The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 7th July - Trial Day 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
That because he has lied he is guilty of murder - defence #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 37s
These scratches, whatever they are caused by, do not convict Gerard - defence #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 45s
You don't leave out all the other things we've talked about - defence #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 37s
Byrne says you can't leave out that there is no supporting evidence as to how he could have killed her. #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 36s
Byrne: the cheek scrapes on their own are not enough to prove he killed her #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 58s
No supporting evidence how he could have killed her, how she died - defence #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 16s
Byrne says they shouldn't forget the lack of evidence in dressing her, transporting her body, leaving the children alone. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 1m

(Note: the Crown referred to Allison clawing at Gerard; this was duly reported) #badenclay

Again: this is a murder trial. The jury mustn't go by things in the newspapers, such as 'claw marks' #badenclay

The defence says the marks are in any case just one piece of evidence #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 4m

Has the Crown excluded that possibility, beyond a reasonable doubt? #badenclay

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 37s
Defence: marks do not convict #badenclay of murder...it does not prove that he is guilty of the charge. @9NewsBrisbane

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 50s
No supporting evidence how he could have killed her, how she died - defence #badenclay
You would not be satisfied razor blades could be excluded, that would be the end of that evidence - defence #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 55s
Byrne: these scratches, any way you look at them, do not and cannot themselves convict Gerard Baden-Clay of murder. #badenclay @abcnews

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
You would not be satisfied razor blades could be excluded, that would be the end of that evidence - defence #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 39s
"These scratches", however you look at them, cannot convict #badenclay of murder, defence says.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 43s
A eyewitness was next to Gerard when he was bitten or stung on the neck - defence #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 43s
Experts could not agree about these other injuries on Gerard's body - defence #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 48s

Yes, there were marks on Gerard's chest too but there is doubt about what caused these marks, too #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 49s

Gerard has said he scratched his own chest after being bitten by something #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 29s

At least one doctor says that's entirely possible #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 24s
Byrne says the experts could not agree on what the marks on Gerard's chest were. Some said bruises, others said abrasions. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 42s
Byrne says Dr Beaven had experience with shave biopsies and said they looked similar. #badenclay

A shave biopsy is NOTHING like a shaving cut! Only the name is similar!

To perform a shave biopsy, you pinch up a fold of skin and very deliberately SHAVE THE TOP OFF THE FOLD WITH A SCALPEL BLADE, to a depth of 1-2 millimeters.
It takes several seconds, and you have to have given the patient a local anaesthetic otherwise they will jump off the table and bolt out of the room with pain.
You also move carefully to keep the other hand out of the way of the scalpel otherwise you will have a cut on the opposite hand.
You certainly do not go back for a second or third go.

IMO what Dr Beaven meant to communicate by comparing the wounds to a shave biopsy was that they were COMPLETELY different from shaving cuts and the mechanism was one of deliberate, unhurried and deep slicing through the skin.

He could have asked any GP or even senior medical student about this one instead of appearing uninformed and grasping at straws.

If he found a you-tube video of someone actually performing a shave biopsy, and watched it, he would not have used this in his argument. It is not doing the defence case any favours.

If I'm wrong, I'll bounce through Queen Street wearing a built-in-bra... but IMO I think GBC will be found guilty. I think the gutless so & so suffocated Allison as she slept, her breathing already hindered by cold/asthma. I think he planned to kill her. I think he laid in bed in the nights prior listening to a 'snorky' Allison trying to breath as she slept. I think he entertained the thought of 'how easy would it be....' before the night in question. I don't think GBC had the guts to attack Allison in such a way that would extinguish her life while awake & better poised to defend herself - or offer eye contact. I think it's possible the tv was going in the bedroom that night to muffle any noise. I also can't forget the sleeping mask that Constable Kellie took possession of (along with iPhone for Dummies book) from the house in Brookfield. I've wondered whether Allison wore that mask in bed sometimes to help her sleep if GBC watched late night tv in bed or had bedside lamp on reading. All JIMO and how things fall into place in my mind.

:giggle:

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 30s
Byrne is now discussing the evidence of mental health issues. #badenclay

Oh no, back to 1997 again.....?

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 45s

So, if Gerard did not kill Allison, what other possibilities are there for her death? #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 23s
Byrne: This is not done to demean Allison and the seriousness of her condition. Very important factual background. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 47s
Let us talk about mental health. This isn't done to demean Allison - defence #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 42s
Byrne will now discuss relevance of "mental health issues". "This is not done in any gratuitous or critical way (to Allison)." #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 43s

The jury is now looking at a slide where other possible scenarios are considered #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23