The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 8th July - Trial Day 16

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAAA

AAAA New Member

Yep Alioop, I must admit I have been a little dejected about the result until today hammered it home for me. I've even refrained from posting and was scrolling through and not thanking, as the defence was such a SNORE. Great result today. Thanks to you and Doc and all the members. Especially all the mad retweeters! Not to mention the very funny comments. Can't wait for tomorrow, cheers to you all.x

2. BatWoman

BatWoman Member

I really feel quite sick after today. I think it's because it's so real. To know everything Allison went through. To know that she fought the black dog and was trying to work out how to make her life work in the circumstances, only to have the person who promised to love and cherish her undermine her and unilaterally decide her life meant nothing. It's sickening. :anguish:

My heart goes out to Allison's family and friends. Justice will prevail.

3. privato

privato New Member

The A)triangulation of the phone's position, and the
    B)search for the phone using the app are two distinctly different processes IMO.

Process B was attempted from early'ish in the day by responding officers using GBC's phone.
    Process A occurred later in the day using other network based technology

Could be wrong, but that's how I understood it.

4. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

5. drsleuth

drsleuth Well-Known Member

Thank you for reporting in :happydance:

6. Amee

Amee Active Member

Sarah Elks @sarahelks · 6h

Prosecution - You might think it's odd that boxes of children's toys are in the back of the Captiva that day. 'A subtle touch' #badenclay

David Murray @TheMurrayD

Allison was going to the conference the next day, was to drop off dresses to friend, more unlikely she would put toys in the car #badenclay

7. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

My memory was the RSPCA was to pick them up.

8. BrissyLass

BrissyLass New Member

True, but we also know how good the man is at lying and telling people exactly what they want hear ...

9. AAAA

AAAA New Member

It just defies me how GBC could be so stupid to not leave the phone with the "suicide victim"? Big mistake. Clearly shows that he panicked, got rid of the phone and the suicide idea came later.

10. Susan12

Susan12 Member

Yes yes! So glad he mentioned that last one! Fuller was on fire! :jail:

11. Happygolucky

Happygolucky New Member

I agree that Fuller put on a consumate performance today and was very logical with his arguments. And thanks for the constact updates during the day. I am interested in the Judges summing up for the jury. My niggling doubt about reasonable doubt is subsiding but is still there. The main concern is how Alison was murdered. All the evidence seems to point she was smothered, probably in her bed. But I don't believe the air conditioners were on in April or that sound is hard to hear in a weatherboard house. Baby monitors can pick up when a baby is just starting to wake etc. but would GBC really risk the likely screams if he tried to smother Alison with all 3 daughters in the house? That is my dilemma.
    I also find him a very, very unsavoury character (quite a <modsnip> in fact) but the history of the 19th has GBC an involved father. He went to the girls cross country and to a parent teacher interview and attended a BBQ with them that day at his parents. One of the daughters described seeing him in pyjamas and shoes and said he was going to do the ironing. It appears that she did not think it was unusual that he was going to do the ironing. And I don't think it was disputed he made the lunches before sending the girls to school on the 20th. It does not ring 100% true in the middle of all this he murdered their mother and that the murder was pre-meditated.

And I also believe GBC is his own worst enemy. If he had not lied and embellished his history, some of his evidence may have given a better impression.

12. louisepiglet

louisepiglet Well-Known Member

I think the clothes Allison was found in were the clothes she was wearing that night watching television. The size of the tracksuit pants suggests they were worn for comfort, not for walking. Many people wear trackies to bed in winter.

13. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

The police send a signal to the phone, they can get an approximation of where the phone is by the cell towers it travels through. It gives the three nearest cell towers. They can garner information such as distance from the time it takes to send a signal back to them. Hope that helps.

14. Maigret

Maigret New Member

Children believe a father when he tells them something and don't always report it as unusual behaviour
    Smothering someone who is already half asleep would not involve much noise

15. Timmy

Timmy Member

I don't know that I'd place too much importance on attending the cross country and parent teacher interview... Probably just an opportunity for him to 'network' eg. Hand out business cards etc.

16. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

Yes, it's just a strange coincidence! :)

17. PlainJaneDoe

PlainJaneDoe Verified expert in neuroscience

You kidding?! I'm a fan now! :angel:

18. AAAA

AAAA New Member

I missed the bit of Bruce emailing from counselling? Years of speed reading didn't help today! What a lowlife?

19. Fly

Fly New Member

I actually asked my brother about this (he is a QPS cop) - why the sudden escalation in the case - CIB pretty much straight away etc..? He said it is an indicator that the cops were suspicious straight away probably of either GBC's demeanour, or the scratches, or both.

M (and my bro's) OO

20. wewillgetyou

wewillgetyou Active Member

Welcome. Yes this has been discussed both here and in during the trial. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.