The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

I'm thinking you perhaps opened the wrong door mate...

Pistorious trial thatta way -------------------->

2. Consider

Consider New Member

A little off topic but I'm genuinely interested at you wanting the girls to have a relationship with GBC for their sake. It Family Law textbook in Australia but aren't there exception to the rule?

3. Amee

Amee Active Member

Yep.

The girls, the Dickies, Allisons friends and of course Allison never far from my thoughts my heartaches for them all :(

:candle:

4. volunteer

volunteer New Member

But but but HOW didshe GET there?

5. Cattail

Cattail New Member

Hi Marly

I did not follow the Sica trial at all, I don't know anything about that one.

I hope GBC will be found guilty as I believe he is.

I am feeling more positive now than I was at the end of the prosecution case.

I have tried as best I can to see things as the jury might - impossible if not there of course.

I seem to get a lot of disagreement, but don't think it means I don't think he did a despicable thing just because I am trying to look at it fairly rather than just hang him to dry without weighing all of the evidence - it's ok for me to privately believe in his guilt on gut feel but I would not like to live in a country where justice was dealt without evidence or where being guilty of lying is judged as guilty of murder.

:)

6. Doidy

Doidy Member

Great point!!

7. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

There was far less in the Kerry Whelan case. Her body was never found. Bruce (there's that name again) Burrell was the last person to see her alive. Much evidence wasn't presented as it was deemed prejudicial. He was still convicted.

8. laserdisc10

laserdisc10 Active Member

Yep. People have finally worked it out and written about it. Hope it saves some

9. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

I'd bank on it.

10. JCB

JCB Active Member

Unfortunately outside of what has already been suggested at trial, I don't know. But it would account for her apparent lack of serious injury (but again there are other possibilities for that as Fuller QC pointed out today!).

11. BatWoman

BatWoman Member

I seriously doubt that Gerard would agree to a plea deal. He'll still think he's winning. He always wins in his mind. He'll be planning the after party as we speak and making sure he has enough business cards for the judge and jury and all the people who came to support HIM.

:sigh:

12. Flabbergasted

Flabbergasted New Member

I rarely post here but I read everything almost everyday. Like many of you I am consumed with compassion for this woman, and rage that this man may not ever realise how dreadfully wrong his actions were, even if he is found guilty. Here on WS you have asked most of the questions I want answers to. I only have one other question. When he was in his office and he learnt via the internet that a body had been found he called his lawyer. He never indicates that he contacted police to find out HOW his wife died????????? Supposing he can be given the benefit of the doubt for some other 'oversights' but was he not curious even, to learn how she died???????? He says he met police to confirm that it was definitely, not possibly Allison. He makes no comment at all about any other questions he asked of police.

13. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Count me in!

I'll be there dressed in a yellow onesie holding up a party Frankfurt singing
    'thar she blows'. :jail:

It'll be a long trip but not as long as GeRed's

14. spratsmum

spratsmum Member

15. Thinking

Thinking New Member

I'm pretty sure legal aid won't fund an appeal. Ali?

16. laserdisc10

laserdisc10 Active Member

Don't know. He's weak and he's a rat. Rat's will chew off their own leg to be free. Having weighed the odds, GBC might go for a lesser charge for less time in the clink as opposed to risking a whole lot more time inside

17. Consider

Consider New Member

So true MarlyWings he could not control himself : he had to have control of many others (their bodies, money, etc)

The hand up to the girls to be quiet gets my goat. What else were they in for when they reached an age where speaking their own mind, with their own thoughts and disagreeing and questioning became a natural expression?

If he's put behind bars and they are made to visit him by someone's schedule I hope it's short enough to allow their little minds protection : until they reach whatever age someone decides its OK for them to express themselves and legally have the right to say "Sod off Dad : you're wrong : I may or may not visit you again to listen to your nonsense"

18. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

I just cant see the State of QLD offering him a lesser charge.. they've gone with these two charges, and that's that..

Gerard could bleat about it, but unless the QLD Prosecution service,, the DPP offers it, he can bleat till kingdom come.

19. Cattail

Cattail New Member

Can Doc or other medical people tell me please if the delay in finding Allison would have masked all of the following signs of smothering?

TIA :)

"Throughout the investigation of a death by suffocation or smothering the pathologist will look for the tell tale signs: the bloodshot eyes, the high levels of carbon dioxide in the blood and will also look for bruising around the nose and mouth and may even collect trace evidence such as hairs and fibres from around the nose and mouth of the deceased."

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/suffocating-and-smothering.html

20. Thinking

Thinking New Member

I wondered about this too - but really the media have just been reporting what the jury have seen anyway - I don't think they have been overly salacious, biased or dramatic - I don't think it would make a big difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.