The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alioop

alioop Verified Attorney (AU)

The prosecution called NBC and OW ( they would have had a subpoena to attend) because they were first on the scene so to speak therefore it is in the interests of fairness of presenting the case that they got to have their evidence on record. Even if this means that some of what they say may not help the prosecution's case. I also think that they were called early so that their evidence that supports the defence is out there early in the case and there is evidence that later refutes it.
    I think OW's evidence that I was in court for, went into minute detail about past depression but when asked if she had any concerns about Allison's mood in that week, OW said no. So the prosecution gave her lots of latitude to ramble on about depression and all the help she gave her. That was good strategy in my opinion as it got it out there then made it simply not relevant to Allison's current mental state.
    I call it the taking the wind out of the sails strategy.

2. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

Doc, you are obviously quite a bit brighter than these folk. Rat cunning aside, I can see them doing this.

3. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

That may have even happened some time AFTER her body was dumped....even a day or so later....once it was realised the "she's gone for a walk" story doesn't fit with her wearing pyjamas.

4. squizzey1

squizzey1 Verified insider - Allison Baden-Clay case

whether he is proved guilty or not and I believe he is , how are the clan going to feel , by his own admission , a liar , a cheat , deceitful , manipulator and at least a 3 time adulterer , none of that can go away

5. Forensics

Forensics Member

Could he not have dressed her before she was dumped at Kholo?

6. sosocurious

sosocurious Well-Known Member

The jury was told that Mrs Baden Clay's phone last registered to the Kenmore cell tower at 8.57pm on the 19th April.
    This seems significant to me.
    /www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1FLDB_enAU592AU593&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=allisons%20bade

7. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

Their God may be all-forgiving, but I can't see them trusting him too much.

8. Zorro

Zorro New Member

Thoughts: The prosecution finished presenting its case last week based on circumstantial evidence that is very strong. That could have been the end of proceedings and the jury could have retired to consider its verdict last week based on the prosecution case.

The lingering reservation they may have had is "would GBC really kill his wife".

I think the defence made a mistake calling GBC to testify. If the only thing the prosecution can glean out of cross examining GBC is that he is an egotistical liar, cheat and adulterer lacking integrity who is happy to use any person to further his own interest. The jury might then believe he is capable of the crime he is accused of.

9. squizzey1

exactly

10. JK673

JK673 New Member

He has tarnished the Baden name forever...not sure why Olivia took it on to be honest....probably as a show of support....

11. BatWoman

BatWoman Member

respectfully snipped and my observations offered in bold. Although i'm not a veteran websleuther, i am a veteran crime watcher as i try to understand human behaviour. I think we had great breakthroughs yesterday that will stay in the minds of the jury. I'd better stop now, today's staring....

12. Forensics

Forensics Member

more legal discussion going on..... before trial commences for the day.

13. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

I don't think so. I think panic would have set in once it was realised she was dead. Then wanted to get her body out of there asap.

Allison's mum mentioned him being "cool as a cucumber". By that stage he thought he had it all organized & under control.

14. toe

toe New Member

I think the interfering with a corpse, is removing her from the home where Allison was already deceased to Kholo.

15. JK673

JK673 New Member

His personality (so convinced having working alongside similar people) would have insisted he take the stand..

16. DrWatson

DrWatson Verified Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon

Maybe this is where Fuller whips out Allison's blood-stained pyjamas that were found in NBC's garage, but the defence are objecting as they hadn't been notified?

Well, I can use my imagination at least... ;)

17. Inspector

Inspector Member

I agree! By taking the stand he has removed any credibility about any aspect of his words and behavior. He admits he will say anything and lie to get what he wants. How can anyone believe a word he says now?

18. Forensics

Forensics Member

is anyone posting tweets? If not, I can do Kate Kyriacou this morning

19. squizzey1

big mistake by the defence but big g may have said yeah lets go I can handled these blokes they are only qc s and I am a failed real estate agent, almost bankrupt, president of chamber of commerce school p & c and a good catch , wanna tell em about all the sheilas I have bonked or and how I conned $270k from some mates

20. Forensics

Forensics Member

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 24s
    Fuller says it was not an option for Toni not to go to the real estate conference the next day. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 16s
    Gerard is being asked about any contact between Allison and Toni McHugh if Allison had his phone each night. #badenclay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.