The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 8th July - Trial Day 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Gerard is in court, ready for trial day 16 #badenclay @couriermail

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 15s

We're in court for day 16 of the Baden-Clay trial. We'll hear the end of the defence closing argument this morning. @couriermail

Another thing to add to the Misogyny-Fest yesterday:

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 17h
Byrne says Gerard's brother's newborn son was the first male grandson. #badenclay

Presumably Olivia's son doesn't count because?...

Not a BC.

Poor Allison. So tortured by her new nephew's arrival that she never once addressed anticipating it in her private journal, so twisted by longing to carry on the family name that she killed herself over the birth of a boy who would carry on the celebrated family name; a descendant of the famous Baden Powell through a female line.

Or, poppycock.

Byrne says Gerard's brother's newborn son was the first male grandson. #badenclay

I asked that on twitter and had two responses by people that it was because the surname would be Walton..... last I checked it didn't matter what your surname is, your parents parents are STILL your grandparents HENCE you are their grandkid - son or daughter.....

Weird that some people today THINK that way? not the grandson because it is the DAUGHTER's child???

:maddening:

.....because he's the Son of the daughter.

Daughters just don't count you know.

Perhaps why she now presents as Baden-Walton. Which should actually be Clay-Walton.

Whatever.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s

The jury has entered the court. Gerard Baden-Clay, defence and prosecution all waiting for the judge to enter.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s

The jury has entered the court. Gerard Baden-Clay, defence and prosecution all waiting for the judge to enter.

I asked that on twitter and had two responses by people that it was because the surname would be Walton..... last I checked it didn't matter what your surname is, your parents parents are STILL your grandparents HENCE you are their grandkid - son or daughter.....

Weird that some people today THINK that way? not the grandson because it is the DAUGHTER's child???

:maddening:

It certainly is a very 1950's patriarchal defence, which leads me to think that the same person who was so hasty to get a lawyer, and the same person who was so hasty to fill in the life insurance claim is the one who has concocted the body of this argument.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 24s

The judge is telling the jury they won't be sequestered. Up to them if they want to deliberate on Fridays and weekends. #badenclay

Michael Byrne QC is on his feet continuing his closing argument. #badenclay

Byrne is discussing Gerard's evidence. #badenclay

Bugger - just got a reminder on my phone I have a hairdresser appointment....grrrr

I just want to say how much I appreciate the tweeters, even if I don't get to thank every individual post.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 31s

Byrne says a person charged with a crime is not under obligation to give evidence. #badenclay

Byrne says Gerard spent some period explaining his life with Allison, their relationship, their problems. #badenclay

Byrne: You might think that he didn't hold back. #badenclay

Byrne says if the jury thinks Gerard's evidence is credible and reliable, they have to find him not guilty of murder. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 31s

Byrne says a person charged with a crime is not under obligation to give evidence. #badenclay

Byrne says Gerard spent some period explaining his life with Allison, their relationship, their problems. #badenclay

Byrne: You might think that he didn't hold back. #badenclay

Some time !!! Ha

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 27s

Byrne says Gerard has denied killing his wife, denied dumping her body, denied leaving his girls home alone to do so. #badenclay

Byrne says if they think his evidence was not convincing, but left them in doubt as to what happened, he is still not guilty. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

You might think he didn't hold back when he spoke about the evidence and his own foibles - defence #badenclay

Prosecution case does not prove guilt - defence #badenclay

He has under oath denied killing his wife, disposing his body, leaving his girls at the time - defence #badenclay

He is entitled to give his account - defence #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 38s

He is presumed to be innocence unless evidence overwhelms beyond reasonable doubt - defence #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 34s

If you are left with a reasonable doubt it's your duty to acquit - defence #badenclay

Is anyone else able to help with some of the tweets. I can do Kate's ???? Please

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 49s

He didn't have to give evidence, he elected to, had to relive matters and exposed himself to cross - defence #badenclay

Prosecutor, as expected to do, attacked Gerard - defence #badenclay

Gerard wanted to tell you a detailed history - defence #badenclay

Abhorrent he would leave those children alone in the night - defence #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 26s

Byrne says Gerard is presumed to be innocent. The Crown has to have proved beyond reasonable doubt that he is guilty. #badenclay

Byrne says Gerard didn't have to give evidence. He elected to do so. #badenclay

Byrne says Gerard exposed himself to cross examination, where he was attacked by prosecutor Todd Fuller. #badenclay

Byrne says Gerard wanted to tell the jury a detailed history of his life. #badenclay

Byrne says Gerard's lapses were in respect to women "and keeping quiet about such liaisons". #badenclay

Byrne: It's not something shared with family, it's not something shared with friends. #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆