The Doe Network, Part 2: Who is Princess Blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say anybody needed to call anyone NOW...LOL I just wanted to know how we could find out if necessary.

Also the condition of her teeth may tell us if she was living on the street or could afford dental work.

The ME would need to look up her records, if he/she has them, and read through it. I want to be careful about calling LE or ME too often, with one or two questions at a time. They get many calls each day, and I want to be efficient because of this. Since we don't need the info just yet, I am thinking we may want to save up any important questions for one phone call.

Lion

Jaded, where do we post links for searches? Should we start a thread specifically for search links perhaps in the main forum? Then it could help us with all searches.

Lion

I started a new topic for the research links on skm, if it's in the wrong spot just move it for me. I put all the links I had off the top of my head but when I get home I will add more links. Ya all can add to the links over there.

http://someoneknowsme.com/upload/index.php?showtopic=62

In addition, her weight is unknown and the TX dps site reflects that, for her weight was changed to, "unknown." Unfortunately, LE initially went only by the ring size and never had an a forensic anthropologist examine her.
Wouldn't a forensic anthropologist be the one that determined she may have had a tumor on her knee? Or is that something that could be determined by anyone else in the medical field?

Should we see about having the other thread locked so we are all on the same page?

I'm going to see about finding a 1974 REL yearbook, or at least someone with a 1974 REL yearbook. I want to cross-refrence the juniors in 74 with juniors and seniors in 75. I posted this "zebra" in Part One (or maybe it was someoneknowsme.com?) but I feel it deserves a look. If the ring belonged to her mother, then it's possible Princess Blue's mom was pregnant with her during her junior year (1974) and it caused her to fall short of the number of credits needed to be classified as a senior the following year (1975). If that were the case, it's still possible that at the end of 75 she had enough credits to graduate with the rest of the senior class. Even if she had to take classes over the summer to recieve her diploma and graduate, it would still fit with the 1975 class ring. Particularly since rings are typically ordered sometime before graduation.

MrsG- I would be glad to help you add names to the spreadsheet. Just tell me what page in the yearbook I should start with. I can put a * next to the names that I have trouble reading in the scans so they can be double checked. Also, would it be possible to scan the student index pages so that we can have a list of names for everyone in the yearbook in case we want to cross-refrence names we find (in articles, missing person sites, etc.) against students from the freshman, sophomore, and junior classes as well?

Hi Jaded. The TOD has recently been changed from 6 mo.-1 yr to unknown. Perhaps we may want to reflect that in the letter.

Also, her race has been changed from White/Hispanic to White. Perhaps we could describe her as possibly being White or White/Hispanic. And, we may want to note that we have no idea what her hair and eye color could have been. I'd hate for someone to not say anything about a blond haired girl that went missing because they are under the impression that Princess had dark hair and was Hispanic.

In addition, her weight is unknown and the TX dps site reflects that, for her weight was changed to, "unknown." Unfortunately, LE initially went only by the ring size and never had an a forensic anthropologist examine her.

I might want to put the additional, little pic in there because there are differences between the two pics. In the little one her lips are not puckered and her face is narrower. Someone could recognize her from either pic even though the one showing her with long hair looks nicer.

I hope it is okay that I made several suggestions. I know that we want to include as much info in the letter and have it be as accurate as possible for the best possible results.

Lion

Wow--all those changes really does change everything!

Yeah, and that's the only one I've been able to find. :( Paying $75 for the 1975 yearbook...maybe. But not the 1974 yearbook. Instead, I think I'll try to find someone with a 1974 yearbook who would be willing to at least make some scans of the juniors section for us.

I wonder if we could befriend the local librarian or school librarian to do it for us?

Wouldn't a forensic anthropologist be the one that determined she may have had a tumor on her knee? Or is that something that could be determined by anyone else in the medical field?

Should we see about having the other thread locked so we are all on the same page?

I'm going to see about finding a 1974 REL yearbook, or at least someone with a 1974 REL yearbook. I want to cross-refrence the juniors in 74 with juniors and seniors in 75. I posted this "zebra" in Part One (or maybe it was someoneknowsme.com?) but I feel it deserves a look. If the ring belonged to her mother, then it's possible Princess Blue's mom was pregnant with her during her junior year (1974) and it caused her to fall short of the number of credits needed to be classified as a senior the following year (1975). If that were the case, it's still possible that at the end of 75 she had enough credits to graduate with the rest of the senior class. Even if she had to take classes over the summer to recieve her diploma and graduate, it would still fit with the 1975 class ring. Particularly since rings are typically ordered sometime before graduation.

MrsG- I would be glad to help you add names to the spreadsheet. Just tell me what page in the yearbook I should start with. I can put a * next to the names that I have trouble reading in the scans so they can be double checked. Also, would it be possible to scan the student index pages so that we can have a list of names for everyone in the yearbook in case we want to cross-refrence names we find (in articles, missing person sites, etc.) against students from the freshman, sophomore, and junior classes as well?

I PM'd jeana (DP) to ask her to lock the original thread.

I imagine an ME may have examined Princess Blue's remains could have determined that she may have had evidence of a possible tumor on one of her knees. But, a forensic anthropologist would have been the one to estimate her age at TOD, and I don't think it was ever done. Unfortunately, we can't rule out any weight unless or until we learn facts that indicate what her approximate weight at TOD was.

The librarian said that any of us can go to their library and copy the entire yb if they want. Do we have anyone hear Houston who could do that?

I mentioned a while ago that according to the librarian who also graduated from REL in 1980, the rings were most likely ordered in the fall of 74. The YB pics were probably not taken until the spring of 75. It is possible that the student we are looking for is not in the yb. I agree with you Sable that we should look into trying to obtain the 74 yb or at least find a way to copy all of the pages. If we do not find who Princess Blue was via the 1975 grads, we may want to contact the 74 grads as well. Some juniors would have been friends with or at least known the seniors, perhaps.

Lion

Good Morning everyone!
Seems like a huge amount of work was done last night! Thanks to all, and congrats! I had wanted to stay on longer but something came up...

I just thought you might like to know that there absolutely WAS a FULL forensic anthropological work-up on PB's remains--recently! The original report was from the ME, back in 1990. Since there is so much more info. "these days," and Lion is right (as usual), a for. anthro's. study is much more in depth than an ME's., the request was made recently to have her examined. Obviously you guys noticed the changes made to her profile on the TX MPCH website. You're right, the weight has not been determined exactly, but if you will TRUST ME, it is highly doubtful that she was 175#. It is also likely that her hair was dark, and prob. her eyes as well, but that's not to say she was Hispanic. (I am telling you what I can. Please understand.)
I see Lion's point in not ruling out young women w/ lighter hair, I'm just trying to explain the odds. Also, this newer
report is in synch with the original ME's report re: her age: late teens to early twenties. To answer someone's question from awhile back, Lion's I think, the missing person centers will add a year or two onto each end of the scale to have a bigger sweep of possibilities. Because, of course mistakes in the exam are possible. The for. anthro.'s report always give a range with a plus or minus variable. In PB's case it was two years in either direction.
Does this ake sense?

Warmly,

One more thing, just so you know, the two facial reporductions are the same exact face. There is NO difference in the lips, jaw structure, cheeks, or weight. The only difference is the hair. It DOES come in closer around her neck area, as long hair sometimes falls, so it covers parts of it, and her ear, so perhaps that's why it appears that her face is different. I think it is a great idea to put both images in your letter, though. Some times some of the subtleties can get blended once it's been reproduced again and again.

ETA: Oh, I need to also add that there is a difference in her eyebrows as well. Hair is such a variable...you never know how it might have been styled, esp. girls!

My best,

Hi
Thankyou.I care is my board.It is dedicated to my missing sister Tammy Lynn Leppert.She came up missing in 1983.May I please say some things and ask some questions.Some one here said she could have been lighter complected and lighter hair.I am having this problem with trying to find a match with skeletal remains and my sister.My sister has dyed blond hair and has some indian in her.So if I find skeletal remains and they say the skeletal remains are hispanic or indian people will think of the Jane Doe as dark complected and not look into tammy which is very frustrating.The Jane Doe might not have been dark complected and look nothing at all like this sketch.But you never know.This Jane Doe could be part indian also.Probably mostly white.If they are saying that then she probably had lighter brown hair.They usually say hispanic or indian I believe of the high cheek bones.May I please ask they said possible tumor on her knee?which knee and was it removed or something?Could they tell?Do they know for sure this was a womans high school graduation ring?I was actually looking at a different Jane Doe found and was a bit confused.Wasn't this Jane Doe found at Robert E Lee school?

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/UnidentifiedDetails.asp?id=U0310045

Do you have an email address of who I could write to check this Jane Doe with my sister?i don't think the possibility is very high it is my sister.I just want to check.

I'm curious what men graduated in this year.Do you know?If the ring was resized it seems like the ring was too big for a woman.But you never know.why the color blue?school color?birthstone?Did anyone ever find out if the letter L was from the school or a last name?

suzanne

there is good news! The book will be mking it's rounds, Sable. I think I could send it to you because there are pages of the juniors with their names, too. I think it's better we don't spend $75.00 on this book.

MG

Draft of the letter to Alumni. Need feedback and suggestions.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddjrtkt5_2chz54x
Thank you Jaded, for working on completing this letter. :angel: When do you plan to send it out? I wanted to catch you before you did to possibly clarify a few facts:

The height range is actually up to 5'4" (But yes, usually they fall in the mid-range in life).

The stone in the ring is actually a "cabochon" cut, not a faceted cut. That means it is completely smooth / "ovaled" --it doesn't have any little "cuts" in it that help it sparkle. Also you may want to put something like, "it is most likely a synthetic sapphire, or blue stone," because I'm about 95% sure it's not a natural stone. (Synthetics are common for class rings because of their affordability. They are also clearer, meaning no natural cuts, carbons, or inclusions within the stone. They would also have more likely used a synthetic, cabochon-cut stone so that the inlaid "L" was more clearly visible.) You may consider adding that it could be silver or white gold. Usually silver is marked with the 925 stamp, and that is not true of this ring to my knowledge. I know these details about the ring may seem trivial, but I just wanted you to know what is really there, and what isn't.:)

And lastly, we DO NOT have a time of death, so I think we maybe should not use the word IMPOSSIBLE when we say the ring couldn't be hers. Sadly, She very likely could have been out there since the seventies...

Thanks so much,

Hi Sable,

You probably have this information already but thought I'd pass it on anyhow just in case. This is the page for the 1974 REL (Houston) Class reunion planning that has some contact information. I don't know if the contact information is current since the reunion was held in 2004 but it's worth a shot. They may have a copy of the yb they are willing to scan the juniors section for us.

http://www.relee-houston-74.com/pages/3/index.htm

Yeah, and that's the only one I've been able to find. :( Paying $75 for the 1975 yearbook...maybe. But not the 1974 yearbook. Instead, I think I'll try to find someone with a 1974 yearbook who would be willing to at least make some scans of the juniors section for us.

Oh, sorry, Jaded,
There is one more thing::p

I posted earlier today that there was indeed a recent forensic anthropological analysis done on PB...so, in fact, her ethnicity / ancestral background HAS been determined. Can you change that part of the letter to reflect this news, please? It is my strong suggestion that, to be the most accurate, and at the same time, thorough enough to not leave out any possible matches, that you should have it read "Caucasian, with the possibility of mixed-race history." That is vague enough to cover what we need covered, but not limiting it to Hispanic tendencies, bec. that is not a fact. It IS a fact that she has been forensically classified as Caucasian!

"TIA" (look, you guys are getting me hooked on the abbreviations!)

Btw, FWIW, I too have tried to submit a previous case to an Unidentifieds' site in Louisiana, and was told they DO NOT have a state wide system in place for such. Seems crazy to me that one wouldn't be in place by now, with all the missing and unid. cases, but, true enough, there isn't. It's not to say that there may not be private or volunteer ones up and running...like this, I suppose. Sounds like some of you are trying to find those...

best,

richandfamous,
Your "crazy dog" signature pic is HILARIOUS! I like your sense of humor!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads