The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 8th July - Trial Day 16

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColdFacts

ColdFacts New Member

My thanks button didn't work so I just had to say thank you Pastafarian for this delightful post! Well said!

2. kiwijayne

kiwijayne Well-Known Member

Thanks!!!! Sorry if I came across a bit strong :)

I lived the next road over in Deerhurst Rd.

3. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Exactly Timmy, that's the main reason real estate agencies get involved with charities, parents and social activities. All for the sake of being seen and recognised as the good guys.

4. Phantom's Diana

Phantom's Diana New Member

Concerned about the Insurance Policies and Premium enough to discuss it that same week!

5. Thinking

Thinking New Member

lol HH you are very naughty!! I have a sleeping household here and have probably now woken them all up from my sudden burst of laughter! Stop it!

ETA: I might add I am also still recovering from the Robert Palmer/KD Lang shots earlier today too!

6. Champagne4lulu

Champagne4lulu New Member

So when TF mentions that allison didn't jump as she didn't have the considerable injuries that would eventuate, would not she have injuries if she was rolled off the ledge? Is there much of a difference in height? Why would she not actually have any injuries from that fall.

Is it the theory that doc Watson put forward where when bodies are incapacitated (drunks, unconscious, dead) you don't fall as hard? But surely there's be something to indicate such a fall? Can anyone comment on the size differential on a drop from the ledge vs a drop from bridge?

7. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

One of the girls got up to get some water. Whenever I had a dinner party or the like, my children would always use that excuse to come out to have a look at what was happening. They might have been thirsty after the cross country but any mum might know what I mean. If that's the case maybe she heard noises and wanted to see.

8. alioop

alioop Verified Attorney (AU)

I think it was just a quiet Friday early morning in the Indooroopily police area and they were able to have Constable Ash there in about 45 mins. I really don't think it was anything more than that.

Now now, we may have big crushes on Todd, but we are not crazed stalkers! Well not me anyway. Can't speak for others.

I now accept that the checked pyjama pants were a red herring by GBC to suggest she must have changed out of them into her walking clothes. But then there weren't any checked pyjamas to be found. That's what Todd was getting across when he cross examined him and showed him the photo. No checked pyjamas to be seen.

Yes, lots of similarities with Jennifer and Allison's murders. The only big difference is that Jennifer's husband gave lots of interviews and loved the media attention prior to his arrest.

9. JK673

JK673 New Member

Ohh yes... i was still of the mind that the pjs were missing but can see how it could be that GBC had made it up. I wonder if they established that in interview with the eldest daughter.....she would know what pjs her mum wore/had.

10. kiwijayne

I think it has if you jump alive your body braces for impact tensing everything up leading to breaks. While drunk, unconscious/ dead you are already obviously relaxed etc meaning you don't tense up?

11. Phantom's Diana

Phantom's Diana New Member

Would Allison be the Footy Show avid watcher ???

12. JK673

JK673 New Member

Maybe it was the other way around. She went to bed and he stayed up watching the footy show till she was asleep....and then he did it.....

13. Champagne4lulu

Champagne4lulu New Member

Yeah that's the theory I was getting at. But I still would have thought there'd be some noticeable damage. I guess sadly we will never know exactly how she got there.

14. kiwijayne

I can tell you from personal experience I fell 15 feet with no damage. I fell from a tree and remember my gymnastics teacher telling me if I ever fell to relax myself. Best advice ever.

15. Tishy

Tishy Liar, liar, pants on fire

Agree KJ; from the photos it looked like the concrete ledge was approx 1-2 m up from ground so pushing a lifeless body off the edge would incur a lot less impact damage than chucking it over the bridge edge say 20m further up. Also the concrete ledge push led to Allison's body coming to rest under the bridge, whereas a drop from further up would more likely have resulted in a final position out from the bridge. MOO

16. Tishy

Tishy Liar, liar, pants on fire

JK I believe you have hit nail on proverbial head. What is it they say about the best lies being closest to the truth?

17. alioop

Big difference in height. This is just my very rough guess and someone may have better measurements but I think the ledge is about 1.5m to 2 meters and bridge maybe more than 10 meters. If you look at the photos of the bridge you will a good idea of the difference in the heights.

18. alioop

I am surprised the defence didn't suggest that watching The Footy Show could have been a trigger for suicide. More likely than the birth of a beautiful little boy!

19. Freya1977

Freya1977 Well-Known Member

I'm also thinking of going tomorrow, just seeing if I can take the time from work. I thought they'd be done today, and I wouldn't get the chance.

20. ford71

ford71 Member

Thanks, I agree :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.