The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really perplexed as to why GBC chose to tell the court that he was a serial (and concurrent) philanderer above and beyond the 3 we knew about already. I thought that maybe the prosecution knew of the other affairs already - but wouldn't it have come up by now (no pun intended)?
Or, was he just showing off???

Either way, it seems like a pretty damming admission, that reinforces that GBC is the modsnip that we already knew he was. I hope that this further helps the jury see that he isn't the nice guy he purports to be.

Might it have something to do with painting TMcH as obsessed and volatile and wanting him to divorce Allison and move in with her? Thereby distancing himself from any 'relationship' with her or wanting a future with her? (i.e. to me she wasn't special at all, but she was obsessed with me see)
Creating reasonable doubt re motive?

Another point about suicide is that the majority of people who commit suicide tell people that they are feeling this way. Allison never discussed this with her family, friends or psychologists as far as I am aware.

In my experience, it's a question that professionals outright ask you. "Have you ever thought about suicide?"

So now the jury have four and a half days to stew on it all. And I assume that they're not allowed to read newspapers, watch TV, go on the Internet, or talk to anybody.

Are they being kept in solitary confinement until then?

Errr - let's get a bit realistic here. They're going to talk - among themselves, to their families, they're going to watch TV and read the papers, they're going to be checking their emails - and just happen to check a few bits and bobs on the net while they're at it? They might even do a bit of serious research for themselves into sertraline, depression, crêpe myrtle, or whatever.

But surely they could have done the defence and prosecution closing addresses tomorrow and Friday, and perhaps even the judge's summing up too. Then lock 'em in the hotel to start their deliberations over the weekend?

Probably avoiding the expense of the weekend hotel thing. Govt' cost cutting/consideration for the jury, etc

Makes me wonder how long they'd actually need. If I were in that jury i'd be saying "guilty - not changing. I"ll be over here with a good book"

Might it have something to do with painting TMcH as obsessed and volatile and wanting him to divorce Allison and move in with her? Thereby distancing himself from any 'relationship' with her or wanting a future with her? (i.e. to me she wasn't special at all, but she was obsessed with me see)
Creating reasonable doubt re motive?

probably issuing a subtle invitation to the blokes back in Cell Block B that he would be moving up to the Hard Section of prison soon and they better start sending their bids in... after all, in the immortal words of Gerard..' I just wanted sex.. '

Just get us to the closing address....

I cannot wait for QC Fuller to have the last word!!!

So now the jury have four and a half days to stew on it all. And I assume that they're not allowed to read newspapers, watch TV, go on the Internet, or talk to anybody.

Are they being kept in solitary confinement until then?

Errr - let's get a bit realistic here. They're going to talk - among themselves, to their families, they're going to watch TV and read the papers, they're going to be checking their emails - and just happen to check a few bits and bobs on the net while they're at it? They might even do a bit of serious research for themselves into sertraline, depression, crêpe myrtle, or whatever.

But surely they could have done the defence and prosecution closing addresses tomorrow and Friday, and perhaps even the judge's summing up too. Then lock 'em in the hotel to start their deliberations over the weekend?

At the end of every day, the jury will be instructed that they must not access any media re the case, nor discuss it with family or friends. They are not allowed to search anything they have heard during the process.
Believe me, the risk of doing so and being found out will deter them from doing so.

Harking back to the hiatus in the trial , when the prosecution finished it's presentation of witnesses, and the jury was excused for some time, just before Mr Byrne gave us Gerards potted version of events..

I believe that interim was significant, and we will hear more about what was legally argued in that time.. ..

Yes, and also about other periods of legal arguments, including part of those held briefly just now.

This is annoying. It's like because Allison had depression at one point that they are trying to forever mark her as majorly depressed and a suicide risk. What about the fact that she was doing better, that everyone that actually met her said that. That she had been on Zoloft for ages and never attempted suicide. That the greatest risk of suiciding from the drugs is within the first few weeks of taking them which was years ago. That even at her most depressed those doctors that met her didn't think she was a risk. That she asked for help when she needed it. That the recent help was about her marriage not her depression. That even so being sad or having an off day or something upsetting you today doesn't mean that you have clinical depression or might suicide just because you had depression when you were pregnant. That it's unlikely she'd take too much meds as she didn't need 'more' because she wasn't 'more' sad she was less sad which is why her prescription hadn't been filled as often. That that drug is hard to kill yourself with. To say that she didn't just take too much but that she took enough not just to feel a bit sick or have a reaction needing assistance but to actually kill her is nuts!

How about too that she wasn't found slumped over on the couch, in bed, or in Brookfield. That she was FOUND 14 KM OR SO AWAY!!! That she didn't get there by car. That she could not realistically have walked all that distance to sit under a bridge and take pills. That she wouldn't have walked all those hours and not been seen. That she wouldn't have walked all those hours and not changed her mind somewhere along the way because of her daughters. She did not take pills then manage to walk that distance without being seen and then just quietly die in Kholo creek. She did not walk all that way to Kholo creek and take pills No way!

Yes and her psychologists/psychiatrists all responded that she had not.

That's right. She put her hand up and took responsibility for her self improvement and her condition and wanted help. There was no reason for her to lie about it if she had considered it. There's no doubt in my mind that she would have been upfront and told them if she had thought about it, even fleetingly.

Sadly doc I can attest to that. My mother suffered a severe stroke in the middle of the night and even though I was only a little girl I still remember when the paramedics transferred her to the trolley, I was shocked that she was urinating even though she was in a coma. Isn't it strange how these things stay with us for 50 or so years. She only lived a few more hours and yet it was this that stayed with me.

SO sorry you had to witness that at such a young age. :hug:

Charmer isn't he:puke:
The comments of more than 3.. or 'others' as GBC put it, reminds me of something I was told way back in the early days of the investigation. It is classed as rumour- though came from someone within the investigation originally, so I won't go into details. But it is a subject that was very briefly touched on at some point in the earlier threads of here- as I believe there were some rumours circulating about it. Would fit with multiple 'others' (key swapping, that sort of thing).. Don't know if its true, but maybe it fits.

Edited to add.. hope this is allowable or else I guess I'll be <modsnipped> too.

Unfolding, just wondering if you've ever been to the Brookie Ball?

Was the GBC-TM portrait touched upon by Fuller, can anyone remember?

Don't tell me GBC didn't intend for Allison to learn about that

As to 'volatile, unpredictable' TM --- I'm laughing. Failed attempt to put TM in the frame by GBC

It was TM who turned to water when she saw Allison at the gym. And wouldn't surprise me one bit if Allison went to that gym on purpose, as in 'bring it'

Allison was feisty. She just chose her battles. I'm tired of defence witnesses attempting to portray her as milk and water

Allison ripped his face to shreds, lol. Good on you, Allison :)

I think he deleted the incoming call logs showing TM made calls to him on 19th, because that was habit. But he forgot about the one he made to TM's office at 14:43 on the 19th. I wish the prosecution had pushed that idea.

probably issuing a subtle invitation to the blokes back in Cell Block B that he would be moving up to the Hard Section of prison soon and they better start sending their bids in... after all, in the immortal words of Gerard..' I just wanted sex.. '

GBC does have a new audience these days and must be considering how he appears to them if they're to be his future besties.
I hadn't thought of this motivation as to why he added a few rungs to his bed post today.

One minute big noting himself, the next playing victim...
That should work just as well for him in prison, if he's into that kind of thing: he seems into and up for everything else.

jmo

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou 1m

Dr Robertson says Allison's stomach contents were inconsistent with ingesting significant quantity of Sertraline before death. #badenclay

And he is the DEFENCE witness?

Playing the suicide card is all they had, The defence had nothing and no one to testify in GBs favour.

I had post natal depression and was in a psychiatric hospital with my newborn daughter for the first 7 weeks of her life and didn't feel remotely normal until she was about 6 months old...... I've suffered with anxiety my whole life and had bouts of depression and I had thought about suicide but would never actually do anything about it. Especially having a daughter, the thought of someone bringing up my daughter in place of me is more than enough to stop you putting the thought into action.

For Allison to have not had those thoughts and have had 3 beautiful daughters, I am not convinced that she would have left them without her and the possibility if TM stepping in and taking her role as mother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member