The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snails

Snails New Member

I bet they come forward when "New Idea" etc offers the $$$ for their stories - ewwwww - I really don't need to read about their sexual encounters with GBC (not that I'm a New Idea reader anyway). But mark my word, it will happen.

2. Consider

Consider New Member

On the afternoon of the 19th is it done and dusted that GBC and TM did not meet?
    She was in town for conference next morning...

Does GBC aim to suggest TM could have been in the Brookfield area but and that he didn't meet her?

If he acted with the help of someone else and didn't want that person exposed might he (drumroll) protect that person by implicating TM?

3. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

It was recommended to TM to take out life insurance policy....NBC the ex life insurance salesman. I wonder who made sure Allison had a policy.

Text copied TM's statement #4

21 Gerard never discussed insurances with me. I was never aware of a liability insurance policy for the business but every agency does have a public liability insurance police. I am aware that Nigel was previously a life insurance salesman because Nigel told me that. Nigel also told me that he was a former game warden in Africa. Nigel never tried to sell me a life insurance policy but did recommend that I take out a life insurance policy.

4. Snails

Snails New Member

T McH is indeed very lucky in my opinion. Sure, she may need to change her name and move far away, but she is alive, unlike Allison.

5. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Very lucky indeed. She may have already changed her name & moved to a whole new location. Police sure kept her out of the limelight during the trial.

6. Freya1977

Freya1977 Well-Known Member

Quite right - and plenty of people do commit suicide having NEVER discussed depression or any other issues with anyone!

7. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

Just on that topic. NBC told him to notify the insurer and NBC had set up the policy for Allison I believe, BUT how did he know ABC still had it?

8. Freya1977

Freya1977 Well-Known Member

So Allison worked 4 days a week in the business taking no wage, but needed permission to get a cup of coffee. Wow.

9. itsthevibe

itsthevibe Verified insider - Allison Baden-Clay case

I believe he went one route there and another back, and possibly returned there the same night to deal with clothing and again chose a different route. When people are guilty they are very conscious, in fact paranoid, of someone seeing them, and would probably feel it would be less noticeable that way.

10. h.isobel

h.isobel New Member

Just coming out of lurkdom to thank everyone for keeping us updated on the details of the trial, this has been so very helpful and its so lovely to witness all of your dedication to Allison. I was worried that reasonable doubt had been introduced until Gerard himself took the stand... Biiiiigg mistake by the defence, I'm positive he will be found guilty. Happy birthday for yesterday Allison... Fingers crossed for justice.

11. catswhiskers

catswhiskers Active Member

From the info that he revealed during his time on the stand, I think it's more likely that he had a monitor installed so he could keep tabs on Allison - I wouldn't be surprised if he made her feel like she was an inadequate mother and that he needed to keep checking up on her! He'd been made redundant remember - had to grab some power and authority where ever he could. I wonder if he had any secret dalliances during that period? Possibly not, as he wouldn't want to be fessing up to having so much time on his hands because he was unemployed.

12. JK673

JK673 New Member

Hahaha - I did suggest Indro Maccas Cafe but I can organise a much better venue/Cafe if people are interested......

13. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

G suddenly wasn't concerned about TM's mental state or placating her once he realised he was a suspect. "Find someone else to love. It's not looking good for me. Move on!"

14. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

I think no, never, because his email to Toni with the date June 1 on it (as unconditional) has to be refuted above and beyond anything else, at all costs. Toni has to be discredited until the end of time. He has to completely distance himself from her. She is not an allie.
    Allison and her depression have been replaced by Toni and her fantasy as Gerard's excuse in life.

15. kiwijayne

kiwijayne Well-Known Member

Sounds good! Maybe the Brookfield Store?

16. JK673

JK673 New Member

Due to Fuller's chopping and changing direction - WHAT A F$%#ING brilliant strategy!

17. Inspector

Inspector Member

:goodpost::yourock:

18. volunteer

volunteer New Member

I.M.O. MOST of the jury would think he is guilty already, but I think a few will have doubts until the end. I hope not. I definitely think he is guilty . Can someone be convicted on a majority verdict in Qld. now?

19. Cattail

Cattail New Member

Taking the pill does not mean an active sex life. It is often prescribed for management of periods.

It is not something she would have discussed with a lot of people I wouldn't imagine, maybe not with anyone.

20. Amee

Amee Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.