The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 7th July - Trial Day 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 27s
Byrne says Dr David Wells also examined photographs of the scratches. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 49s
Dr David Wells did not examine Gerard, based opinion on photos - defence #badenclay

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 2m
Defence says witness agreed any sharp object dragged across the surface of skin could cause marks like #badenclay 's. @7NewsBrisbane

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 25s
Byrne is pointing out the limitations of experts whose opinions are that the marks are fingernail scratches, not shaving cuts #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 38s
Dr Wells had considerable difficulty accepting the marks could be from a razor - defence #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 46s
Byrne says Dr Wells said he had "considerable difficulty" reconciling scratches with razor. #badenclay

Sorry guys I really need to go for a few minutes. If someone can take over my tweeters that would be great. I'll be back soon.

Sorry Freya, I would but need to go out myself soon , I have a sick puppy :(

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 50s
Gerard's dad was a JP and former insurance salesman. He arranged insurance in 2000 for Gerard and Allison - defence #badenclay

Don't see the relevance of NBC being a JP. I'm a JP, and you can't act as one for family members anyway..

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 58s
Byrne to jury: use your common sense when thinking about the "shaving scrapes" on Gerard's right cheek. #badenclay

Can anyone take over from me for a bit? I have something I need to do

Freya I can help - who are you doing?

Update - thanks JK, you're all over it!

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 2m
Byrne says Dr Wells said he had "considerable difficulty" reconciling scratches with razor. #badenclay

Byrne says Dr Wells believed it could have been fingernails, could have been a number of other different things. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 41s
Byrne is now giving an overview of the scratch experts. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 16s
Byrne says Dr Stark said the only person who knows how injuries are caused are the people who were present. #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m
Byrne - Gerard's never deviated from the fact he did this shaving #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Gerard's evidence has always been he did this shaving - defence #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 44s
Byrne says tragically we only have one person to tell us. And Gerard has told us under oath how scratches were caused. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 7s
Byrne says the jury might think the injuries were caused by something other than a razor blade. That's not their role. #badenclay

The only person present when those injuries were inflicted was Gerard - defence #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 45s
You might think they were probably or likely caused by something other than a razor blade - defence #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 50s
Gerard's dad was a JP and former insurance salesman. He arranged insurance in 2000 for Gerard and Allison - defence #badenclay

Don't see the relevance of NBC being a JP. I'm a JP, and you can't act as one for family members anyway..

A sly implication of righteousness. IMOOOOOOOO

I used to work at Hngry Jacks, therefore I could now be a Chef..

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 30s
That's not you role. Your role is to exclude a razor, can't be done - defence #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 12s
Byrne says the Crown has to exclude the razor - and they can't. #badenclay

OK caught up

Byrne says Dr Wells believed it could have been fingernails, could have been a number of other different things. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 41s
Byrne is now giving an overview of the scratch experts. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 16s
Byrne says Dr Stark said the only person who knows how injuries are caused are the people who were present. #badenclay

Byrne - Gerard's never deviated from the fact he did this shaving #badenclay

Gerard's evidence has always been he did this shaving - defence #badenclay

BBM .....and one of them just happens to be dead

I'm back guys, I'll keep going with those tweets....too many and too fast for one person! Amee do you need me to do Caroline?

Then at the end of the day, all the lawyers go for drinks together.

The law is an *advertiser censored*, to quote Oliver Twist.

What are you suggesting the lawyers should do after the end of the proceedings? Continue to argue/ oppose each other?

Medical people working in hospital may have a similar dilemma. Dr A might be looking after a patient in bed 1 who has been assaulted, Dr B is looking after his assailant in bed 2. Should Drs A and B throw out their usual friendship and professional courtesy and start to fight and try to obstruct each other from tending to their patient(s)?

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 29s
Byrne: Consider scrapes carefully "This is so important. This is a murder trial. A person is on trial (for) his life for murder" #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 54s
Byrne having another go at media grabs and sensationalism #badenclay

Byrne having another go at media grabs and sensationalism #badenclay
That's not you role. Your role is to exclude a razor, can't be done - defence #badenclay

Byrne: Consider scrapes carefully "This is so important. This is a murder trial. A person is on trial (for) his life for murder" #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 37s
Prosecution wants to use marks for basis to show he has lied - defence #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 12s
Byrne says they jury must bear in mind that the scratches themselves do not convict Gerard. #badenclay

Maybe Allison had her friends dresses laid out in the back and he just dropped her body onto them. Who knows, but he had a few hours after the phone was back on charge to tidy whatever needed to be tidy and get rid of the evidence

Mrs Dickie knew it had been cleaned.
:praying:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Huge hugs for Allison's family and friends.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 42s
These scratches, whatever they are caused by, do not convict Gerard - defence #badenclay
That because he has lied he is guilty of murder - defence #badenclay
Prosecution wants to use marks for basis to show he has lied - defence #badenclay

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 1m
#badenclay defence re marks on face says GBC called police at a time when his face was 'open for all to see'. @7NewsBrisbane

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m

Defence "He called them (police)at a time his face was open for all to see, there was no attempt to conceal it." @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

He told you they were caused in a rush with an old razor - defence #badenclay
That's his account. Contrary to that you've heard from a series of experts - defence #badenclay

Defence: "Clearly Gerard Baden-Clay was not concerned about those marks. He never gave an alternative explanation." #badenclay

Well how on earth would he be expected to conceal them at this early stage. The only possible way I can come up with is by wearing a scarf pulled up around his jaws or a fake beard. He did nothing good by not trying to conceal them because there was nothing he could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998