The danger of a closed mind

Thank you, Britt.

"Are you ready to assume they were never connected at any time?"

I didn't say that. But it makes no sense to me to unlink them afterwards.

Holdontoyourhat said:
Anybody who has ever been arrested can tell you they didn't have handcuff marks on their wrists the next day, and most of those are made of metal. So the argument that because there was no marks, there was no restraining, isn't really valid, is it.
If they are alive the next day to tell us about it, then that's one thing. But JB didn't make it after being restrained. My point is that her body didn't have time to heal itself, and make the marks go away.

SuperDave said:
"Oh SuperDave really? Where?"

Right here:

"Tied loosely around the right wrist, overlying the sleeve"
SuperDave, I asked you where the coroner said he could just slip one of them right off and you answered with the above quote from the autopsy. But being tied loosely does not mean they were so loose he could slip one right off, nor did the coroner say he could. And if you look at the autopsy photo showing the ligature still in place on her right wrist you can see for yourself that the ligature was not as loose as you are saying it was.

Holdontoyourhat said:
I have more an observation than a theory. The observation is that the second ligature has this extra length, that would allow it to be incorporated into the working of the garrote.
Could you elaborate on this please Holdontoyourhat, thanks.

rashomon said:
And anybody who has ever been kidnapped can probably tell you that their kidnapper tied their wrists very close together and did not leave a 15 1/2 inch space of cord between them, which would in fact have made free movement of the hands possible (like in JB's case).
I have made this point before rashomon, and that it indicated quite clearly that, not only was there no actual kidnapping, but also that the ligatures were not part of any of the staging. Just as you say, a real kidnapper would have tied her wrists very close together. Also, anyone staging a kidnapping would tie the hands like that as well.

The complexity of the construction of the wrist loops suggests that they had some function other than the mere simple restraint of an otherwise free-moving victim.

Also, anyone staging a kidnapping would tie the hands like that as well.

There is a big difference between a real kidnapper and a stager.
The real kidnapper knows what he is doing the stager possibly not.

"SuperDave, I asked you where the coroner said he could just slip one of them right off and you answered with the above quote from the autopsy. But being tied loosely does not mean they were so loose he could slip one right off, nor did the coroner say he could. And if you look at the autopsy photo showing the ligature still in place on her right wrist you can see for yourself that the ligature was not as loose as you are saying it was."

I think it was in Linda Arndt's interview, as well. I'll double-check.

"There is a big difference between a real kidnapper and a stager.
The real kidnapper knows what he is doing the stager possibly not."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288