The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The final admission was that Allison last had a script for anti-depressant medication on March 13, 2012.

t was also revealed Allison and Gerard Baden-Clay made no payments on their Westpac credit card between January 24 and May 30, 2012.

The minimum payment was $2406.

http://www.gympietimes.com.au/news/baden-clay-wanted-hush-hush-over-marital-woes/2299880/

And this was the only time he had to look in the mirror at himself. HE was not to blame for who he saw in front of him was he! NO once again he had to put the blame on someone else! He had to get rid of that person who put him in this position! What an absolute piece of work he is. A disgusting piece of work.

He had exhausted every avenue that he could to get money so he could continue to play his game. But GBC.... YOUR game was over but that was NEVER Allison's game!

Thank you - I must say after last nights dream I have been feeling uneasy all day. Then next minute, case closed! Is it too early for a G & T because I'm shaking right now.
I think we've earned a G&T! I have those freaky premonition dreams too :/

I am on my 2nd rum marly and having another after that :loveyou:

Thanks for letting me know squizzey...lol. I'll keep this close...

ray_gun2.jpg

a lot of investment was made by witnesses.. Nige, Olivia, Cheeseman, Cranna and Christ, even Toni , as to the state of Alisons psyche.. most of it relayed to them by Gerard..

Obviously, the judge has said, no dice.. he has , in reality, knocked the suicide interpretation right on its head.

I wonder if Gerard will do a Jodi Arias and get up on the stand and claim self defence?

:facepalm:

How could he? He was a very sound sleeper and in bed all night - his words.
Last saw Allison on couch watching Footy Show at 10.00pm - his words.

After subscribing to WS two years ago and spending hours and hours readings these posts, I have only just found out how to refresh the page! Duh!

Let me get this straight. They were trying to get this thrown out? Is this normal?

I thought it was trying to strike up a plea deal?!? Is that incorrect??

Help!!!

I thought so too, but I was in error.. unlawful killing probably was mentioned, but the main thrust of the defence was, that no murder had been committed at all. ( that is, the defence say, that Alison committed suicide) ..

but the judge says, nope.. a murder WAS committed, and the trial goes on.

I can't believe this, I think we more evidence than what was presented. All they have as evidence is the scratches on GBC face, which could be from anyone and the leaf material from around their house, again could be anyone. There is no theory or timeframe, no scenario, I really thought they had him for an hour or so today. So if it isn't GBC who was it? If he intended to plead guilty to manslaughter, would that not have come up earlier?

We will never know what they were looking for at the roundabout. It is no wonder they didn't arrest him quickly, they had nothing to arrest him on, only stupidity.

Not happy Jan!!!
No they had to be very thorough....and careful.

Do not forget.....QPS has a very good track record of Criminal Investigation.

Sent using Tapatalk

Is the defence bluffing here?? Like they did in committal!? No case to answer - just giving it a go? OR are they that confident that they think they've proven their case? I realise the judge has rejected that but it's not up to him is it? Just trying to understand the strategy here? Anyone want to weigh in?

What's the demeanor of both sides? God what I'd give to be a fly on the wall!

I have no idea what to think.

a good defence team will outlay this premise to a judge when the prosecution rests.. its , for want of a better word, good practice..

it is a legal tactic and there is a lot to recommend about it..

it rarely succeeds, but it is par for the course..

trial continues.. charge is murder, and interfering with a corpse.. defendant pleads not guilty to both charges..

After subscribing to WS two years ago and spending hours and hours readings these posts, I have only just found out how to refresh the page! Duh!

:floorlaugh: you mean there's a special button?:floorlaugh: I just hit the f5 or little refresh button on my browser.. I am assuming thats what you found, or am I the last one to find the special button?:blushing:

Promise I have not touched a drop yet!

Ohh nooo!!...then I'll have a bunch of drunks to deal with :scared:

Haha. I don't drink alcohol, so safe with me..........but have just taken some pain killers for a headache :blushing:

Does it mean that he is admitting killing her or does it mean there is no evidence for anyone murdering her.
I am not a lawyer but surely the prosecution could have presented a better case/more evidence.

Totally agree Lou. Appears to be a poor job by the prosecution I am very disappointed to say. They cannot let the Dickies and Allison down like this, surely.

No they had to be very thorough....and careful.

Do not forget.....QPS has a very good track record of Criminal Investigation.

Sent using Tapatalk

This is true. I think we might all need to take a deep breath and try to have faith and someone to pass around the stiff drinks for those who are feeling a bit nervy.:D

I thought so too, but I was in error.. unlawful killing probably was mentioned, but the main thrust of the defence was, that no murder had been committed at all. ( that is, the defence say, that Alison committed suicide) ..

but the judge says, nope.. a murder WAS committed, and the trial goes on.

Thanks for stepping us through this Trooper, much appreciated :loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member