The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 8th July - Trial Day 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 2m
Fuller says Gerard decided which interest payments he would not make.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Gerard, in the dock 1m away, showing no emotion during prosecutor Todd Fuller's closing arguments to the jury

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
Fuller says Gerard needed to raise $300,000 to buy the rent role. Says you might think he had no real prospects of doing that.

Fuller says Gerard went to Bruce Flegg for money. He didn't want an equity partner. He wanted to be the success.

Fuller says Gerard's friends weren't going to lend him any more money.

Of course they knew.

Fuller says the business partners knew of the affair. One had let it slip.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 58s
Fuller says Gerard did not cash in his shares to pay the interest he owed his friends.

Gerard left his friends exposed. Do you not think that puts pressure on you. Do you walk away from your friends - Fuller

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 57s
Fuller says Gerard might have been able to walk away from his business, but do you walk away from your friends who you owe?

Holy modsnip, I can't believe this guy, Fuller could not possibly do a better job.

Outstanding work Mr Fuller.
I hope he too knows he has a little fan club and that a bunch of strangers really,really appreciate what he's doing.

Still feeling a bit teary, but I'll be ok.

Widowed is separated I guess [emoji35]

I don't think he was ever going to leave Allison for Toni, he was also not about to finish things with Toni at that time, maybe later when he found someone new perhaps, but only when he wanted to finish the affair....the "I will be separated by July 1" was just blah blah blah BS from him, it kept Toni quiet for a bit longer, but this man wanted it all didn't he, the whole damn lot, family, lover(s), community standing, etc, the only problem was his wife didn't want a bar of all that, and something happened that night to make everything come crashing down in Ger's world, there was a trigger and we may never know exactly what the trigger was but there was one and Allison died

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 53s
Fuller says Gerard told Sue Heath he needed $300,000 or he was going to go broke, got emotional.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 55s
He approached Sue Heath in March, emotional, needed $300,000 urgently or would go bankrupt

the scathing idiocy of his business 'acumen' is probably more offensive and painful that anything else Our Man Todd has said for Gerard...

Fuller says Gerard's explanation for that was Sue asked him how he was and nobody ever asked that.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 52s
Where had his dream started? With him and his parents working together to build that business - Fuller

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m

"I would give anything if my partner would make love to me", Allison Baden-Clay's journal, August 2010. #badenclay

This is supposedly a woman with no sex drive because of the antidepressants.

This is where that business is now, on the phone asking for money from the local MP - Fuller

Fuller says Gerard's dreams for his business ended with him on the phone tearfully asking for money from the local MP.

4:23pm: "She fell for the Baden-Clay product and fell hard," Mr Fuller said of Ms McHugh.

"She was obviously in love with this man had endured three years of a relationship with him every day that was brought to an end in 2011 ... and he refuses to make contact with her.

"Then he comes back into her life and it [the affair] continues, but under different conditions."

"But she still is gracious enough to give him the out, but he doesn't take it."

The court has previously heard Ms McHugh and Mr Baden-Clay met at a Kelvin Grove coffee shop in 2012.

At the meeting Ms McHugh said: "If you want to be with you wife, be with her.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-16-week-5-20140708-3bjkw.html#ixzz36r6r2agF

Fuller says Gerard told police his wife had access to $20, that they were on the bones of their arse.

He can't afford to buy razor blades. He tells police 'we're on the bones of our arse' - Fuller

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 53s
What happens to his assets if he and his wife split - Fuller

Fuller says #badenclay told police in April 2012 "we're on the bones of our arse" financially. Couldn't afford to buy razor blades

Fuller asks what happens to assets if Gerard and Allison split?

His success has been illusory - Fuller

Fuller: There's no awards being handed out in 2011 and 2012.

There's no awards in 2011 and 2012 - Fuller

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 47s

Fuller says for #badenclay business success was elusive in 2012. There were real estate awards early on, but not now.

We wrote his close for him lol

Fuller says Gerard's explanation for that was Sue asked him how he was and nobody ever asked that.

That is another of the weird things that he said on the stand. I mean really? :laugh:

Fuller says there are those three pressures - marriage, mistress, business - and then Carmel Ritchie, counsellor, comes along #badenclay

Fuller says the three pressures are coming together - wife, business, mistress.

Add Carmel Rithie, counsellor, into the mix 16 April - Fuller

Fuller says then we add marriage counsellor Carmel Ritchie to the mix, three days before Allison disappears.

He tells her he wants to wipe it clean - Fuller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members