The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they actually did show that the "good wife" episode did have that phrase in it on that night, so I don't believe that is actually relevant....

Oh yes, I don't dispute that the "Fifth Amendment" episode was shown at that time, but I don't believe that he looked it up for his mother. I think far more likely he was watching the show and thought hey, that could come in handy, I need to know more about this ... and then "mother wanted to know" became the excuse. Always very handy with an excuse, is Mr GBC.

11:59am: Senior Constable McLeod was among the three detectives from the Criminal Investigation Branch at Indooroopilly police station, to interview Mr Baden-Clay on the morning his reported his wife missing on April 20, 2012.

The following day, Senior Constable McLeod asked Mr Baden-Clay for the razor with which he claimed to have cut himself shaving.

He said he drove Mr Baden-Clay from his parent's house at Kenmore to his Brookfield home.

"He went inside and came out and handed me the razor. It was wrapped in Glad Wrap," Senior Constable McLeod said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-10-week-3-20140625-3aqx5.html#ixzz35eHA05Fr

Thanks Amee!! That's right, for some reason I had it stuck in mind it was the day police raided the parents house later that next week.

Heard nothing more either about police searching the parents shed. Although I do think police may have had a lot of calls/tip offs about various things & they had to check them out to make sure.

I'm not allowed to say incriminating type stuff here ... But ...
But the band-aid stuff to which you refer:
Sort of ...... gave me the Sookey Nana type creeps ....
Geeze Did this high flyer fancy pants bloke need an innocent baby child to fix his itsy bitsy superficial facial bleeding fingernail gouge or razor marks?

yeah and where is the bandaid?? didn't have it on when eagle eye Constable Ash rocked up not 60 minutes later..

Seriously asking your 8 yo to help you put a band aid on your 'razor cut' is beyond the pale.

Sickening for that child to grow up knowing she applied first aid to the gouges left in her father's face by her mum, as he killed her :*(

yeah and where is the bandaid?? didn't have it on when eagle eye Constable Ash rocked up not 60 minutes later..

He had shaved over the scratches so well that there was no traction for the bandaid to glue to probably. I have had that happen with my legs.

Had G followed Norman Gunston's lead he probably would have got sympathy rather than suspicion lol

Oh yes, I don't dispute that the "Fifth Amendment" episode was shown at that time, but I don't believe that he looked it up for his mother. I think far more likely he was watching the show and thought hey, that could come in handy, I need to know more about this ... and then "mother wanted to know" became the excuse. Always very handy with an excuse, is Mr GBC.

That's true, definitely possible. I can see why it couldn't be used in court though, unfortunately.

Thank you, angelala ... I have thought myself arrogant and patronising that I was bewildered that they needed to have that explained to them with the use of google. Glad to hear That I am in good company and my thought was not so unkind after.

Agreed! At the time I asked my 10 year old and he explained it perfectly!

I'm not allowed to say incriminating type stuff here ...
But the band-aid stuff to which you refer:
Sort of ...... gave me the Sookey Nana type creeps ....
Geeze Did this high flyer fancy pants bloke need an innocent baby to fix his itsy bitsy superficial facial bleeding fingernail gouge or razor marks?

It was a lie! It never happened. I think the daughter would have mentioned putting a band-aid on Daddy's face when the police interviewed the girls. She did say that he had a band-aid on his face but she never said that she'd put it there.

I just couldn't listen to that latest recording of GBC. Seriously, what a wank! I just cannot stand the sound of his whingy-whiny, lying, snaky, condescending, <Makarasnip>, <Makarasnip>, voice! :banghead:

Sickening for that child to grow up knowing she applied first aid to the gouges left in her father's face by her mum, as he killed her :*(

Hopefully she won't find out until she is grown up, and by then will be a strong and resilient woman who would make her mother proud.

I'm hoping the Prosecution case is that Alison died/was killed at home and that given her body was found at Kholo Creek and she could not have magically teleported herself there once deceased it must have been GBC and he thereby interfered with her body... Not sure if they need evidence he was there, but given they've closed their case, I'm hoping if the jury accepts she died at home at the hands of GBC then the logical conclusion would be that GBC moved Alison to her final resting place.

Thanks Lotsa, I agree.

It was a lie! It never happened. I think the daughter would have mentioned putting a band-aid on Daddy's face when the police interviewed the girls. She did say that he had a band-aid on his face but she never said that she'd put it there.

I just couldn't listen to that latest recording of GBC. Seriously, what a wank! I just cannot stand the sound of his whingy-whiny, lying, snaky, condescending, <Makarasnip>, <Makarasnip>, voice! :banghead:

well..it is awful to listen to.. Gerard is in full yellowjacket salesman mode.. for me, it was by far the worst yet. And he is totally in love with his story, too.. he 's polished it, he's held it up to the light like the Koh In Noor Ruby, he is loving the sound of his voice telling this perfectly charming story with a bit of pathos at the end of it.. he's so cosy, so .... intimate, so.. man to manish.. .. just a poor upright young (?) bloke ,with a baffling problem...

Yes I agree. How did he not transfer any evidence from Kholo Creek back to home?

Just going back to your post Cattail. I think GBC had years of experience with covering up. His affair with the mistress...all behind Allison's back. That would have taken a huge effort to cover up throughout all those years. I believe some just become experts at it.

Also, & I will check it although I'm fairly certain, in Ivan Milat's case there was nothing which put him as being at Belanglo Forest. That case was also entirely circumstantial even though police did have a lot of evidence.

Thank you, angelala ... I have thought myself arrogant and patronising that I was bewildered that they needed to have that explained to them with the use of google. Glad to hear That I am in good company and my thought was not so unkind after.

Possum, I don't think you could ever be arrogant and patronising - even if you tried.

Can't believe he didn;t say that he fell asleep on the couch and woke around 1am when he went to bed he put the phone on the charger and at that stage ABC was in bed. I suppose he didn't realise that they could tell when a phone was taken on/off a charger. I had no idea.

BTW- can texts be retrieved that are deleted? Just thinking about the ones TM deleted.

Being very careful in what I say myself...lol....yes I agree & it was painful listening to it...

Just going back to your post Cattail. I think GBC had years of experience with covering up. His affair with the mistress...all behind Allison's back. That would have taken a huge effort to cover up throughout all those years. I believe some just become experts at it.

Also, & I will check it although I'm fairly certain, in Ivan Milat's case there was nothing which put him as being at Belanglo Forest. That case was also entirely circumstantial even though police did have a lot of evidence.

Yes you are probably right and it was second nature to him to cover his tracks.

It is strange to think the jury could be instructed as early as tomorrow. I hope they all have clear minds and have listened well to the prosecutor.

well..it is awful to listen to.. Gerard is in full yellowjacket salesman mode.. for me, it was by far the worst yet. And he is totally in love with his story, too.. he 's polished it, he's held it up to the light like the Koh In Noor Ruby, he is loving the sound of his voice telling this perfectly charming story with a bit of pathos at the end of it.. he's so cosy, so .... intimate, so.. man to manish.. .. just a poor upright young (?) bloke ,with a baffling problem...

Sorry to correct you Trooper but the Koh-I-Noor is a diamond. Either way something Gerard is not... And I'm sure it's the only time I'll be able to correct you. LOL!!!!

I can't see the need for the defence to call any of their own witnesses as I think the prosecution's case is unfortunately very weak (not saying he didn't do it but there just isn't any undeniable proof).

The only type of witnesses (if any) I can imagine the defence calling are professionals to dispute the prosecutions claims. For example I imagine it would be possible to find some kind of phone guru to say that an iphone can glitch and stop/start charging on its own. I cant imagine them calling friends or family at this point due to the risk of having stories unravelled under cross examination and harming their case.

If the members of the jury truly came into this without an opinion either way then I think it will be a not guilty verdict. MOO

Goodnight All
Sleep well, I hope tomorrow brings us all some understanding, and whatever may happen may it be a just and fair result!

Being very careful in what I say myself...lol....yes I agree & it was painful listening to it...

it was sickening, because when he is doing this interview... the poor Gerald posturing.. he has already

(a) contacted Toni and told her the police will be interviewing her

(b)..contacted 3 lawyers

(c).. had at least one appointment with a random doctor on his lawyers advice to verify the 'shaving' gouges with another doctor to see

(d).. about to or has rung Toni again ( who is sitting right there in the police station) to ask if she has blabbed about them being back together..

(e) probably had a good breakfast at Mum's and checked his emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla