The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Complete bombshell happening re judges comments on legal arguments with defence. Nothing new, but interesting to hear views of judge on it. Can't believe what is being said. I won't say as yet, because judge asked not to report.

Folks please be very careful with any court reports from here on today.

I feel sick. :(

That can't be it! There's so much they haven't gone through? What about the life insurance? Business partners?

Omg this is ridiculous!

The business partners who knew all the BC's condoned the affair.
The witnessed TM & G arm in arm at functions. Aghhhh NO!

:what: huh?? thats a new one to me. I'm partial to a bit of purple myself..lol

Purple is also the colour of Royalty.. Maybe thats what she is aspiring to..

I'm wearing a purple sweater right now! Lol. It's about as good a diagnosis as being depressed because of the colours in the wardrobe.

I am completely and totally confused. What would be the term for manslaughter, and what would happen to the proceeds of Allison's estate were he to admit to manslaughter?

Complete bombshell happening re judges comments on legal arguments with defence. Nothing new, but interesting to hear views of judge on it. Can't believe what is being said. I won't say as yet, because judge asked not to report.

Good or bad?

From back at the bail hearing..

June 23, 2012

The documents say that on April 18, two days before he would place a Triple 0 call to report his wife missing, Baden-Clay picked up his iPhone, logged onto the internet and searched the term "taking the Fifth".

The search yielded a raft of results, but Baden-Clay allegedly clicked on the "self-incrimination" Wikipedia link.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...d-in-court-claim/story-e6freoof-1226405967381

You're a gem marlywings - thankyou!

hang in there, peoples... .. calm. calm..

* knees quivering , here.

I'm the duddiest law reader there is but here is what I found on FINDLAW Aus
makes about as much sense as koppers logs to me

Pragmatically, one distinguishes between lawful and unlawful homicide by determining whether the accused has committed any of the crimes discussed in this chapter or the next. If such a crime has been committed, and there is no defence such as self-defence, then the homicide is unlawful

The defence agreed GBC plugged his phone into charger at 1.48 am on 20/4. He can't seem to account for that either.
I really think they've got him. jmo :jail:

The leaves and the blood are the two key pieces of evidence IMO that point directly at GBC's guilt. All the defence team need to do is to present an explanation for each, to raise enough doubt in the jurors mind, to water down their significance.

Not feeling as confident about this as I was earlier.

Exactly. The death most likely occurred at the house, blood was in the back of the car with a blonde hair, and no car was ever reported stolen by GBC. Most reasonable explanation is that he did it. Can't think of any other explanation...still very concerned he may face a much lesser charge :dunno:

Not sure which side this comes from as I haven't been here all day, but I think it's the defence, saying there is no case for murder, only unlawful killing. Judge discussing. Not supposed to report more, whether accredited media or not.

Wow.......

*sigh*

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 40s

It's agreed that Gerard drew the floor plan of Toni's home in Allison's journal. #badenclay

It's agreed that Gerard's mobile phone was plugged into its charger at 1.48am on April 20.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 43s

The email messages between Toni McHugh and Gerard's "Bruce Overland" account have been admitted. #badenclay

BBM This is significant. It contradicts him sleeping through the night. It also means he should have known if Allison was in bed or not. This is accepted by the defence also.

Oh gosh, just caught up. I wonder if Canada Brother talked some sense into the lot of them?

3:07pm Wrap: Today ...

* The prosecution called its final witness and closed the Crown case.

* The court heard from the last prosecution witness Sergeant Christopher Canniffee from the Indoorpoopilly Criminal Investigation Branch. He recalled Mr Baden-Clay telling him "I just want to find my wife".

* Earlier, the court heard that Mr Baden-Clay told police his wife was not suicidal in the days after her disappearance. Mr Baden-Clay told police searching for his wife that she was "predominately happy".

* The court also saw the pages of Allison Baden-Clay's journal where she made notes about Gerard Baden-Clay's affair with his former employee Toni McHugh.

In the final pages of her journal Mrs Baden-Clay wrote: "Dirty, find the whole thing dirty ... Still get sick in stomach."

* The court also heard from Amanda Reeves, a senior forensic officer with Queensland Health, who matched the blood stain found in the Baden-Clays' Holden Captiva with Mrs Baden-Clay's DNA.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-10-week-3-20140625-3aqx5.html#ixzz35cn7oj4V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth