The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forensics

Reaction score
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 11s
Fuller is asking Gerard about the money Gerard owed and the interest he had to pay. #badenclay

MsAnais

Verified Clinical Psychologist (AU)
Reaction score
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 16s
Gerard agrees he gave his business card to the first doctor he visited and offered to help her find a new house. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 40s
Fuller says Gerard went to a second doctor that afternoon and showed her the injuries on his chest, as direction of lawyer. #badenclay

bbm. Nice :facepalm:

That's what any innocent husband would do when their wife was MISSING!!!!

BatWoman

Reaction score
I agree silver. A phone call to mum to say i cant stand this ***** anymore, please come pick me up, i'm too angry to drive. But he had to stick to his story

Inspector

Reaction score
Did it not even enter GBCs head that Al could of been picked up by one of her friends??? Still would of called those closer (ie relationship wise) to Al than the BCs and GBC mates. For petes....

If he had no idea where she was this would be logical. IMO he knew where she was and these people wouldn't.

Trooper

Reaction score
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 16s
Gerard agrees he gave his business card to the first doctor he visited and offered to help her find a new house. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 40s
Fuller says Gerard went to a second doctor that afternoon and showed her the injuries on his chest, as direction of lawyer. #badenclay

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

that's one of my favourite bits.. him doing 'business ' in the doctors surgery....

whatif?

Reaction score
Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 47s

It was a barrister he thought he might use if he needed legal assistance #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 37s

#badenclay was at a barrister's chambers, Peter Davis, when police told him wife's body had been found. His criminal lawyer was there too.

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 44s

He was with this barrister when he was told that the body was Allison's #badenclay

I thought NBC testified they were in the RE office when police notified them the body was found.

Mrs G Norris

Reaction score

I think it's fair enough he knew etc .. I mean he knew where he left her right? So it was a pretty good determination that the body was Allison and he needed to see his lawyer quick smart before consoling his kids or preparing them for the worst etc .. OH WAIT!!!!!! :banghead:

silverau

Reaction score
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 11s
Gerard says no, they were self inflicted. It just didn't seem relevant. #badenclay

BAM!!!!

but dearest Gerard weren't the scratches on the face self inflicted too???

Amee

Reaction score
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Fuller raises the payment due for Gerard to buy out his partners in the rental side of the business #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m

#badenclay says he gave a GP his card on April 21, 2012, day after wife vanished, offering her help to find real estate in the area.

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 57s

Turning now to financial matters if Allison and Gerard had separated #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Fuller: you'd lose money if you couldn't pay. Gerard: you've done the maths #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 1m

Allison had joined the business #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 48s

She had three young children #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 1m

They has some shares - and some were hers #badenclay

Neuromancer

Reaction score
If they really were enormous on her wouldn't the prosecution have brought this up? Or maybe they will today.

I just wonder if this is one of those things where is seems like a big size difference but with he particular make it wasn't really. Even with the same brand I know I can take different sizes in different style clothing. And many women take a larger bottom than top.

Agree - I really don't think the size of those pants is sinister.

Australian women's clothing sizes are all over the place to the point where size is almost meaningless

One of my favourite pairs of tracky dacks are ones I stole from Mr NM - which are way too big on me, but I like the way they sit low on my hips. Women have bums that stop pants falling down - typically 50% greater in circumference than their waist - so you can go up a lot in size before it's a problem.

I can't see a murderer going to the effort of getting clothes from his mother (and introducing another factor to be marked as unusual in investigation), and dressing an unconscious body isn't that difficult.

Forensics

Reaction score
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 48s
Fuller says Allison had taken the role of someone Gerard had been paying $100,000. Gerard says he was not paying Allison a salary.#badenclay

sheldor

Reaction score
Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 3m

Gerard says no, they were self inflicted. It just didn't seem relevant. #badenclay

Re scratches on his chest -- so does that mean the scratches on his face weren't self-inflicted, contrary to his story to date?

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 30s

Police did ultimately take photographs of his chest injury #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 2m

He also had injuries to his chest and arm #badenclay

injuries to his arm, is that what we thought was the grazed elbow in one of the pics?

Yes in the photo of him holding phone in car on way to visit barrister in city.

I recall mentioning it looked like bruising or scratches near his wrist

292222-baden-clay-in-car.jpg

Forensics

Reaction score
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 6s
Gerard says Fuller is asking a lot of hypothetical questions he has never thought about in detail. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 32s
Fuller says a separation with Allison would have had a significant financial impact on him and the business. Gerard agrees. #badenclay

Amee

Reaction score
Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 58s

The cars were owned by the business, or leased through them #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 38s

Gerard agrees separation may have caused his business 'to go to the wall' #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 32s

Gerard says it is all hypothetical #badenclay

Forensics

Reaction score
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 19s
Fuller says Gerard had told Toni McHugh he would separate. Gerard says yes "and I told you that was a lie". #badenclay

Forensics

Reaction score
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 19s
Fuller says as of April 19 he was indeed under a number of pressures. #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.