The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 30th June - Trial Day 12, Week 3

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JK673

JK673 New Member

I love how you say things Trooper - so to the point and EXACTLY what I am thinking but I am unable to verbalise it as such - LOVE IT! :floorlaugh:

2. Consider

Consider New Member

Nah They'll get a pat one the back, be shouted at the pub this Thursday night and are now up for promotions.

jmo

3. Timmy

Timmy Member

So... What are everyone's thoughts after today? No matter what we all might think about GBC and his behaviour .... I'm sure that nobody would want to see him found guilty IF he was innocent and no one would want to see him get off if he murdered Allison. At the end of the day all we can really hope for is JUSTICE.

4. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

my question would be.. what part of todays testimony, and the previous day's testimony, had truth in it? I mean verifiable rational truth.. not a version of, or an imagined part, but which part of any of it had the genuine ring of truth to it??

to simplify.. when was Gerard lying and when was he telling the truth?

5. frustrated detective

frustrated detective Member

6. Minerva

Minerva New Member

I am waiting to see how he fares under cross examination.

7. alioop

alioop Verified Attorney (AU)

We'll at least he was smart enough not to make up an explanation for the blood in the car! We were waiting for it!

8. Walk A Mile

Walk A Mile Member

Sorry if I missed it but...

Did anyone review the episode of The Good Wife that GBC referred to to see if "taking the fifth" was mentioned in that episode?

9. L_B

L_B Member

Yep, where are the waterworks?!

10. FirstTimer

FirstTimer New Member

oh puhleeeeeeaaaaaase what utter drivel

11. maverik1

maverik1 New Member

Setting my personal opinion aside, IMO, he is succeeding in creating reasonable doubt. Everything now hinges on the cross examination by the Prosecution. Fingers crossed they go for the kill!

12. Tishy

Tishy Liar, liar, pants on fire

I wonder what Gerrid thinks 'really happened?' What's his theory?

13. TootsieFootsie

TootsieFootsie Well-Known Member

On first glance I misread that as "someone called an ambulance" :smile:

14. Trooper

a reasonable doubt....that would be based on??

15. Forensics

Forensics Member

Well, he has confirmed by his own words that he is a liar.....the question is how many people has he lied to....Allison, Family, Toni, Business Partners, Friends, Medical Professionals, Counsellors, Police, Defence Attorneys, and/or Jury?

16. Amee

Amee Active Member

17. Trooper

thin air, tish.. she just walked off into the rising sun.. ..

the old thin air story..

18. alioop

alioop Verified Attorney (AU)

Yes I did and confirmed it was called something like Ham Sandwich and was on at that time and had lots of references to taking the fifth in it. I actually believe his explanation to be true about that. In his second bail application he signed a stat dec explaining it. This was pretty much all that was in the stat dec. he could have said so many other things in it but no, just this about taking the fifth explanation. That's why I think it's true as he didn't explain anything else just that. That and it was on Tv that night.

19. Amee

Amee Active Member

4:42pm Wrap: This afternoon ...

* Mr Baden-Clay demonstrated for the jury how he cut himself shaving on the morning he reported his wife missing, using a pink highlighter pen.

The court has previously heard from forensic experts who have said the injuries on Mr Baden-Clay's face were more consistent with fingernail scratches than cuts from a modern razor.

* The 43-year-old recounted his movements on April 19, 2012, telling the court he was bitten by a caterpillar while watching his children compete in a school cross-country carnival that day. He said an "itching scratch" spread over his chest.

* He fumbled, however, as he recalled the morning he reported his wife missing on April 20, 2012.

"I started getting the children ready for school and I think I texted Al," he said.

"Actually, I think I texted her before I had all the children up. And I tried calling more than I texted."

* Mr Baden-Clay also told the court he asked police how he could help search for his wife in the days after she disappeared but was told "in no uncertain terms" not to join the search.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html#ixzz366Tj1gqN

20. PrimeSuspect

PrimeSuspect Under the Milky Way

:facepalm:

I'm still catching up. :) Thank you wonderful retweeters and posters!! :loveyou:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.