I won't go into details of arguments, but interesting. Judge very fair in considerations.

alrighty... the submission was, that there was no murder committed , ( that Alison killed herself )....

it was not , as I had hoped and guessed that Gerard was copping a plea to a lesser charge.. ...

the Judge has decided that he wont accept that submission. the trial goes on. ..

now its the big one. will Gerard take the stand?? he has to go before all other defence witnesses.

Keep the faith brothers and sisters. If he says he did it, then this is the admission that we have all had our fingers crossed for. It won't matter how or why etc just that HE DID IT. Then he will be punished. Alison's name will be cleared. "Justice" is subjective so whether his penalty is 5, 10, 15, 20 years it won't really make a difference - he will never be free - inside or out of jail. His punishment will be that we all know what he did and that will remain with him till the day he dies. Don't quite know what I'm trying to say.....but just that we can't get satisfaction out of baying for blood....but that the truth is revealed that for me is the most important resolution. IMO

So true. If convicted, Allison's children will forever know that their mother was taken from them by their father, regardless of how many years he is in a jail cell.

I can't believe this, I think we more evidence than what was presented. All they have as evidence is the scratches on GBC face, which could be from anyone and the leaf material from around their house, again could be anyone. There is no theory or timeframe, no scenario, I really thought they had him for an hour or so today. So if it isn't GBC who was it? If he intended to plead guilty to manslaughter, would that not have come up earlier?

We will never know what they were looking for at the roundabout. It is no wonder they didn't arrest him quickly, they had nothing to arrest him on, only stupidity.

Not happy Jan!!!

Marly we might be fun drunks not violent ;)

So if he has this afternoon basically admitted that he did kill her what if the jury find him not guilty ? What happens then ?
They won't have known what went on this afternoon and his admission of sorts.

Let me get this straight. They were trying to get this thrown out? Is this normal?

I thought it was trying to strike up a plea deal?!? Is that incorrect??

Help!!!

well. that must have caused Olivia to lose the control of her bladder..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie