The Elevator Video: What's your take?

Discussion in 'Elisa Lam' started by The Cheese, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SplishSplash

SplishSplash New Member

I have been in the "she absolutely was in danger, controlled fear, escalating due to a perp" camp without being moved by a single post to think differently until this one. I can see the boy crazy thing. I even watched the vid again and I can.

2. tapu

tapu Pretty scary.

Good post! All along, I have gotten the feeling that many who say she is suffering from [list of 3 psych disorders] and/or on [list of 3 drugs] have never suffered nor been on any of those things, and have perhaps little or no 2nd hand knowledge either.

3. tapu

tapu Pretty scary.

I see what you see. This is essentially the first reading I had of the video, too, and still do. This is a date or meet-up gone bad. It's just the first part where Elisa is still titillated but maybe feeling early uneasiness about the situation. Knowing what we do about the end, this may be the beginning.

4. Xavier

Xavier New Member

Redbird, I really believe she was engaging with someone and her animated and "loopy" behavior could be she was on her meds or something else

I do think someone was creating anxiety in her..But with the animated bahavior and a hard time seeing straight - no eyewear - and an out of town traveller all alone, I'm afraid some perp took advantage of her, killed her, it was too easy an opportunity to pass up IMO

5. Xavier

Xavier New Member

Good post...Elisa spoke to her mom daily while travelling, so I have to think she had "girl talk " with her mom as two adults would do and possibly mentioned meeting some guys she was attracted to

Keep in mind, from my readings, the Lam family seems to be keeping the customary Asian tradition of being low key, not saying much about EL's death

But I'm sure LAPD has inquired, it's just that no intel is known to the public about what Mrs Lam knows about who Elisa may have met in LA

6. Xavier

Xavier New Member

It's also amazing how the Chinese news media seem to have regular in depth shows solely about Elisa's death

Here's one video and the TV hosts even have a replica of the water tank...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-umuvUtnls8&NR=1&feature=endscreen"]【關鍵時刻2300】每個房間都死過人的飯店 不是自殺不是他殺的藍可兒1020222 - YouTube[/ame]

7. findinganatta

findinganatta New Member

No offense, but I think you're being unrealistically rigid in your description of how people behave on different drugs. There are no definite rules about it. Yes, there are sets of behaviors that are common to particular drugs, but some people exhibit varying degrees of those behavior. I've taken most of the drugs you listed, and your descriptions don't necessarily reflect how I acted.

For instance, with ecstasy, LSD, and mushrooms, you can be somewhat aware in one moment, then completely lost in hallucinations the next, and then fade back into being aware of your surroundings for a little while. These drugs aren't predictable enough to know how all people will behave on them. Plus, a person's own personality has some influence on their drug behavior.

Personally, I think EL definitely looks like she could be tripping on ecstasy. Remember, she might have been attempting to control some of her behaviors because she was in the middle of a hotel (albeit somewhat in vain). Also, we might be seeing the beginning of her trip, before it fully kicked in. She could have become much more messed up afterwards.

All I know is that from the moment I first saw the video, before I heard anyone else's opinions (other than it was "creepy"), I immediately suspected drugs, and specifically hallucinogens/psychedelic drugs.

8. findinganatta

findinganatta New Member

I can't speak for anyone else, but my whole reason for theorizing about these things is precisely because I am familiar with them and recognize certain aspects in EL during the video.

9. walklikeacat

walklikeacat New Member

I wonder if it is mentioned. If you look at the video between 2:12 and 2:20 then you can see a dark (black) surface at her right waist, at that contour line. It is most visible at 2:15 and goes away as a movement to the left at 2:20. Anybody seen this and discussed it? If it does not belong to her, could someone with black gloves be holding her with one arm?

10. sugarpooper

sugarpooper New Member

Well didn't the Chinese media determine there was a mirror directly in front of where she was standing? Perhaps she was staring at the mirror with wonder. The way she went back into the Elevator with her hands on her hair right after possibly staring at herself in the mirror for a long while suggested to me someone who might be drug induced. I don't think its a certainty she was on anything, But given how shady Downtown Los Angeles & Cecil Hotel is, I think its important we keep an open mind of the Elevator footage. I should also note that I didn't specifically mean just MDMA, Guess the toxicology report will tell.

11. Conductor71

Conductor71 New Member

From what I have read, Elisa and her family had been in Canada less than ten years having emigrated from China. Her parents speak little English; this might factor in to why so little info is released as well.

I read in EL's Tumblr that her parents did not know of her social media presence and it seemed like she thought they would not approve. I get the feeling she would definitely talk guys with her sister, but I don't even think that her parents knew why she was in LA.

12. BlueShoe

BlueShoe Well-Known Member

I definitely see the same thing. However, it is too indefinite to tell what it is. I do think there is someone or something visible there.

13. walklikeacat

walklikeacat New Member

It could be as simple as her sweater which crinkle. It is very blurry and the pixelation gives dark pixels through the contour lines. When something is pushed together - when she bends - then the contour line gets almost black.

14. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that ther

So, what about the possibility of it being something like her being under the impression that she was experiencing something paranormal that was occurring.. IMO I actually see that as possibly what was taking place in this elevator video..again just a possibility, but without doubt anyone at all familiar with the Cecil Hotel is absolutely familiar with its highly active paranormal activity that is supposedly attached to it.. I'm not proposing that this is necessarily actual paranormal activity(while not stating as fact that its NOT either), but my point is that what if this is what Elisa was believing was happening in those moments during the video.. IMO there's absolutely no doubt at all that the workers of the hotel whether they honestly believe in it themselves, no doubt this is often a topic in telling of all of the activity whether true or not..

IMO I can definitely see her being convinced(again whether in reality it was actually occurring or not is not the point), its that in that state of mind she was convinced there was something paranormal happening.. just throwing out a possibility that's not necessarily a theory of there actually being paranorml activity at play, but that Elisa in that moment in time was possibly convinced that paranormal activity was occurring..this state of mind could be a combination of factors that led to her believing that in her being told about the high level of activity..possibly repeatedly ..possibly even told by some for the purpose of scaring her.. combine that with being in a state of mind that is somewhat altered due to meds, lack of meds, or alcohol.. and IMO I can definitely see a young woman easily coming to believe that she was in fact experiencing something paranormal...

Question regarding the actual footage..what are the opinions on the movements at the 1:57 minute mark where she is standing in elevator doorway literally maneuvering her hands in such a way as if she is feeling around for something if that makes sense...definitely something that is seen when people are either experiencing paranormal activity, believe they are experiemcing paranormal activity, or acting like they are experiencing paranormal activity...kwim?

Anyhow just some of my random thoughts and I definitely am quite unsure what to believe is the truth of what happened..

The main reason for my not believing she ended up in that tank completely of her own doing is that I don't believe she could have been able to maneuver and open the top lid to the tank, not to mention dive or crawl in from there... IMO it would be believable to me as *possible* in a severely altered state of mind if there was no latched lid that had to be opened.. and the square was just a open..atleast in that way I could believe it *possible* for her to have fallen into the tank..but the fact the lids are latched shut IMO truly discredits the possibility of her having done this all alone, completely unassisted...jmo, tho.

15. sugarpooper

sugarpooper New Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YO4QbaNDjI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YO4QbaNDjI[/ame]

16. Qrious

Qrious New Member

With respect, what makes you so certain she wasn't staying on the 14th floor? Correct me if I'm wrong, I read only one report that says she "reportedly" stayed on the 4th floor.

17. Qrious

Qrious New Member

To me, it was just the sway of her skirt caused by a slight twitch or turn of possibly her right leg (which is hidden from our view). That moment was when she was just about to re-enter the elevator.

18. BlueShoe

Possible, but it still looks to me like her skirt actually comes down, not just moves in a swaying motion. The rest of her body stays to still, it really looks like the skirt moving on its own, not a result of other body movement. Just what I'm seeing.

19. Qrious

Qrious New Member

The theory you referred to doesn't go with the fact that she came from the video left direction but poked her head out to see in the opposite direction, and later faced that opposite direction when she talked.

20. BlueShoe

Thanks for the real-time video, Sugarpooper. It does make the hand motions look more normal and less like invisible "petting." Also their duration is not as long. Also she looks less drugged or drunk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.