The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 7th July - Trial Day 15

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tangled_Web

Tangled_Web Active Member

I did notice that some people took their own lunch. I think you would be okay to take sandwiches in your bag.

2. BatWoman

BatWoman Member

Thanks tangled. I ended up deciding that bed was too warm and l had other things to do while I'm in town and couldn't afford a whole day in there when WS gives me such great coverage. :-(

3. LadyBird1

LadyBird1 Member

Alioop, this scenario sounds slightly more plausible than the one they were left to consider yesterday.
    I was actually thinking about exactly this (aliens, space craft, and an out of the blue abduction) when I wrote the summation post last night.
    The summation was as presented in court yesterday, ended up looking a bit loopy! IMO.

4. LadyBird1

LadyBird1 Member

Byrne didn't have much to work with, IMO.
    He tried hard, under instructions to present an innocent scenario. Hampered by Gerard's own long soliloquy.

5. Fuskier

Fuskier Well-Known Member

Morning Seeking. Thank you for your post. Just want to reassure you that I too have had similar questions about the legal ethics of the DT in trashing the victim in defense of the alleged murderer. I'm querying the merits of contacting the QLD DPP to enquire where to raise these concerns. It disturbs me too. My opinion only.

6. Chief of Funtime

Chief of Funtime New Member

I was thinking last night about how desperate I was for any news during the brad Murdoch trial ( Peter falconio disappearance ) and how there might be a bit of something on the news but I really had to wait for the weekend to get the big article in the papers . This is awesome . Thank you to all the tweet guys you are doing a great job . And thanks to websleuths . I really love to read what others are thinking. . I don't post much as I'm not so great with words but hope you can feel my gratitude . Thanks

7. Chief of Funtime

Chief of Funtime New Member

I was thinking last night about how desperate I was for any news during the brad Murdoch trial ( Peter falconio disappearance ) and how there might be a bit of something on the news but I really had to wait for the weekend to get the big article in the papers . This is awesome . Thank you to all the tweet guys you are doing a great job . And thanks to websleuths . I really love to read what others are thinking. . I don't post much as I'm not so great with words but hope you can feel my gratitude . Thanks

8. ollijack

ollijack Member

That's fantastic Fusker....thankyou for that....it is so damn unfair....I am so naïve I had no idea this happened....someone has a saying on the bottom of their page....This is a court of Law young man not a court of ...um ....is it justice....anyway.it is so bloody right...disgusting xxxxx
    :jail::jail::jail:

9. Mumma Bear

Mumma Bear New Member

Except for the pyjamas. He glossed over the one missing thing that was significant.

10. Freya1977

Freya1977 Well-Known Member

Even if Allison wanted to overdose, she didn't have enough tablets. Her last script was filled mid march, so she was due for a refill. The whole sertraline theory is complete hogwash anyway. They would have been better off trying to sell the idea that some random person killed her.

Why did Gerard never ask for justice to be served and the real killer be found? Why imagine a far fetched theory such as this? Ugh, the whole thing is very frustrating.

11. Freya1977

Freya1977 Well-Known Member

By the way, I can't do tweets today - work calls!

12. Fuskier

Fuskier Well-Known Member

Hearing all that yesterday from the DT was hard Total. They have 'trashed' Allison in defense of her alleged murderer. They were 'out of touch' with the multiple demands upon mothers today and used 'misogny' as their lens through which to view their defense. Our feelings of anger have meaning. It signals 'injustice'. My opinion only.

:grouphug:

13. Inspector

Inspector Member

I didn't know Allison personally, but have a good friend who did. I'm not a verified insider, so take what i say as you will. My friend said that A was the most lovely lady and a wonderful mother. She said her daughters were so well brought up, and that A strived to provide them with confidence and self-esteem, whilst loving them and raising them. Just wanted to add my insight, to counter the awful picture painted yesterday of the victim. Let's hope today has us all a whole lot closer to justice!

14. Inspector

Inspector Member

It felt like a public victim blaming, which is just horrendous.

15. Thinking

Thinking New Member

Completely agree LB. Byrne QC is clearly a very intelligent man. He was probably cringing the whole day yesterday. He isn't in an enviable position, and only being paid legal aid rates for his efforts!

16. Thinking

Thinking New Member

Ok Mr Fuller, vocal warm up time again - give me a C major (nothing minor today) arpeggio - la la la la la la laaaaa! Bring it on!

17. BritsKate

BritsKate Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, victim bashing is a global phenomenon. Kathy Savio was termed a hellcat. Michelle Young was sexually frigid after being raped in college. Nancy Cooper spent too much money. Kate Prout was an abusive alcoholic. Travis Alexander was a paedophile and physically abusive. Rachel Souza was painted as the murderer of her own child.

That's what each defence team put forward in their zeal to defend their clients. Revolting and infuriating. I personally believe it's an attempt to dehumanise the victim so a jury doesn't sympathise with them. In theory, making them less likely to convict the defendant.

However, I also believe most juries are far too intelligent to be swayed by such an underhanded tactic. Each of the aforementioned victims accused killers were convicted of their murders. Drew Peterson, Jason Young, Brad Cooper, Adrian Prout, Jodi Arias, and Neil Entwistle. (Jason Young and Brad Cooper are being granted new trials though after successful appeals. Lots of problems in North Carolina's criminal justice system.)

All JMO

18. Snails

Snails New Member

Court reporter Snails checking in for the morning session. Will send through my report when done. Looking forward to Todd Fuller squashing everything that was said yesterday, and then some.

19. Amee

Amee Active Member

Dr Schramm said the medication peaked at around 6 to 8 hours, roughly the time when she went to the hairdressers, Mr Byrne said. :waitasec:

About 4am, on the figures Dr Schramm gave you, the drugs would peak in her blood stream, the medication would be absorbed in her system, and was no longer present in her stomach, but we know the levels are in the blood

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226979525605

20. Amee

Amee Active Member

Sky News Australia ‏@SkyNewsAust 1h

Gerard Baden-Clay's defence team will finish summing up its case today, then prosecution will begin #badenclay (@liztilley84)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.