The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

I don,t know, but I'd hazard a guess that those numbers were days Allison suspected/knew he was with TM.

2. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Hi royster,
    I understand how you are feeling hon, many of us have followed Allison's since day 1 and Allison is the reason I'm here. I'm not joking when I posted iI'll need a shrink if he walks free as it could be a very sad day for us and society in general. I'll smash my TV before I see the BC's smirking down a camera into my living room.
    I know many of us will need the friendship and support of our fellow sleuthers well after the Brisbane Courthouse closes it's books on GBC.

Now if he's not convicted well who did kill Allison?? Maybe the site will continue longer.......

3. Thinking

Thinking New Member

Thank you Zorro. Excellent summary and I agree.

4. Amee

Amee Active Member

Gerard Baden-Clay admits to 'more affairs' :puke:

The 43-year-old said it was his suggestion that he and his wife install the “Find My Phone” application on their mobile phones so they could know each other’s whereabouts at all times.

“It was me that found it and me that loaded it onto our phones and showed Allison how to use it,” Mr Baden-Clay said.

But Mr Baden-Clay said the application occasionally failed or malfunctioned.

“And on the one day you needed it, it failed you,” Mr Fuller said.

“And on the one day that I needed it failed me, yes that is correct” Mr Baden-Clay said.

The court has previously heard Mr Baden-Clay tried to use the phone application to find his wife on the morning of April 20, 2012, to no avail.

He told police the application was “switched off” that morning.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ore-affairs-20140702-zstwy.html#ixzz36IrOK6Ai

5. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

I love small mammals and particularly marsupials to pieces. But sayings usually have a lot of truth to them.

"Birds of a feather flock together as do pigs and swine, rats and mice will have their choice and so shall I have mine." dates back to Ancient Greece and Rome

We are all here to see justice for Allison.
    If it was misadventure, OWN it Gerard.

6. Doidy

Doidy New Member

Bingo! Absolutely agree, that's why I'm so nervous!! At least the prosecution is last so they're case hopefully will be top of mind for jurors

7. linette

linette New Member

Today and yesterday were the first times I have felt confident about a guilty verdict. Hopefully the jury has seen the way GBC shines when talking about himself and his sexual happenings. Then they can see how much he hates when someone dares to doubt him, and has the gall to be offended. Typical of him.
    I think the prosecution have done a great job. I think the best thing for the prosecution was that GBC took the stand. Thanks for that GBC !! :)

8. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

it would be a huge step into the unknown should a jury decide on unlawful killing.. and it would be an even bigger lunge into la la land if the judge gives the jury, in his instructions, that option.. considering that Gerard states he was asleep at the logical time she was murdered..

9. possumheart

FFS if Gerard said he cut himself because he was trying to shave whilst he was looking out the window because he thought he heard someone walking down the driveway ....
    He isn't human!

10. Tangled_Web

Tangled_Web Active Member

This really does seem to contradict what GBC told the court today. I am sure he said he was with his lawyer (at that time Darren Mahoney) and also meeting with Peter Davis (a barrister that his lawyer worked with) when told.
    When and where he was when his wife's body was found surely is something he would remember vividly.

11. KG1

KG1 Registered user

Face was the priority - had to disguise those fingernail scratches by a little more decorative slicing and dicing. Then have a good scrub under the shower and stop the blood flowing anywhere but down the drain. MOO

12. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

the jury would have to find, and the judge would have to instruct them of this option, that Gerard unlawfully killed Alison in his sleep .... and also, by extension, interfered with her corpse while asleep..

*squinty eyed* ........ that sentence doesn't even want to lay down on the screen..

13. toe

toe New Member

I'm also having trouble accepting this scenario as well. Why would TM be so concerned about Allison at the conference when Gerry has given her a commitment he would be left Allison and be with her by 1st July. I can't see her jeopardizing this commitment by confronting Allison. Likewise if Allison didn't know TM and Gerry were on again, I don't see her confronting Allison.

Am I missing something?

14. DrWatson

DrWatson Verified Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon

Hi Cattail :)

Yes - her face was unrecognisable - she couldn't be identified that way. Large areas of her soft tissues had been decomposed with areas of her skull showing. Only a part of the tongue could be found.

So in short, without going into too much gory detail, it was impossible to look for, or to find, those classical signs of smothering.

15. Amee

Amee Active Member

Baden-Clay also told the court of the moment his wife's body was found in a creek, revealing he was at his lawyer's office when news came through. He was later contacted by police to say the body had been identified as Allison's.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eated-exchange-witness-box.html#ixzz36ItTxiI0

The police came to Gerard's office, I happened to be in Gerard's office at the time, and the police came to Gerard's office to tell him," he said.

"But we had actually heard before that because it was actually on the internet before the police got to his office.

"We were aware a body had been found under the Kohlo Creek Bridge."

http://m.noosanews.com.au/news/murder-trial-gerard-baden-clay-second-week/2290111/ :waitasec:

16. Tangled_Web

Tangled_Web Active Member

BBM. Yet more bad luck for the hapless GBC.

17. laserdisc10

laserdisc10 New Member

:floorlaugh:

18. laserdisc10

laserdisc10 New Member

Re: the Find My Phone app. I'm sure I read in the police computer expert's report that Find My Phone had not been installed on GBC's phone -- or something on those lines. Anyone know for sure?

19. possumheart

Lordy Trooper, now I need a vodka.

20. LadyBird1

LadyBird1 Member

Oh wow! Just how significant is that!
    "Would that happen to be the exact number of years she was married to someone with a personality disorder?"
    Neat arithmetics there Neuromancer.
    Plus there is one common denominator .......
    Whose name co-incidentally is .....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.