The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So am I correct in saying that there have been 2 Fridays of evidence heard by the jury in a closed court? If so, that's massive! Any amount of solid roundabout evidence could have been heard!

BBM. Way behind tonight. Trying to respect that the matter is currently before the Court and subject to subjudice. Do not want to say anything which may jeopardize the Trial. However, have I missed this? I thought Court was not happening on Fridays.

What is clear to me is GBC has no feelings for Allison whatsoever, through his whole spiel, it was just, she, her but no Allison. He has distanced himself from her and he can't bear to say her name.
I suppose no surprise there. :(

he even manages a few little bashful chuckles.. what a soldier , ey? in the midst of his agony, a wife missing, his daughters mother missing, good old Gerard can rustle up a bit of a titter, just to underline his bafflement....

astonishing stuff.

Even Joe Korp managed , I don't know how, to look and sound a leeeetle bit agonised..

Way behind tonight. Trying to respect that his matter is current before the Court and subject to subjudice. Do not want to say anything which may jeopardize the Trial. However, have I missed this? Is someone able to inform what this is about please?

court in the matter of the Crown V Baden-Clay is closed on every Friday, fuskier.. the jurors get a break, the judge gets a break and the barristers get a break, and god help us all, the defendant gets a break too.

it was agreed to in the beginning, since the trial was expected to go on for a while.

every body stop!!.. the court is NOT OPERATING on Fridays in Gerards trial. heh. nothing secret is happening.. nothing is hidden!!...

This is the type of information that I was trying to give examples of in terms of being interesting to us but not worthwhile evidence. This had a clear and convincing explanation by GBC backed up by the good wife episode on at the same time they were all watching tv. So the defence would have been all over it and be seen to have a win on that piece of evidence. So it would not have helped the prosecutions case at all in my opinion and would have been an unnecessary distraction from the good evidence. That's why they didn't raise it.

Thanks Ali - I wrote the above before reading your very sensible opinion of where things stand with the prosecutions case, and you do make perfect sense. I can see it wasn't necessary to raise this. Do you think the indro car crash is in the same category, I don't believe it was raised either (unless I'm mistaken?).

Sorry for starting that, I read something further up thread that I was seeking clarification on. I too believed that there was no court on Fridays, but I read something a few pages back that had me confused, hence my question...
I'll go back and find it. Thanks everyone :)

every body stop!!.. the court is NOT OPERATING on Fridays in Gerards trial. heh. nothing secret is happening.. nothing is hidden!!...

Gosh, thanks, I thought I was losing touch with reality, and I was, but you brought me back!

11:59am: Senior Constable McLeod was among the three detectives from the Criminal Investigation Branch at Indooroopilly police station, to interview Mr Baden-Clay on the morning his reported his wife missing on April 20, 2012.

The following day, Senior Constable McLeod asked Mr Baden-Clay for the razor with which he claimed to have cut himself shaving.

He said he drove Mr Baden-Clay from his parent's house at Kenmore to his Brookfield home. bbm

"He went inside and came out and handed me the razor. It was wrapped in Glad Wrap," Senior Constable McLeod said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-10-week-3-20140625-3aqx5.html#ixzz35eHA05Fr

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 10 Std.

McLeod says they drove Gerard to his parents' home, he went inside alone and brought the razor out wrapped in glad wrap.

????

court in the matter of the Crown V Baden-Clay is closed on every Friday, fuskier.. the jurors get a break, the judge gets a break and the barristers get a break, and god help us all, the defendant gets a break too.

it was agreed to in the beginning, since the trial was expected to go on for a while.

And we get a break, or at least a chance to do some catching up!

Thanks Ali - I wrote the above before reading your very sensible opinion of where things stand with the prosecutions case, and you do make perfect sense. I can see it wasn't necessary to raise this. Do you think the indro car crash is in the same category, I don't believe it was raised either (unless I'm mistaken?).

... And the little girl's note on the kitchen table? Was that shown? Because I don't recall the wording being reported on.

What is clear to me is GBC has no feelings for Allison whatsoever, through his whole spiel, it was just, she, her but no Allison. He has distanced himself from her and he can't bear to say her name.
I suppose no surprise there. :(

AND talks about her in past tense. Sure it's been brought up already but I've only just managed to catch up and I have to admit to skimming.... But at around the 5min 30 mark when talking about one of the girls saying Allison could have her phone on silent, he says ' she sometimes did that' , NOT sometimes does that.

WOW! What a day! Still not sure what to make of it all. Thanks to all the updates and opinions shared today. I drove home around 6pm and heard the crown had closed and was shocked, couldn't wait to get on here and find out the details . Starting reading from page 1 and felt relieved that everyone was so positive, then a few pages in wasn't so sure, then everyone seemed positive again and then not so much..... It really was a roller coaster of a ride. Let's all pray for Justice for Allison in the coming days.

Sorry LadyBird - but there are too many variables to create a table like that.

You can use "best guess" averages, but every individual will heal at their own rate. Then there is the type and shape of the wounds - abraded broad scratches for example (like the ones on GBC's face) will take longer to heal than a sharply sliced cut. Then there is the degree of scarring - and again everyone is different. Some people heal with an almost invisible scar (the plastic surgeon's dream patient) while others heal with what is called hypertrophic scarring. More extreme scarring - where the body doesn't quite know how to switch off the healing process - is called keloid scarring. Some people are very prone to that.

Then there is the whole question of wounds that get infected - even very superficial minor infection. They will heal less well and take longer.

So I can't really give any time estimates, other than to say that the face tends to heal quickly, the torso much less so, and the extremities takes the longest. But of course, that is a gross generalization.

Thanks Doc. Good post.
Guess no-one told his nibs about Chlorsig and facial scarring.... About three days or so give or take ... (Chlorsig eye ointment great for dog bites etc on children's faces) Leaves minimal to no scarring.

Back to tissue healing; The torso superficial scarring .... Not much more than those three to five days.... Give or take a few more days.

Anything to "buy a bit of time" say 24 hours...... would be highly beneficial?

To be more precise ... every 24 hours bought by whatever means would stave off incriminating photographic evidence.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ve-coverage-day-10-week-3-20140625-3aqx5.html

Gerard Baden-Clay Trial Live Coverage: Day 10, Week 3
June 25, 2014 - 4:13PM by Marissa Calligeros

"The prosecution called its final witness and closed the Crown case".

"...The defence team has raised a legal matter with Justice John Byrne. The jury has been dismissed for the day and asked to return at 10am tomorrow. Legal argument will continue this afternoon"...

"...Crown prosecutor Todd Fuller QC is now reading a list of the agreed facts in the case to the jury". (see article for list of agreed facts by DT and PT).

Hmmmm.......!!!!!

Text copied Constable Kellie Thomson's statement....

35. On the 21st day of April, 2012............

Detective Senior Constable McLeod, the defendant and I attended 16 Durness Street, Kenmore, on arrival we had a conversation with the defendant, he walked inside and returned with a razor that was wrapped in plastic and handed it to me. I then seized the razor.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

He had shaved over the scratches so well that there was no traction for the bandaid to glue to probably. I have had that happen with my legs.

Had G followed Norman Gunston's lead he probably would have got sympathy rather than suspicion lol

I thought the same thing when my son said put toilet paper on it not bandaids! Lol

... And the little girl's note on the kitchen table? Was that shown? Because I don't recall the wording being reported on.

oh yes, I wonder what it said? On the tape with each of Allison's daughters, didn't the police ask if they drew a picture or something?

The mind boggles what the police were trying to find out. Maybe it was a picture of Allison fallen into a hole? Allison clearly hurt in the picture?

The police maybe were trying to figure out if one of the girls actually saw their mummy hurt? jmho

So many maybes. :tantrum:

just listened to the police tape.....wow wee..... he was having quite a day. Loved the chat he was having. At one stage he said something along the lines of.....'yeah that's the cut that everyone is so concerned about.' Ahhh no, that is the cut that everyone is so suspicious about.

I know I have mentioned this a few times, but if what he says is true, he says he cut himself and went and requested his daughter help him put a band aid on. He said he went and woke her to ask for her help. What a man. Just after that he went and turned on ABC hot rollers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong