The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smegal

Smegal Member

Snails, I believe you too! I had a nightmare during the first week that the judge decided there wasn't enough evidence and threw the case out. And the media/public didn't care, only WebSleuthers were outraged!

2. KG1

KG1 Registered user

Desperate try by defence - earning their fees - didn't come to fruition. Murder was the charge and murder it will remain - too many unexplained happenings during the night of 19/20 April 2012. And GBC's 'alibi' of sleeping heavily all night was blown away by the charger connection in the wee hours at the very least. Only he could have connected that charger. Then we have plant matter in hair, nail scratches, bruises on chest, blood and hair in vehicle, disappeared phone, dogs barking, screams heard, thuds heard, early 'missing' report, diary entries and other agreed facts.

No, murder it is and murder it should remain. MOO

3. HoolyDooly

HoolyDooly Member

Oh I am so glad you asked that, :blushing: To refresh page F5

Cheers

4. Trooper

Trooper On Time Out

Mr and Mrs Dickie would have been quite aware of the process today.. I am sure the QPS keep them up to speed and today would have been no surprise to them at all. It is truly , as I see it, a very good day for them, as the judge has categorically discarded the theory that Alison was responsible for her own death.. by rejecting the submission that no murder was committed, the judge has underlined the point that someone murdered Alison, and left her body at the Kholo creek, and it wasn't Alison that did that.. ie. a murder was committed. .

5. KG1

KG1 Registered user

Maxwell not so Smart :facepalm::facepalm:

6. Cattail

Cattail New Member

From memory the defence got her to admit that it was possible there was no second person contributing DNA here.

So any match could not have been strong enough to use for convicting someone.

7. wewillgetyou

wewillgetyou Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone re refreshing - I do that now but thought there was some special way I was missing out on lol

8. UnfoldingTruth

UnfoldingTruth New Member

Yep. They obviously have reason for that charge for sure, but thus far nothing said in court about it really- Or is that still to come even though the prosecution has rested?

9. Smegal

Smegal Member

My thoughts on today's events. I'm feeling a bit sick at the Crown closing their class so 'early'. I too was expecting something more. I am surprised that more attention wasn't given to Allison's blonde hair, I really thought there would've been some way of establishing that it had to have been there after Allison's hair appointment on the 19th.

After reading some reassuring posts here I am feel more positive. The blood evidence is strong and the defence really didn't have much to say about it (or did I miss that?).

I caught the news at 5 on Channel 10 and the way they succinctly explained the day's evidence, in my opinion, made things look grim for GBC.

I don't comment much because I have trouble getting my words out but I appreciate everyone's thoughts and really appreciate those who tweet the updates. Big hugs to you all and prayers and thoughts for the Dickies and the girls.

10. BreakingNews

BreakingNews Well-Known Member

And I liked the emphasis Channel 10 put on the voice reading from Allison's diary.

11. UnfoldingTruth

:floorlaugh: me too.. I was secretly having self doubt about my own use of the f5 or refresh icon.. wondered if there was a magical button on WS I was missing. :D:blushing:

12. HoolyDooly

HoolyDooly Member

Oh I am so glad I am not the only one who did not know how to 'refresh':blushing: as I am a Newbie - green as -
    HI everyone :seeya:

13. PrimeSuspect

PrimeSuspect Under the Milky Way

Thank you Trooper for having confidence in the judicial system and explaining the process so well. :) The QPS in this instance, did cross every t and dot every i as one policeman said.

We hear of so many cases where police wherever, have cocked up, contaminating a scene, not asking the important questions straight up, coming to the wrong conclusions ( Arnold and Leahy case for example) etc. etc.

Have faith websleuthers. :)

:twocents:

14. UnfoldingTruth

Welcome.:seeya:

Lol, about the refresh, we were all new once and had to learn. Its all good. I know the usual f5 or refresh, but thought I had missed something too in all this time on here. Glad to know I hadn't.:D

15. Karo

Karo Active Member

We want no stone unturned, no reason to allow an appeal.

16. JAM13

JAM13 New Member

This is to the people saying that there may be some new evidence come out over the next few days, I believe this isn't possible.

I was talking to a friend who has been in the industry for 10+ years the other day and they said that all of the evidence that the QPS/Prosecution are using MUST be stated and be made aware before the trial starts.

He told me if it's this far into the trial now, there won't be any new/damning evidence to come out that we don't know about.

This could be wrong but he has been working in the courts for quite a while now and sounded quite sure about it.

17. HoolyDooly

HoolyDooly Member

Thanks Trooper for your explanation of the Defences' strategy, I feel much relieved.
    Sincerely appreciate your valuable input .... I am a very new member but I have been following WS since we lost Allison.

18. wewillgetyou

wewillgetyou Well-Known Member

Prime suspect - there is soooo much more to that Leahy case that hasn't been in the media. For personal reasons I don't want to become a verified insider but rest assured there is more to it than meets the eye.

19. squizzey1

squizzey1 Verified insider - Allison Baden-Clay case

see I cant even spell

comment as much as you like we all mumble sometimes even marly [ only joking ] she's brilliant but have your say that's what this site is all about the more the merrier :loveyou: c I cant even spell

20. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

It's all presented between prosecutor & defence but not all of it is reported by media to general public.

Cowan's case is a classic example of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.