The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 30th June - Trial Day 12, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh heaven help us, he's doing crocodile imitations again.. Hope they have a bucket ready for when he starts going for the 'oscar'.

New record for crying........less than 10 mins in & he's already blubbering away :banghead:

Funny how her depression coincides with his first infidelity. Maybe GBC has the cause and effect mixed up

10:10am: He said he was often called home during the day by Allison.

But their communication deteriorated, he said.

"Unfortunately, it deteriorated quite dramatically and the reason for that was because Allison was putting a lot of her best efforts into the children ... and on one hand that was great ... but that effort and also if we ever went out her 'putting on the facade of being together' was very draining for her," he said.

"We communicated less and less and less."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html#ixzz364pFc2IB

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 1m
#badenclay gets emotional as he recalls Allison's depression. "She was a blurrier version of herself". @7NewsBrisbane

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m
Gerard #badenclay is struggling to maintain composure when saying "she was just like a .. sort of a blurry image of herself." @9NewsBrisbane

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 37s

Gerard says the anti-depressants caused Allison to lose her libido and their sex life became non existent. #badenclay

Gerard says Allison wanted to have a boy for his sake, to carry on the Baden-Clay name.

Gerard: Allison just really wanted to have a son. I really didn't want another child. #badenclay

From back in June 2012...

June 16, 2012

However he provided a rare insight into his family life in November 2008, when he recounted his week as a sole parent, while his wife enjoyed a rare retreat from the demands of motherhood to celebrate her 40th birthday.

He spoke of his exhaustion, his failure to wash a single load of laundry and the mundane responsibilities that come with parenthood.

"The past week I have been trying to do my best impersonation of my dear wife – and struggling!" he wrote.

"I thought that I was pretty in tune with the day-to-day routine, but I can honestly say that this week has given me a real insight into the challenges of managing a family.

"Waking up, getting dressed, having breakfast, making lunches, getting to school, collecting from school, bath, cook dinner, eat dinner, homework, teeth, bed! And that doesn't include any extracurricular activities like ballet, swimming and music!

"And, I haven't done any vacuuming, dusting, cleaning or a single load of washing!

"Despite these challenges (and the associated exhaustion!), I have enjoyed some wonderful times with my children both individually and collectively.

"Whether it be a few minutes playing in the park, a snatched moment whilst getting them ready for bed, or just the simple pleasure of talking about life whilst driving to and from school, kindy and a host of other activities!

"The startling revelation personally, has been the realisation that I am NOT superman after all!"

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ed-murderer-20120615-20fa5.html#ixzz364p9wwLe

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 6s

Gerard says after the "challenges" of Allison's previous pregnancies and the financial pressures, he wasn't keen. #badenclay

Gerard says Allison came quite depressed about not having another child. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Our sex life became non existent and she put on weight - Gerard #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 57s
She wanted a boy for my sake, she wanted to continue the #badenclay name @couriermail

yeah, well we gathered that Gered. smh

Jamie McKinnell ‏@jamie86 1m

#badenclay crying as he talks about how much Allison wanted to give him a son "she wanted to continue the BC name" @NewsTalk4BC

:furious:

Gerard: I just wanted to make her happy. I always just wanted her to be happy. He is crying again. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 15s

Gerard: As soon as she found out she was pregnant, her mood lightened immeasurably. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 23s
Gerard still emotional on the stand. Speaking through tears, 'I just wanted to make her happy.' #badenclay

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m
Gerard #badenclay is wiping tears from his eyes when describing how Allison wanted a son "for his sake" @9NewsBrisbane

New record for crying........less than 10 mins in & he's already blubbering away :banghead:

I wish this was televised. Then I think we would have a better chance of reading body language. I'm aware that no one here really agrees with me and that's okay, but maybe he is actually upset. Or maybe I'm naive.

10:14am: Mr Baden-Clay has removed his glasses and wiped tears from his eyes with a white handkerchief.

10:13am: Mr Baden-Clay has broken down in the witness box.

"She became much more withdrawn during that period," he said.

"She was just a like, like a, blurrier image of herself ...

"Our sex life basically became non-existent and she did put on weight."

He said those outcomes could have been the result of her anti-depressant medication.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html#ixzz364pvZfWA

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
But #badenclay says at that period "she was just like a, sort of a blurrier image of her self if that makes sense." @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 48s
#badenclay says zoloft was helping Allison, but she put on weight and their sex life was non-existent. @abcnews

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 54s
Q: At this time, had you been faithful to Allison?' No #badenclay

Jamie McKinnell ‏@jamie86 48s

#badenclay now being asked about his infidelity "I just wanted sex". More tears @NewsTalk4BC

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou

Asked why he cheated on Allison, Gerard says in tears "I just wanted sex". #badenclay

:tantrum:

Why? Very long pause, then, 'I just wanted sex.' #badenclay

Michelle Hammond worked with Gerard in real estate. They had an affair for a month #badenclay

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 1m
#badenclay is asked why he wasn't faithful to Allison between 2nd and 3rd child. "I just wanted sex". @7NewsBrisbane

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 25s

Gerard says he cheated with a woman from work. It lasted a month. "We both wanted it for the same reasons - just the sex." #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73