The Death of K-Mart?

Our KMart, located in Northern NY is a disgrace, it is dirty, just the entrance is filthy, torn carpet, just awful.
I tried to find something there and as usual they didn't have it in stock.

The Customer Service area is so nasty.

This store should be closed and torn down.

So, when the only stores left are Macy's and WalMart, what will they charge then?

I could answer that for you but I would be fired. (WalMart manager) On my days off, if I have to shop, it is at KMart. But ....shhhh....the giant is falling, too. THEN, it will be interesting to see what happens. Saddest thing ever; all those workers.

I could answer that for you but I would be fired. (WalMart manager) On my days off, if I have to shop, it is at KMart. But ....shhhh....the giant is falling, too. THEN, it will be interesting to see what happens. Saddest thing ever; all those workers.

Agree WalMart is falling. I went there two days ago to buy a shelf. They don't carry them any more. Quite a few shelves throughout the store had gaping holes where merchandise used to be. Employees were scarce, and when I asked about they, was told there are less people now than before they built the "super" store.

I may head to KMart tomorrow, looking for that shelf!

Here in The Black Hills, the Wal-Mart grocery section increases prices weekly and there is less and less available in the GV brand but more higher priced items. At least they finally have cage free eggs and are starting to get some organic produce but not much. We are 50 miles one way and 87 miles the other way from the nearest Wal-Marts so they are the store some travel an hour to, in order to shop.

We still have Kmart in my area. As a consumer, we need the competition or prices increase a lot. Not a fan of Target - too many times reps do not say thank you!

I had no idea K-Mart was still around anywhere. We used to have one in my city and it was just as bad if not worse than the pictures. It smelled, employees were rude, it was dim and dingy, they never had anything I needed or would want. Felt like I needed a bottle if hand sanitizer and a shower when i left. *shudder*. Walmart is only a slight step up, I won't shop there unless it's an emergency.

I am a huge Target fan! I don't mind paying a bit more for quality items in a clean, organized store.

My local Kmart is clean and stocked. So is the one near my daughter's house about 20 minutes from here. Suburban Pittsburgh stores.

I won't shop Walmart-ever.
Target is cool and trendy-but too far and always crowded.
I hate crowds.

KMart has gone down hill, but because it's very local I go only when I need something. Basic things. Mine is not bad.

Cotton t-shirts are very good. Lee jeans. Joe Boxer jammies.
Garden for cheap pots and beach chairs. Small appliances.

It was really good about 10 years ago.
I just don't want to drive far to shop any more, just buy what I need.

I have a great Homegoods near me, and Macy's.
I haven't been to "The Maul" in years.

Wow. KMarts have been gone in Austin forever. I really LIKE the idea of K-Mart - a cheap store. I like the idea of the dollar store, and Family Dollar, etc.

Here, Kmart was just full of dirty broken stuff. So they closed. They did have a good run of it during the 70's but they couldn't keep up.

I visited the one in Albany, Oregon last week. The one they had in Eugene is long gone.

I made a few purchases, the prices were good, the shelves were stocked and orderly, and the employees VERY helpful. Maybe some of the other stores need a manager like the one in Albany?

They were so super nice when I was in there once and had to use the scooter (I had fallen and hurt my foot). If I'm going to drive to Albany, though, I'm going to Target (and Burgerville)!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back