The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 48s
Agreed that the Baden-Clays purchased Captiva 23 Feb 2012, took possession two days later #badenclay

This doesn't make sense;

"And then I was a bit surprised that [our middle daughter] wasn't up, because our middle daughter is always up with the sparrows and I went through and she was awake in her room, but not up ...

"Then I started shaving ... and I was running through to [our middle daughter] ... and I cut myself which is what everyone is so concerned about. Then I asked [our middle daughter] to help me put a bandaid on it."

"Actually, [our middle daughter] wasn't even awake at that point. Sorry ... [our middle daughter] wasn't even awake at that point. Then I was rushing because I knew I had to get them all up for school.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ve-coverage-day-10-week-3-20140625-3aqx5.html

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 40s

It's agreed that Gerard drew the floor plan of Toni's home in Allison's journal. #badenclay

It's agreed that Gerard's mobile phone was plugged into its charger at 1.48am on April 20. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 43s

The email messages between Toni McHugh and Gerard's "Bruce Overland" account have been admitted. #badenclay

What?!?!? That's ALL???

Holy smoke - that really isn't much of a case for the prosecution, is it? All they've managed to show - and give the defence several free kicks - is that Allison was most likely murdered rather than suicided, that GBC was an unfaithful lying rat, and that plant material from the BC house was found in her hair.

Where is the evidence that even SUGGESTS that it was GBC who did the deed? Where is the evidence that might incriminate him?

Is that all they've got? Really?

Good grief - I would imagine the defence would be smiling now.

Alioop - are you reading this thread? Any thoughts on the prosecution's "case"?

I'm waiting to hear if the Defence agrees about blood and hair found in car? They never offered another reason why it was there? jmo

Is it known whether the hairdresser will be one of the remaining witnesses?

It occurs to me that they don't really need any scientific evidence for the hair; all they need is for the hairdresser to say yes, that's the colour I coloured it on the 19th; before that it was a different colour.

Surely that would establish that the blood in her car arrived there that evening.

Yes, as others have just posted (thanks!), the hairdresser has already testified. Some science would help correlate the hairdresser's testimony - particularly as it could be pivotal evidence. There was much more detail about the treatment history given in the hairdresser's official statement. I'm assuming the jury has access to all those docs?

During her testimony I don't recall mention of the treatment history - it seemed focussed on the timeline and Allison's demeanour. It's possible that the foils part was mentioned in court, and it wasn't tweeted as the journos don't realise the significance.

Questioning by the prosecution could have underlined the significance for them though. Which makes me worry it didn't happen. Arrrghh!

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Accepted that Gerard's phone was connected to a charger at 1.48am on 20 April - prosecutor #badenclay

Agreed that police recovered four emails from Toni McHugh to Gerard's Bruce Overland account #badenclay

Agreed that Allison contacted an insurance broker 17 April to reduce her life insurance premium and Gerard's #badenclay

10:24am: In their conversation Sergeant Matthews asked Mr Baden-Clay about the last time he saw his wife.

Mr Baden-Clay repeated what he had told officers previously, saying he went to bed about 10pm and left his wife on the couch watching The Footy Show. He said he woke to find his wife missing, but noted that was not unusual, because Mrs Baden-Clay often went for early morning walks.

"I got up and started doing my reasonable routine, you know, shower and shave," Mr Baden-Clay said.

"And I checked my emails on the toilet, ummm ....

"And then I was a bit surprised that [our middle daughter] wasn't up, because our middle daughter is always up with the sparrows and I went through and she was awake in her room, but not up ...

"Then I started shaving ... and I was running through to Sarah ... and I cut myself which is what everyone is so concerned about. Then I asked [our middle daughter] to help me put a bandaid on it."

Mr Baden-Clay told the officer he started to become worried about his wife's location about 6.30pm.

"I put her hot rollers on for her, because it takes her a good 25 minutes to get ready ... and then I texted her, " he said.

"Actually, Sarah wasn't even awake at that point. Sorry ... Sarah wasn't even awake at that point. Then I was rushing because I knew I had to get them all up for school."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-10-week-3-20140625-3aqx5.html#ixzz35bedQou9

I seem to remember that he sent a text to Allison that fateful morning saying he was making the lunches ...

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 9s

It's admitted that Gerard contacted insurance company on May 1 to determine how he could make a claim over his wife's death. #badenclay

Prosecutor Todd Fuller finishes the list. "Thankyou your honour, that is the Crown case." #badenclay

12.40pm: The 70th witness in the trial is Detective Sen-Constable Cameron McLeod, who is currently assigned to Taskforce Maxima.

He said he was the officer who arrested Gerard Baden-Clay.

Sen-Constable McLeod said it was 13km between the Baden-Clay family home to the place where Allison Baden-Clay’s body was found under the Kholo Creek Bridge.

He said it would take between 13 and 20 minutes to drive between the two places, depending on the traffic.

Sen-Constable McLeod said he was present at an interview with the accused when he told police he cut himself shaving.

He said he requested Baden-Clay’s razor on April 21, 2012.

Sen-Constable McLeod said Baden-Clay gave the razor to police and it was wrapped in Glad Wrap.

He said medication was found in the house, including Maxolon, Amoxycillin (both antibiotics) and three asthma puffers.

Sen-Constable McLeod said Ms Baden-Clay’s phone was never found.

He said her phone was triangulated between three cell towers to within a 4km radius.

He said the location of the phone triangulation pinpointed an address on Boscombe Rd.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226965646588

Actually Maxolon is not an antibiotic, rather an anti-emetic, used to relieve nausea and vomiting.

2:43pm: Crown prosecutor Todd Fuller QC is now reading a list of the agreed facts in the case to the jury.

Among the agreed facts is that Mr Baden-Clay's mobile telephone was connected to a charging device at 1.48am on April 20, 2012.

Mr Baden-Clay's mobile phone was removed from the charger at 6.18am the following day.

2:40pm: The prosecution has called its last witness, effectively closing the Crown case.

2:39pm: Sergeant Canniffe said Mr Baden-Clay made no objection to police establishing a crime scene at his Brookfield home.

The police officer has been excused.

He was the last prosecution witness.

2:37pm: Court has resumed.

Detective Sergeant Christopher Canniffe has been called to the stand.

He told the court he spoke with Mr Baden-Clay on the morning he reported his wife missing.

Sergeant Canniffe recalled Mr Baden-Clay saying: "I just want to find my wife."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-10-week-3-20140625-3aqx5.html#ixzz35chHLPVV

It all seems a bit anti-climatic or something? Over already? I thought there would be more 'damning' evidence!

Yes I see that point

I am just saddened as when she wrote this she wouldn't have wanted it made public.

I don't think it was necessary for the media to publish the diary contents, surely the jury could have been shown it privately in a closed court.
I'd be horrified if I thought the public could read my innermost thoughts and feelings, even though my husband killed me.

I feel sick. :(

That can't be it! There's so much they haven't gone through? What about the life insurance? Business partners?

Omg this is ridiculous!

Jury asked to leave the court for now #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads