The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
GBC does have a new audience these days and must be considering how he appears to them if they're to be his future besties.
I hadn't thought of this motivation as to why he added a few rungs to his bed post today.

One minute big noting himself, the next playing victim...
That should work just as well for him in prison, if he's into that kind of thing: he seems into and up for everything else.

jmo

I've wondered what sexual perversions he was attempting to foist on Allison ever since reading where, in her diary, she asks herself if she's 'too prudish'

Lucky I'm not a judge. I think I'd have flung my gavel by now.

Yes and her psychologists/psychiatrists all responded that she had not.

The thing that riles me re suggestions of suicide with Allison - from all reports she was a considerate person. Probably too considerate - she thought about everyone else before herself to the degree that she was utterly exploitable by a manipulative narcissist.

Surely even if she considered suicide in some extreme instance (which nearly everyone does at some point, surely, however briefly, as a possible solution to some bad situation, but normally takes the next step of finding reasons not to and looking at other options) her considerate nature would make her think "I couldn't do that to my parents/kids/friends" and she'd move on to other solutions for her problems. Unless she was subject to such extreme enduring, emotional distress that the pain of staying alive and experiencing that was overwhelming, which does not fit with the woman described in the days before her death.

So now the jury have four and a half days to stew on it all. And I assume that they're not allowed to read newspapers, watch TV, go on the Internet, or talk to anybody.

Are they being kept in solitary confinement until then?

Errr - let's get a bit realistic here. They're going to talk - among themselves, to their families, they're going to watch TV and read the papers, they're going to be checking their emails - and just happen to check a few bits and bobs on the net while they're at it? They might even do a bit of serious research for themselves into sertraline, depression, crêpe myrtle, or whatever.

But surely they could have done the defence and prosecution closing addresses tomorrow and Friday, and perhaps even the judge's summing up too. Then lock 'em in the hotel to start their deliberations over the weekend?

There is more legal argument to happen on Friday at 10 am. Plus lots of preparation and organising to do to prepare for not only closing arguments but Judges address. All 3 (Pros, Def & Judge are very open and transparent about fairness and consequences of what will be contained in their respective Closing Addresses. And also arrangements re adequate provision of transcripts for the jury both electronically and hard copy. Legal argument today was fascinating as usual.

Those that don't leave note when they suicide usually suicide where they can be found pretty quickly, yes? They don't walk 14km to a bridge, on a moonless night, with little to no street lighting. They drive to the story bridge and jump off that, or hang themselves in their own home. der!!

Not really. Read of two cases, one a girl and one a man who both went long distances by walking, taking train, etc. And jumped from the George Washington Bridge between NY and NJ. Both were found weeks later.

ALso a French or German girl abroad, I think in England, took a long train ride to commit suicide in the middle of the woods. Was found by strangers.

But I do not think Allison jumped from or layed under that bridge to die.

So... who thinks he will be found guilty?

Quite a lot do...:)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248091"]POLL: What do you think the verdict will be - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I've wondered what sexual perversions he was attempting to foist on Allison ever since reading where, in her diary, she asks herself if she's 'too prudish'

I just took that to be in response to G saying TM was very different.
Call me a prude too, but parking lots outside coffee shops don't exactly do it for me either.

There is more legal argument to happen on Friday at 10 am. Plus lots of preparation and organising to do to prepare for not only closing arguments but Judges address. All 3 (Pros, Def & Judge are very open and transparent about fairness and consequences of what will be contained in their respective Closing Addresses. And also arrangements re adequate provision of transcripts for the jury both electronically and hard copy. Legal argument today was fascinating as usual.
What type of legal argument happens on Friday???

Dark thought but it suggests to me men like GBC without the money and status are given to fill the void sexually without consent.

As in the male who raped then took Jill Meagher's life, drove her body to a remote location to hide it and what he'd done.

Socio-economics being the difference

jmo

Please, everyone, if your spouse is a philandering git, don't hide it from everyone. They have to deal with the consequences.

"Dr Robertson says this can lead to increased agitation, unusual behaviours, confusion, problems with muscle control"

Guess she did well to walk all those km with poor muscle control ;S

What type of legal argument happens on Friday???

To do with preparing final address and certain things allowed and not allowed. Will elaborate more tonight.

Dark thought but it suggests to me men like GBC without the money and status are given to fill the void sexually without consent.

As in the male who took Jill Meagher's life.

Socio-economic difference?

jmo

The creature who took Jill Meagher's life was another misogynist, imo. Hated women. Raped them to show how -- in his opinion -- that's all they were worth. Then graduated to raping and killing them. In his mind, he was the powah, the decider, free to use women and toss them aside like used tissues, especially a woman like Jill Meagher whom he'd otherwise never get the chance to even speak to

I'm firmly of the belief creatures like Adrian Bayley should be exterminated

Now this part is finished if gererd changes his plea do they go back to court straight away or do they have to wait till Monday? I doubt he will but just wondered :)

Pro tip for future defendants on the stand: Thou shalt not snark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater