The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCB

JCB Active Member

No, not for murder.

2. Tangled_Web

Tangled_Web Active Member

He repeatedly said he wasn't concerned about the police questions that morning but also repeatedly referred to them as "interrogations".

3. Amee

Amee Active Member

Journalists put Baden-Clay trial in jeopardy

A SHERIFF will investigate a juror's note about a journalist and cameraman approaching them during the lunch break.

Justice John Byrne told the juror they were right to bring the matter to him.

Justice Byrne told the jury the media was in a separate room which was why they had not seen them in the courtroom.

He told them the media could see and hear the courtroom.

Justice Byrne described what had happened as "untoward conduct" at first blush and he hoped it would not happen again.

Jurors are not visible on the screens in the media room

http://m.noosanews.com.au/news/journalists-put-baden-clay-trial-jeopardy/2304290/

4. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

we only have Gerards claim that he himself is having sex from Darwin to Sydney... it's quite possible . in fact, its highly probable, that Gerard has a severe sexual dysfunction.. from his own testimony, even though he starts off by saying he 'only wanted sex'.. he doesn't seem to be exactly up for it, if I may use that term .. he says Toni instigated it.. he says ,he had to get a days advance preparation for his assignation in Sydney with Ms Chrane. He says Toni always wanted it.. not him.. He implied he was always bullied into it.... it just landed on his doorstep, .. somehow he accidentally fell over and there it was..

And if Gerard is claiming to be all over it, all the time, .. is that a lie?? quite possibly.. considering his inability to grasp truth at any time.

5. Brightbird

Brightbird Active Member

They can have doubt, just not reasonable doubt.

6. catswhiskers

catswhiskers Active Member

I think that any male friends, acquaintances, work colleagues, business partners and even clients, could be forgiven for any suspicious sideways glances they may be casting in their significant others' directions over the past week. I reckon they'd have all been fair game for GBC over the years - he'd probably have a crack at anyone in a skirt just for the sport of it.

7. Cattail

Cattail New Member

I may be going against the majority here on saying I did not have a problem with the defence psychologist.

I don't think he helped their case because as I have said before the location she was found with no car is the sticking point for me with the suicide theory.

However my interpretation was that he commented on what he gleaned from her doctors' notes with regard to her depression.

And his comments on suicide were all general statements none of which he specifically applied to Allison except when the prosecution asked him to.

All due respect to all medical people - but all the knowledge in the world cannot predict some things.

8. heloise

heloise New Member

What I don't understand is why no suggestion of travel from Brookfield to Kholo Creek has been mentioned in the trial. ? There was a lot of police work going on at the Kenmore roundabout, etc, but nothing about that was mentioned in the trial. I agree that the back way - through Rafting Ground Road - would be the obvious route, and quicker. Also no mention of the B-C affiliation with scout property at Kholo Creek. ??? Can anyone say why not?

9. catswhiskers

catswhiskers Active Member

I wonder why he felt the need to point out the change in routine himself? It's not the only time he has offered extra info without prompting - makes him look even dodgier.

10. spratsmum

spratsmum Member

Sorry GBC you lost me by opening your mouth, I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you are a liar and user of people, your opinion and user of women is deplorable. You are a callous, selfish individual, I don't know how you did it and I don't know who helped you, but to deprive you daughters of their mother was a dastardly act. It seems to me you haven;t been honest about one thing in your life, you have reinforced all of the worst stereotypes in your industry. I really do hope that one day your daughters can have some type of relationship with you for there sakes.

You are a cruel, deceitful man. I hope you live a long life in Arthur Gorrie and have many lonely hours to contemplate what you have done. RIP Allison, you no longer have to tolerate a man who main role in life was to belittle and drag you down.

11. royster

royster New Member

I think he was up for it - quality of it .... Different matter entirely !

12. Cattail

Cattail New Member

Personally I think it will all come down to who ties things together better in their closing statements.

As you have all kept up with the trial I have noticed many many many comments of yes that happened, when will we get to this, that's not what they said before etc.

To the jury this is all new information delivered at times in boring ways. Eg 100 (yes an exaggeration).people to say the cuts were not made by a razor.

They are human, there will have been times when their minds wandered. And in this trial there was no "Gotcha" moment, no movie like revelations of fingerprints or blood stained clothes. No sit up and take notice now moment.

So I believe it will come down very much to who can tie it all together without being so long winded they lose the jury in the process.

13. Consider

Consider New Member

There's no GBC in : 'partner', 'forever'

GBC gotta focus on ME ME ME

14. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

He'd better refrain from saying he loves sex where he's going.

Allison was sleeping with an enemy. :( absolute betrayal.

Imagine working in the tuck shop and being told about your husbands affairs??
    PANIC ATTACK OF EMBARRASSMENT!
    Now where's that ice pick.

Allison was a better person than me. For sure.

15. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree, this is neither a football match nor an eisteddfod - this is deadly serious. It isn't about which side gives a more exciting show. It is about three little girls and their future and we mustn't forget that.

16. Amee

Amee Active Member

Mr Baden-Clay Snr told the court of the moment he learnt Allison's body had been located.

"The police came to Gerard's office, I happened to be in Gerard's office at the time, and the police came to Gerard's office to tell him," he said.

"But we had actually heard before that because it was actually on the internet before the police got to his office.

"We were aware a body had been found under the Kohlo Creek Bridge."

http://m.noosanews.com.au/news/murder-trial-gerard-baden-clay-second-week/2290111/

17. Snails

Snails New Member

Interesting reading if you have time -

http://samvak.tripod.com/faq29.html

"Still, sex for both types of narcissists is an instrument designed to increase the number of Sources of Narcissistic Supply. If it happens to be the most efficient weapon in the narcissist's arsenal, he makes profligate use of it. In other words: if the narcissist cannot obtain adoration, admiration, approval, applause, or any other kind of attention by other means (e.g., intellectually) – he resorts to sex."

18. Thinking

Thinking New Member

What a waste of time!

19. Thinking

Thinking New Member

And KeentoKnow? Will she be here with us for the final moments, hopefully the fireworks will be necessary?

20. Cattail

Cattail New Member

Respectfully too I did not mean my comments in the way you seem to have taken them.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.