The Duct Tape Match #3

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by Elphaba, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Elphaba

Elphaba Defying Gravity...

2. Loading...

3. JBean

JBean Retired WS Administrator

continue here.
    PLease do not substitute derogatory variations on the names of the players. This will result ina TO because this has been an issue in this forum for over a year. thanks guys.

If any of you are new or have never read the rules of this forum and the whole forum, please take a moment to do so.

4. magic-cat

magic-cat Mother to Many

Even Casey?:behindbar

5. magic-cat

magic-cat Mother to Many

Ok from the other thread, regarding the metal gas cans and Osha standards and all that jazz we were discussing. I have gone and read all the data about the CARB standards and the EPA standards, and have googled the metal cans as suggested by one of our members and here is what I have found. The metal gas cans that I found were all five gallon cans. Many folks do not keep a five gallon can on hand. Almost ALL of the metal gas cans that I found were $40 plus dollars as well...Now, regarding the "standards" it has been determined, in some reports, that the permeation rate on a plastic can is far greater than that of a metal can. What this means is that if the cans are closed and sealed up, including vent holes, the plastic cans lose more vapors through permeation of the plastic than do the metal cans-thus making the metal cans more desirous for environmental purposes. The CARB standards and the EPA standards are changing, and a LOT of that is to do with child proofing gas cans so that children are unable to open the can or interact with the vapors whatsoever. Another problem with all the cans is spillage. Then there is the issue of spillage at the pumps and during refilling equipment (transferring the gas from the can to wherever it is going). There IS also the issue of potential for ignition of the gas or the vapors inside the can, although from all the reading that I did this has not been substantiated or proven that the gas inside the can will combust...anyhow...California is one of the only states that I could find who had stringently adopted some of these measures, although many were discussing it and considering it. However, for OUR purposes here, there is no "law" in place whatsoever which makes plastic fuel cans illegal to use or to sell.
    Here are some of the documents that I read to come to these conclusions:
    http://www.cpsc.gov/LIBRARY/FOIA/FOIA03/os/Gascans.pdf
    http://www.nj.gov/dep/aqm/BBattPFC3.pdf
    http://earth1.epa.gov/otaq/regs/toxics/420r07003chp5.pdf
    http://www.epa.gov/OMS/regs/toxics/420r07001.pdf
    http://www.cpsc.gov/LIBRARY/FOIA/meetings/mtg08/portfuel8_21.pdf

Now I realize this was not extensive research, but it was enough to tell me that these recommendations have not been deemed LAW in most places and are just that, recommendations...

So on the question of how old George's gas can may be? Still no answer...

6. whiskeygurl

whiskeygurl New Member

7. Trapshooter

Trapshooter New Member

I missed NG too because I was on the phone but I did see a clip regarding the duct tape. Does anyone know what she said? Anything new?

8. Muzikman

Muzikman ROCKIN!

9. gibby207

gibby207 Pooh just is.

I dunno if this has been mentioned, but I have a thought here and wanted to talk it out: Do you remember who said that KC stole her duct tape? A girl? Missing duct tape that was in her purse? Was it Dante's girlfriend? Didn't Dante race cars? Would he use the tape?

10. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

It was Amy Huizenga in a correspondence with Casey after the No Clothes party.

11. Reagan

Reagan New Member

It wasn't duct tape either. It believe it was determined to be gaffer tape.

12. magic-cat

magic-cat Mother to Many

I have bolded and made RED the statement from May 25 of Amy's that I was attempting to highlight. Anyhow, I have gone through the forums in several ways and have not found the instance being stated herein where Amy calls her tape Gaff Tape. I have seen where Geraldo was calling the DUCT tape GAFF tape when this all first broke, and honestly I cannot even locate the message where Amy says something about the tape being stolen. I think it is important for us to establish this is a FACT and not just another of those "this grew from this into this when it never was that in the first place" type scenarios. Anyone who cares to help me hunt is welcome...

Was it a TEXT or was it in her statement to the police where Amy even discusses the tape?

13. magic-cat

magic-cat Mother to Many

Not so sure this was ever determined as a FACT... do you have any links to back this up or???:)

14. chefmom

chefmom Seriously! Ancient Aliens!

15. magic-cat

magic-cat Mother to Many

http://www.wftv.com/news/18301938/detail.html
    From this link:

"One specific posting in late May, from who appears to be Casey's former best friend Amy Huizenga, reads, 'You lost my duct tape. I was excited to have so much left. That's why (sic) I get for giving you my purse'."

So it was NOT in one of Amy's text messages...you see how information can become "fact" very quickly and it makes me appreciate WS policy of providing links when requested. Thanks chefmom!:blowkiss:

16. magic-cat

magic-cat Mother to Many

From the Casey Intentionally Killed Caylee thread,
    post no. 139:
    Marina 2:
    QUOTE:
    I don't think anyone is trying to implicate an innocent party with the suggestion that the tape may have been gaffers tape. They are most likely trying to link it to KC since text msgs between AH and KC have AH claiming that KC lost her (AH's) duct tape. I can see someone calling gaffers tape "duct tape". It's easier to say and type in a text msg. If it was gaffers tape found on Caylee it will look even worse for KC with those text msgs.
    QUOTE:
    I'm sorry but I'm not really sure why ANYONE is introducing the idea that the tape found on the remains is GAFF TAPE and not DUCT TAPE. Two TOTALLY DIFFERENT types of tape. All the reports from LE, etc. that have been reported in the media have referred only to DUCT TAPE.

Here is what gaff tape is: [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaffer_tape[/ame]
    Here is what duct tape is: [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duct_tape[/ame]
    Although both are pressure sensitive, one is backed with cotton material and the other vinyl.
    PLEASE, PLEASE don't try to confuse the issue ... it makes me think that anyone that tries to say gaff tape was with the remains is trying to point the finger at someone who has not been implicated and is merely involved because she just happens to be a friend of the accused.
    QUOTE:
    I think I know where that came from, during the Q&A portion with Dr. G the day she announced that the remains found were of Caylee, a reporter asked the first question.
    The first question posed to Dr. G was about Gaff tape found on the remains.
    QUOTE:
    The only person I have heard use the word "gaffer tape" is Geraldo. He has always said "gaffer tape" never once heard him say duct tape. In fact I had never heard the word gaffer tape before hearing him.

Also impossible to use duct tape with gloves they stick together!!!!
    QUOTE:
    I think the idea it might be gaff tape originally was not intended to implicate the friend/person abused and used by Casey, but rather to IMPLICATE Casey (based on the web postings about taking and then losing the friend's duct tape, with some assumptions made based on the friend's background). When I heard this, that's what I thought: Casey bad and what else did she steal. But it never hurts to remind people of the havoc already wreaked on Casey's friends and to be cautious.
    QUOTE:
    I don't think anyone is trying to implicate an innocent party with the suggestion that the tape may have been gaffers tape. They are most likely trying to link it to KC since text msgs between AH and KC have AH claiming that KC lost her (AH's) duct tape. I can see someone calling gaffers tape "duct tape". It's easier to say and type in a text msg. If it was gaffers tape found on Caylee it will look even worse for KC with those text msgs.
    Originally Posted by seagull65
    Yeah and nothing wrong if someone heard it could possibly be gaff tape and mentions it here, that's the whole point of this board, no one said it was confirmed that it's gaff tape, obviously we're all just waiting for confirmation of these details to come out. Thanks for your post Lisabet.
    QUOTE:
    GR repeatedly called it gaffers tape a couple of weeks ago on his Sunday night show . He is the only one I have heard use the it.
    QUOTE:
    Thank you, Seagull. In no way at all did I intend to suggest the involvement in this crime to anyone other than Casey. If I knew how to post links, I'd go looking for them and post them, but from memory alone, and from a text message from Amy to Casey, Amy complained to Casey about taking and using up her "gaff tape". I was curious about that at the time because I had no idea what gaff tape might be, and I learned it was used to hold their costumes together at the "No Clothes' party, that it belonged to Amy and that she had it left over from when she worked on the cruise ship. If anything at all, Casey helped herself to Amy's tape, but the original discussion was only about TAPE......what kinds there are and if they would hold fingerprints or other forensic evidence. There was no intention to implicate anyone else in this horror.
    QUOTE:
    Having been in the business of producing videos, you are correct, BUT, Gaffer's tape is often casually referred to as simply duct tape, particularly by the uninitiated. I'm not sure that it would be unusual for LE to casually make this reference. The importance, imho, would not be to implicate someone else, but, if it really is gaffer's tape, it might be the tape KC took from her friend Amy -- another direct link to KC -- and less common than household duct tape.
    QUOTE:
    Excellent point---not sure how or who started this "gaff" tape nonsense.
    QUOTE:
    I believe it was the inimitable Geraldo who first said Gaff tape. I remember rolling my eyes when he said it.
    QUOTE:
    Just after Caylee was found to have tape on her Geraldo was giving an impromp-to 'breaking news' deal. He was the one calling it gaff tape. He called it that several times. Michael Baden was there with a roll of duct/duck tape and was calling it duct tape and doing a demonstration of just how good the tape was at collecting prints and tissue. He also pointed up that it would be nearly impossible to use with latex/rubber gloves too. Baden also demonstrated tearing the tape with his teeth and leaving DNA evidence behind.
    So...blame the Gaff tape on Geraldo. I was watching 'live' and I honestly couldn't understand why one of them was saying duct and the other gaff. I didn't even know what Gaffer tape was.
    QUOTE:
    I remember it as being Geraldo who brought the Gaff tape up, too.

No big surprise since, imo, he evidently is working with the defense in such a close way. He hasn't been too anxious to push any of the real facts of this case unless it favors them in some remote way or he can spin it towards them, IMO.

I brought all of these over in this manner because unfortunately once a thread is closed you are no longer able to use the conventional method of quoting a passage or a post. Anyhow I brought all of this over to remind us all to be vigilant between what is fact and what is an unknown yet to be established...:blowkiss:

17. magic-cat

magic-cat Mother to Many

This thread seems to be in flux or something. I went on the main page to the duct tape match #2 and it did not bring me HERE. I went into my own personal posts and arrived here...where IS here when the other thread has the very same title and this one is not it?

18. magic-cat

magic-cat Mother to Many

There are 2 threads with the very same title...

19. Muzikman

Muzikman ROCKIN!

I think the other thread was locked as it was about 30 pages, but is now somehow unlocked. Seems like there were a lot more posts on that thread that are gone now too.

That other one should be #1, or this should be #3, or something...

Looks like this is something for JBean? :)

20. magic-cat

magic-cat Mother to Many

Yeah it is a metamorphisizing thread! (I know that is not a word, and if it were that would not be how you spell it, but...we are Somewhere In Between here!). Yep, JBean to the rescue?>:blowkiss:

21. lookieloo

lookieloo New Member

Under today's article in the Orlando Sentinel about the defense's filing motions, there are some comments. the one I found interesting and am wondering if I have missed it posted somewhere else, if it is true, rumor, or false, is that this duct tape was "pinched from the Lexus Dealership" where GA worked.