The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

There is video of police arriving at his office to tell him the news about a body being found.

If someone hasn't found it already I'll look for it shortly.

2. royster

royster New Member

I commend you sitting through his drivel . I'm a washed out mess from the sidelines. Prob not going to get employee of the month either ��
    I got drawn to this case two years ago due to my sister . So many similarities with husbands. I worry a lot. You can lead a horse to water but can't force it to drink... The dickies must feel this way I bet. We have tried so hard to get my sister ( & kids) out but the pressure of financial worry and going by herself is too much . This is with the unconditional supportof 2 parents and 6 siblings and their partners . I feel so hard for women who feel this trapped. I believe a big worry in these situations is having to " share" custody with someone they know is a deranged moron.

3. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

From memory she was positively identified via dental records.

4. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

The constable said that the app hadn't been used, and that you would be stupid to say that it had. Toni said the sex was good but Gerard was an idiot. I see a theme here.
    Due to vodka I can't post links to either.

5. JK673

JK673 New Member

OMG......now I am PMSL......not fair!!

6. possumheart

Join the club

7. Neuromancer

Neuromancer New Member

Don't know about the blood gases but in the case of everything else the relevant tissue was missing or too decomposed to be assessed.

8. laserdisc10

laserdisc10 Active Member

and

So GBC lied before the court?

And it would seem Fuller was aware he lied ? And allowed GBC to repeatedly lie?

9. DrWatson

DrWatson Verified Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon

It was installed, but the logs showed that it had NOT been used that morning. At one of the bail hearings, I think it was Judge Peter Applegarth commented that to claim that you'd used the app, when it clearly had NOT been used, would have to be pretty stupid - or words to that effect.

Super-searcher Marly can probably find the quote.

I was a bit surprised that Todd Fuller, while talking about how the app had "failed him that morning when he needed it most" didn't make that point.

10. Doidy

Doidy Member

Ditto

11. DrWatson

DrWatson Verified Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon

No blood gases after 11 days, NM. At least, none that would have the slightest meaning.

12. Tangled_Web

Tangled_Web Active Member

This interchange between Todd Fuller and GBC today really got to me. GBC seemed vague on when he learned a body had been found vs when he discovered for certain it was Allison. Fuller seemed to push him on this a little.

To me, GBC seemed to be suggesting that "of course he knew it was Allison" --- adding something like "a body had been found and it was at ..." [in my mind he then seemed to correct himself/backtrack ever so slightly and say "it was at that meeting" when I almost was expecting him to say it was at [a particular location] and that's how he knew.

Did anyone else who was there get this at all? It has stayed with me all day. Did he come this close to slipping-up? Or perhaps I just read too much into it. Dunno.

13. possumheart

The way Gerard has described his life, Allison was a prop, a front, part of his snake oil show. As said prop, he was going on to the next act - the widower snake oil show. Under the bridge was clever, he had been to a cult siege at a rental property in that area with the police. Out in the boondocks of Brisvegas, an alien place with secrets.

14. royster

royster New Member

Ha- due to red wine I understand !

15. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Wow Marly, when did you become a super moderator? I've been so engrossed I never really noticed until now. Well I don't think I saw that before.

Maybe a verrrry belated congratulations but here comes the crackers....listen and watch

:thewave::thewave::thewave:

:party::party::party::party:

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:
    :fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

16. Snails

Snails New Member

My thoughts exactly.

17. laserdisc10

laserdisc10 Active Member

It is surprising. Maybe Fuller is saving it for later. The jury can't know what it isn't told

18. KG1

KG1 Registered user

Since his case and the striking off of Provocation as a defence, a new one has been used - Defensive Homicide. Now that is about to be abolished as a defence in Victoria, as the use of it to date has been as a replacement to the defence of Provocation. And yes, you guessed it - murdering husbands/partners/boyfriends have used it successfully to obtain reduced sentences, such as 7-8 years instead of 15+ years. Great that it is to be abolished in my view.

19. Liadan

Liadan Well-Known Member

Troops - Todd was calm but has a quick questioning format down pat. He fires these questions off in rapid succession and they don't necessarily have to do with anything he has been previously talking about. So its like,
    I put it to you at 4pm you purchased baked beans from Woolworths? And of course you were calling your best mate Bruce at 5am right?

And by the time he has gotten to the third question GBC is struggling to bring the lie around to match the truth and keep the questions going. Fuller is aggressive but not overtly - simply dominating from his voice. His body language was strong and mostly passive but not passive aggressive.

Fuller was incredibly powerful today. His persona took over when he was questioning the witnesses from the defence. Basically these guys needed to go home and lick their wounds after Fuller had dissected them. One would think Mr Fuller had a degree in toxicology the jargon and depth of conversation that he was able to engage with the expert. Stunning!

Fuller NEVER raised his voice, he was articulate, in that he never said ummm or hesitated when he asked a question. Sometimes he even took his own sweet time to ask. But usually it because he was about to lauhch into those rapid fire questions but just in a simple conversation voice that really - it really troubled GBC - and got him unstuck quite a bit.

When he was summing up GBC was very irritated by his questions, (Fuller-) I put it to you that you smothered your wife, she scratched you and you dragged her body to the car port where she picked up the plant material and you then took her to Kholo creek. Well GBC was drinking his water and denying the truths all over the place.

Danny was great too - but forgive me the Umm factor was annoying, but I think it is part of his 'way'. He looks slow and help me out here - I am not catching on to this and BANG he blows their witness. Well that is what happened to the last guy on the stand today.

Not sure this is what you were after troops, I was so impressed with Fuller and Boyle today, they were undeniably professional and so brilliantly damming with their cross examinations!

20. frustrated detective

frustrated detective Member

Now that GBC has finally stopped talking there is something that should be noted:

NOT ONCE IN ALL THAT MONOLOGUE DID HE SAY SOMETHING LIKE - 'I MISS

ALLISON SO MUCH' or 'IT'S SO AWFUL THAT THE GIRLS DON'T HAVE THEIR

MOTHER!'

Why, I wonder?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.