The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 4m

Agreed that Allison contacted an insurance broker 17 April to reduce her life insurance premium and Gerard's #badenclay

I am really surprised. There was no smoking gun! There was no linking the stuff together.

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 46s

The Jury in #badenclay murder trial will return to court tomorrow morning. @abcnews

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 5m

The crown has now wrapped its case against Gerard #badenclay Waiting to hear if/how many defence witnesses. @7NewsBrisbane

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Jury asked to leave the court for now #badenclay

The evidence presented at the preliminary hearings or whatever they were called was so much stronger, including the dire financial situation. This wasn't really emphasised here. I also thought the insurance company person that took the call would give evidence, I'm sure a call like that stayed in their memory.

FAR OUT this is really really scary!

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 14s

The jury has been sent home for the remainder of the day. We'll bring you more from the trial tomorrow. #badenclay

And the whole story around expediting death certificate and fast payment of the insurance $. Where was that?

Do the defence now call witnesses?

I feel sick. :(

That can't be it! There's so much they haven't gone through? What about the life insurance? Business partners?

Omg this is ridiculous!

has got to get you wondering ,wonder if prosecution is hoping to get good stuff from cross examining defence witnesses and what about the ROUNDABOUT

2.35pm: The 71st witness in the trial is Indooroopilly CIB Detective Sgt Christopher Canniffe.

He said he played a role in the investigation concerning the disappearance into the death of Allison Baden-Clay.

In cross-examination by barrister Michael Byrne QC, for Baden-Clay, he agreed he had a number of conversations with the accused on April 20, 2012 that were not recorded.

Mr Byrne read through Sgt Canniffe’s statement which recorded his conversation with Baden-Clay on that day.

He agreed Baden-Clay told him it was okay for police to search his home more thoroughly, even look through drawers.

He agreed the accused told him he was happy for them to “do what was necessary”.

Sgt Canniffe said he told Baden-Clay he wanted to take possession of the house at least overnight, possibly longer.

He agreed the accused told him that would be okay.

“You can do anything you want I just want to find my wife,” he agreed Baden-Clay told him

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226965646588

He'll walk. No jury would convict on that evidence presented.

I feel sick.

I thought the prosecution would have at least rehashed their case to the jury. Does this only happen in the movies ?

Alioop where are you ? We need you :please:

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 8m

The crown has now wrapped its case against Gerard #badenclay Waiting to hear if/how many defence witnesses. @7NewsBrisbane

Not sure which side this comes from as I haven't been here all day, but I think it's the defence, saying there is no case for murder, only unlawful killing. Judge discussing. Not supposed to report more, whether accredited media or not.

2.45pm: The Crown has closed its case against Gerard Baden-Clay.

Baden-Clay has pleaded not guilty in the Supreme Court in Brisbane to murdering his wife Allison on April 19, 2012.

The Prosecutor tendered a number of admissions to the court, including a text message from the accused to his wife at 6.41am on April 20, 2012.

“Al, getting concerned. Where are you? The app doesn’t say either? H and S now up. I’m dressed and about to make lunches. Please just text me back or call! Love, G.”

He also tendered a copy of assets and liabilities belonging to the Baden-Clays that totalled $74,663.

The jury saw a number admissions made by the defendant in relation to the trial, relating to generally uncontested facts, such as the timing of phone calls, the sending of emails between Bruce Overland and Toni McHugh, the purchase of cars and interviews conducted by police.

It also contained an admission that a diagram showing a unit plan that was drawn in the journal of Allison Baden-Clay was done by the hand of the accused.

It included an admission the couple had not paid any amounts owing on a Westpac credit card between January 24 and May 30, 2012.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226965646588

And the whole story around expediting death certificate and fast payment of the insurance $. Where was that?

Do the defence now call witnesses?

The defence may have had certain things excluded.

What happened to the forensic accountant?? Did I miss her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151