The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 30th June - Trial Day 12, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, living with Gerard could cause PTSD.

That's actually likely very accurate. Complex post-traumatic stress disorder (c-ptsd) is common among women who experience prolonged exposure to emotional trauma.

http://outofthefog.net/Disorders/CPTSD.html

Hi all. I'm still days behind you but just popped in for the latest... I so wish the marriage counselor they'd gone to had advised Allison to leave. :( I'm not a mental health expert, but there are (to me) so many red flags that Gerard was emotionally abusive.

I know full well no one can convince an abuse victim to leave a relationship - but especially in cases of emotional abuse (where mistreatment isn't overt) it can be extremely difficult for someone to see how toxic their relationship actually is.

Instead, it seems Allison was just given a bandaid to slap on a gangrenous wound.

JMO

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

3:51pm: Mr Byrne: "Were you giving much thought to your face at that time?"

Mr Baden-Clay: "No not at all, just cross with myself for having cut myself, that's all."

"It was probably around that time ... that I started to get concerned that she wasn't home yet, because she had that conference that she needed to go to. When I left the bathroom, I put her hot rollers on."

Mr Byrne: "Is that something you often did?"

Mr Baden-Clay: "Yeah ... I would often put the rollers on for her yes."

Mr Baden-Clay said his second daughter had woken by that time and dressed for school.

"I started getting the children ready for school and I think I texted Al," he said.

"Actually, I think I texted her before I had all the children up. And I tried calling more than I texted."

Mr Byrne: "What happened when you called the phone?"

Mr Baden-Clay: "It went through to her voice mail."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html#ixzz366CynDi2

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 18s
They sounded a bit panicked, Gerard says, so he tried to call a police officer he knew, but it went to an automated system so he hung up.

My goodness, GBC makes me sick to the core..
Why can't the Prosecution call some Gillette expert to stand as a technical consultant? There is plenty of demos showing that it is impossible to cut oneself with a modern razor. By the same token, can't they invite some professor of physics to explain why the body inquestion could in fact drift from the camp down to the Kholo bridge on a 2m tide?

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 53s

Gerard says he thought maybe he should give Sgt Watson a call, tried his office landline, it went to an automated service #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 27s

Gerard says he went out to look for Allison after his dad came over #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 16s

Gerard has been asked to show the court his shaving motion. #badenclay

Gerard says the razor was blunt, so he was pushing down on it. #badenclay

Gerard says he cut himself the second time trying to avoid the first cut. Then he did it a third time trying to miss first two.

Obviously as this was his only razor, he had conveniently shaved the rest of his face before this area. Surely after cutting himself 3 times he wouldn't have continued, and it doesn't say he did, but yet he was clean shaven?

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 4s

Gerard says his father turned up. His sister went out looking for Allison. #badenclay

3:54pm: The court has been shown a text message Mr Baden-Clay sent to his wife at 6.41am on April 20, 2012.

The text message read: "Al ,getting concerned. Where are you? The app doesn't say either? H and S up now. I'm dressed and about to make lunches. Please just text me back or call! Love, G."

Mr Baden-Clay said he tried to remain "as calm and as normal as possible" for the sake of his children.

"I didn't give them any indication there was anything untoward at that stage," he said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html#ixzz366Dr32Zt

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 14s
Gerard's sister was also looking for Allison by this stage #badenclay

He seems to have an answer for everything.

What if he actually didn't do it ? What if we've been so fixated on him and made the evidence fit the scenario.

No offence intended.

And that is how someone like him works - manipulates people into believing his furfies.....

His story sounds believable BECAUSE HE ACTUALLY BELIEVES IT HIMSELF.......

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 3s

Gerard says his dad stayed with the girls and he went out looking for Allison too. #badenclay

Gerard says he looked for 20 minutes to half an hour. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 53s

His sister Olivia was out looking, had asked where Allison normally walked #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m

#badenclay says he was trying to be as calm and normal as possible to give no indication to the girls that anything was untoward. @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now

Gerard says he pulled over and called his sister to ask if it was too early to call police. She said it wasn't. #badenclay

Gerard: I still didn't want to panic. He says he tried the police 13 number. It went to a recorded message. He called 000. #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m

#badenclay says he rang his parents to ask if they had heard from her. His father and sister Olivia came over immediately. @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 46s

#badenclay says his father stayed at house while he went out driving looking for her for about 20 mins. @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 10s

Gerard says Allison also asked again about his regret. He says he was very, very remorseful. #badenclay

Gerard says things were "perfectly normal". Those questions were not done in an aggravated way. She'd asked permission first. #badenclay

Asking permission outside the controlled alternate nights which allowed scheduled 15minutes (only) of questions?

Was this marriage also blessed with a Charter? Terms and Conditions?

All seems a bit unAustralian to me. Bit beyond my understandings of the vows, (even beyond : 'obey') and ONE piece of paperwork: the Marriage Certificate.

Hardly an organic/natural relationship (or usual response to a series of affairs discovered after many years occurrence - even with religion and a counsellor in one's back pockets)

Is this scenario typical of the usual ebbs and flows of two reasonable married people as GBC would (at times) have us think he and Allison were as a couple?

Requesting permission to speak to one's husband and permission to question him.... Really?

These snippets speak volumes to me about how their marriage worked behind closed doors.

He raised his palm to silence the three girls I recall from previous posts.

It doesn't scream murder or suicide but it must say much to someone more experienced and learned than myself and hopefully goes some way to helping everyone who cares to know and understand what happened to Allison. And why.

jmo

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 12s
His sister said no, so he looked up the number for the local police on his phone #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 42s
Gerard asked his sister: do you think it's too early to call the police? #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 3s

Gerard says he tried to call his friend Sgt Murray Watson for advice but couldn't get through. #badenclay

Oooh, oooh,.....NAMEDROP time. Let me name a cop I know so it looks less like I am trying to hide something....

Time for a CIDER methinks - I am getting way too cynical and sarcastic after reading GBCs dribble today.....

3:44pm: Snipped
Mr Baden-Clay: "No I have no recollection of that ... I have no recollection of whether or not Allison came to bed that night."

Mr Baden-Clay said he was a heavy sleeper but would wake if the children made "the slightest noise".

No you would be either a heavy or a light sleeper Not both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken