The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 8th July - Trial Day 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a cigarette. And I don't even smoke. I was almost screaming out his name a few times "oh Todd, yes, yes, that's it". I think i need a little bit of a lie down now.

But what if the neighbours (or heaven forbid, BatMan) heard your screams? They would have concluded that there was something X-rated going on.

Wouldn't it be awesome, once a verdict/sentence has been given, for Kate or David to compile a story on the local WS'ers? They could be invited to the catch up organised at Indro Maccas, Eiffel Tower, Pie Face, etc

A tour to all of these places - just like the jury got a tour of relevant locations - also the bridge, the roundabout, the pillar outside Indooroopilly shopping centre...any other places of interest?

you court attendees are the absolute icing on the cake.. .. God alone knows how some of you do it, it must involve travel, possibly long distance, precious time , money, discomfort, anxiety, energy, and commitment.. your contributions are outstanding.

Trooper, I totally agree.

My only basis for comparison is the Pistorius trial which I had been following on WS and the live feed. I had to give up because it (the trial) is just so chaotic with all manner of confusion - witnesses arriving late; multiple pseudo-experts saying ridiculous things; the defence &/or prosecution running out of subject matter for the day and the court finishing early; expert-witness reports only available as the respective witnesses come on the stand; lost/missing concrete evidence enabling the defence to claim police interference for lots of things; etc. etc.

However, the B-C trial has been virtually seamless and so easy to follow. Fingers crossed for the right (guilty) verdict!

The Pistorius trial is a debarcle, particularly the defence witnesses. They have been tailoring their witnesses as the trial progresses.

I almost went up for the trial but a sick husband needs me more - the tweets and live updates are fantastic

Oh WOW it is too. That is a classic. It HAS to relate to the case... especially with the shaving cream particularly targeted on the letter 'G'.

R= Crown :)

*waves* Still catching up on the day's events. I had to go out and work today, for a change.

I don't know if anyone else has said this, but I think Todd is suggesting that GBC disposed of Allison's phone on his trip to "look for her" . The roads he said he drove on just happen to be the perimeters of the area that the police triangulated her phone to until the battery died and this may not be a co incidence.

That was my interpretation too.

Also, I didn't quite follow (and think I missed something) in relation to what TF said today about the clothes Allison was wearing, and it seems no further mention of the pyjamas. Would be interested to hear what others made of today's comments about the clothes.

In tears thinking how Gbc totally failed beautiful Allison. Let's hope the jury don't fail her as well.
Made me think of "F" words I know you guys have have had "c" words already.
Fuller
Flowers
Family
Friends
Failure
Finances
Fibs
Fingernail
Face

I don't know if anyone else has said this, but I think Todd is suggesting that GBC disposed of Allison's phone on his trip to "look for her" . The roads he said he drove on just happen to be the perimeters of the area that the police triangulated her phone to until the battery died and this may not be a co incidence.

Yes I've posted similar earlier.
However, was it made clear here by someone that the colour of the screen dot was not indicating the missing phone but rather GBCs phone? This was mentioned, I wasn't clear if that had been confirmed

I need a cigarette. And I don't even smoke. I was almost screaming out his name a few times "oh Todd, yes, yes, that's it". I think i need a little bit of a lie down now.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

All of that. What I am most grateful to Todd Fuller for is how he meticulous paints the picture of Allison and makes her come alive. He seems to want to do above and beyond his undoubted professionalism. Dare I say, he wants to do the right thing by the Dickies and the girls.:loveyou:

Yes, Todd is doing his best to be her advocate and represent her, as she cannot. Well done sir.

For those who doubt that justice will be served...GBC is now in jail and has been for 2 years, this alone speaks volumes.
Yes, Fuller and Boyle have been good but my hero is Allison,she alone has provided this case with the most compelling evidence.
Allison was proactive in saving her marriage
Allison inflicted the scratches
Allison bled in the car
Plant matter from her residence was found in her hair
Entries in her diary.

The phone could have also been in Olivia's pocket perhaps? While she was driving the area she "searched"

Agree totally!

In tears thinking how Gbc totally failed beautiful Allison. Let's hope the jury don't fail her as well.
Made me think of "F" words I know you guys have have had "c" words already.
Fuller
Flowers
Family
Friends
Failure
Finances
Fibs

Oh there have been lots of "F" words and some "C" words, but we just can't post them here. :blush:

I think that the trigger was changing the life insurance policy , rolling into one . This was Alison's threat that night and that she intended to do just that tomorrow . Moo. He felt he was left with no choice but to act. Before tomorrow .

I don't think Todd has mentioned that Allison was a couple of days before the 19 th trying to reduce her life insurance. This can go on the list I am making.
Also maybe the pyjamas, I don't think he said today they were not found or has he?

I was so relieved that i decided to stay in bed rather than face public transport in the cold and dark this morning to get to court, not least because my guts ended up being just a little bit upset and it would have been rather awkward bolting to and fro. And havign to ask QC Fuller to pause while i did so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee