The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defence uses Prosecution's shovel....

Fuller: when did you find out Allison was found. Gerard: 30th, we were at the office, a media report came through #badenclay

So he knew it was Allison from the media report.

ha ha

If that would have been my family, I would have droped everything and gone to Kholo Bridge.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 26m

Gerard says yes, there were "a number" of people he went to for sex "and we've talked about some of them". #badenclay

Wait, what? Some being Toni, Jacqui, and Michelle, so who else was there? If those 3 were all there were, wouldn't he have said "we've talked about all of them"..????

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 19s

Fuller: so that was about managing your business. Gerard: was concerned about my wife but had business too #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 45s

For example, he says, he made calls to re-arrange his appointments #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 55s

He also called other friends about a house for sale. #badenclay says he was worried about his wife, but also his business.

Business as usual!!!

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 11s
Gerard says no, they were self inflicted. It just didn't seem relevant. #badenclay

As others have commented, this is mighty interesting. Pretty much confirmation right there that the scratches weren't self inflicted.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 15s
Gerard says he spoke to Allison about Toni, but not about "any of the other women I had a relationship with". #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 40s
Gerard says yes, there were "a number" of people he went to for sex "and we've talked about some of them". #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 1m
Gerard says he and Allison went through a period of nine years with hardly any intimacy. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 28s
Fuller says he'd gone to counselling, made promises, but his behaviour hadn't changed at all. Gerard says it had. #badenclay

I don't know why hasn't occurred to me before, but I would almost guarantee that he frequented brothels.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 13s
Gerard says he has only been in an altercation twice. Once as a 10 year old standing up for a friend. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 21s
Gerard says he was never violent to his wife. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 33s
Cross has finished. Byrne QC back on his feet. #badenclay

Under intense cross examination and he still manages to let everyone what a Good Guy Greg he is. Steve more like you <modsnip>

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 14s
Gerard says the second time was defending another friend from a bully when he was 12. He says he's never thrown a punch. #badenclay

Time to roll out the yellow skip please Marly!

I wonder if GBC engaged the services of prostitutes when money was flush? Or was he more content messing with people's lives & relationships?

Snap Camp Chair!

You'd have to wonder why they even bothered to have this bloke up there
So they can say they tried..

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear..... another pig reference....lol

Allison Baden-Clay had been prescribed the anti-depressant Zoloft.

Allison Baden-Clay had been prescribed the anti-depressant Zoloft. Photo: Andrew Meares

12:22pm: Mr Byrne asked Dr Robertson to comment on the adverse affects of the anti-depressent drug Zoloft of which the active component in the Serotonin.

Dr Robertson said elevated levels of Serotonin could cause "Seratonin toxicity" or "Serotonin syndrome" in patients.

"When you get too much of this drug you can get cases of more profound confusion, increased agitation, unusual behaviours ... elevated temperatures," he said.

Dr Robertson said the drug could promote "suicide ideation" in people using the medication.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-14-week-4-20140702-3b76w.html#ixzz36H5zpP4W

Caroline Overington &#8207;@overingtonc 38s

Had Allison been alive with that level of drug in her body, he would have expected very confused behaviour #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 27s

Stomach contents inconsistent with ingestion of significant quantity of drug shortly before death - Dr Robertson #badenclay

I'd say that GBC has probably sold the Lorna Jane's on ebay to help pay for his defence. He would no doubt no exactly what they cost as he probably had to sign off on all of ABC's expenses.

Incontinence on or immediately after death is certainly not uncommon, particularly if it has been a violent death. So yes, those PJs may well have held vital clues. And likewise for transporting a body.

Sadly doc I can attest to that. My mother suffered a severe stroke in the middle of the night and even though I was only a little girl I still remember when the paramedics transferred her to the trolley, I was shocked that she was urinating even though she was in a coma. Isn't it strange how these things stay with us for 50 or so years. She only lived a few more hours and yet it was this that stayed with me.

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou 1m

Dr Robertson says Allison's stomach contents were inconsistent with ingesting significant quantity of Sertraline before death. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou 38s

Dr Robertson has been excused. #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 27s

Dr Robertson has finished giving evidence #badenclay

Defence witness Dr Mark Schramm has been called to the stand. #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 26s

Defence witness Dr Mark Schramm called to give evidence #badenclay

Time to roll out the yellow skip please Marly!

I wonder if GBC engaged the services of prostitutes when money was flush? Or was he more content messing with people's lives & relationships?

Never... Gerard would never ever pay for sex.. it would be an offense. His whole scenario is getting everything for free.. Gerard opening his wallet ? no way..

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou 1m

Dr Robertson says Allison's stomach contents were inconsistent with ingesting significant quantity of Sertraline before death. #badenclay

Yup...!!!!!

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou 39s

Dr Schramm is a psychiatrist with 20 years experience. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou 22s

Dr Schramm says a lot of his work is in forensic psychology. #badenclay

Defence witness Dr Mark Schramm has been called to the stand. #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 26s

Defence witness Dr Mark Schramm called to give evidence #badenclay

Ive already decided to be deaf to Dr Shramms stuff..... I know I am going to be offended by it.

Correlation factor. Do depressed people not on anti-depressants have a higher suicide rate than depressed people taking anti-depressants. Isn't it a function of depression rather than a function of ant-depressants?

I can't answer completely, but i know many antidepressants have suicidal ideation as a side effect, in particular when coming off them. Some drugs need to be carefully withdrawn from your body or you get nasty side-effects including suicide. It's why they say don't just stop taking them. A lot of people have taken antidepressants then felt better so stopped, only to kill themselves.

***note this is only from my own reading and i am not a healthcare professional***

ETA: However I am a professional psych patient LOL

12:39pm: Dr Robertson has been cross-examined by Crown prosecutor Todd Fuller QC.

Mr Fuller suggested the levels of the drug Sertraline, sold as Zoloft, found in Mrs Baden-Clay's body did not cause her death.

"I can't necessarily agree with that completely," Dr Roberston said.

He said the could be various explanations for the elevated levels of Sertraline found in Mrs Baden-Clay's decomposing body.

"Whether they indirectly had involvement, I don't know," Dr Robertson said.

Mr Fuller said the levels of Sertraline in Mrs Baden-Clay's body was not consistent with levels typically reported in Sertraline-related deaths.

"Correct," Dr Robertson said.

Dr Robertson has been excused.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-14-week-4-20140702-3b76w.html#ixzz36H79hPAQ

Caroline Overington &#8207;@overingtonc 53s

He was thinking: if I have to take Allison to hospital or something, I might not get to these appointments #badenclay

Caroline Overington &#8207;@overingtonc 26s

So it was normal enough to try to get things organized #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 38s

Fuller: when did you find out Allison was found. Gerard: 30th, we were at the office, a media report came through #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 18s

Gerard says he must have called his lawyer Darren Mahony, who recommended they meet in the city #badenclay

Because a devistated husband can drive a car and go and meet people after finding out his wife is in fact dead.... :facepalm:

I'd say that GBC has probably sold the Lorna Jane's on ebay to help pay for his defence. He would no doubt no exactly what they cost as he probably had to sign off on all of ABC's expenses.

It crossed my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member