The "Everything Michael Jackson" Thread

Troi said:
Friedman got some details wrong....Jay-Z isn't president of Def Jam, but president of Roc-a-fella, his own label.
In the other article linked here Friedman was also wrong when he said that Stevie Wonder "politely declined" to work with Jackson on the charity single, or so it seems.

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/12849409.htm

Little Richard is in Macon, and he says he's going to put on a heck of a show... He was "doing some business" on the West Coast before heading to the Bahamas to record with singing legends Stevie Wonder and Patti LaBelle. It's for Michael Jackson's Katrina benefit single, tentatively titled "From the Bottom of My Heart."

Friedman was right about Michael Jackson being in London at the Dorchester Hotel.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4321716.stm

Seems that Michael Jackson literally "invited" that fan hysteria around his visit. Otherwise...Why did he give the 2 Seas Record video material to the media?

Obviuosly he still hasn't learnt to deal with crazy fans......

Last Updated Sat, 08 Oct 2005 16:43:08 EDT
CBC Arts
spacer.gif
Pop singer Michael Jackson fell to the ground Saturday as he tried to get into a theatre in London, U.K., to see a stage production of Billy Elliot.

jackson-michael_cp_8620668.jpg

Jackson leaves the Victoria Palace Theatre, London, Saturday October 8, 2005. (AP Photo/ Andrew Parsons, PA) Hundreds of fans showed up to get a glimpse of the star, and his security staff had to force a path through the crowd.

Jackson, 47, tried to get through the admirers and photographers standing outside the Victoria Palace theatre, but fell to the ground in the commotion.

Jackson's children accompanied him to the show, but their faces were covered as they entered. more at link:http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2005/10/08/Arts/Jackson_falls20052008.html

Too bad he can't realize this fall was both literal and figurative.

Awwww...hope poor Mikey didn't get an owie when he fell down and went boom.

carnation said:
Awwww...hope poor Mikey didn't get an owie when he fell down and went boom.
Maybe his nose fell off???:crazy: Too bad he wasn't trampled...

I'm thinking the nose fell off and he was trying to retrive it. "Fell down" yeah, right. :loser:

I wish he would stay down every time he falls or at the very least hit his head to knock some sense into it. The last I heard was that he was in London and recording this single, but every report I've heard on radio and television thinks it's a big joke. I really don't see it selling much. People should send their money directly to red cross or any other reputable charitable orginization if they want to help but plllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeee don't buy this garbage that he is spewing, it will only aid in his fantasy that he is anything but a washed up pedophile. Whew I feel better now............:twocents:

bing1 said:
I wish he would stay down every time he falls or at the very least hit his head to knock some sense into it. The last I heard was that he was in London and recording this single, but every report I've heard on radio and television thinks it's a big joke. I really don't see it selling much. People should send their money directly to red cross or any other reputable charitable orginization if they want to help but plllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeee don't buy this garbage that he is spewing, it will only aid in his fantasy that he is anything but a washed up pedophile. Whew I feel better now............:twocents:
I can tell you for sure I won't buy his crap Bing... I donated my daughter's used clothes, toys, and books directly to help someone in need in Louisiana...

PEOPLE
Posted on Sat, Oct. 15, 2005

So what's up with that Michael Jackson Katrina fund-raising single?

A Los Angeles Times report Friday indicated the status appears to be one of three things:

Behind schedule.

Really, really behind schedule.

Dead.

Jackson's plans for an all-star charity single to aid Hurricane Katrina victims called for the song to be ready two weeks from now, but that apparently is not going happen. A spokesman for James Brown, said to be involved with the project, told the Los Angeles Times "We heard from Michael's people last week. ... It's been pushed back about one or two more weeks," while Jackson fine-tunes the song.

But the manager for a Grammy-winning artist supposedly in on the project said, "It's going nowhere. We had one phone call, and nothing has happened since, and I'd be surprised at this point if it did." Among the heavyweights Jackson named to his project were Mariah Carey, Jay-Z, R. Kelly, Lauryn Hill, James Brown, Wyclef Jean, Lenny Kravitz and more. But one performer's publicist told the L.A. Times, "A lot of the people on that list found out about their commitment when the release came out." Another publicist said that some artists have dropped out or are only minimally interested in pursuing it. None of the publicists wanted their clients' name published.

more at link:http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/entertainment/12910742.htm

LinasK said:
PEOPLE
Posted on Sat, Oct. 15, 2005

So what's up with that Michael Jackson Katrina fund-raising single?

A Los Angeles Times report Friday indicated the status appears to be one of three things:

Behind schedule.

Really, really behind schedule.

Dead.

Jackson's plans for an all-star charity single to aid Hurricane Katrina victims called for the song to be ready two weeks from now, but that apparently is not going happen. A spokesman for James Brown, said to be involved with the project, told the Los Angeles Times "We heard from Michael's people last week. ... It's been pushed back about one or two more weeks," while Jackson fine-tunes the song.

But the manager for a Grammy-winning artist supposedly in on the project said, "It's going nowhere. We had one phone call, and nothing has happened since, and I'd be surprised at this point if it did." Among the heavyweights Jackson named to his project were Mariah Carey, Jay-Z, R. Kelly, Lauryn Hill, James Brown, Wyclef Jean, Lenny Kravitz and more. But one performer's publicist told the L.A. Times, "A lot of the people on that list found out about their commitment when the release came out." Another publicist said that some artists have dropped out or are only minimally interested in pursuing it. None of the publicists wanted their clients' name published.

more at link:http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/entertainment/12910742.htm
:woohoo: :D "A lot of the people on that list found out about their commitment when the release came out."

:eek: Color me shocked and surprised..........

How many times will this happen before anyone who is anyone in the industry stands up and calls this kettle black? I mean white. No black! :doh:

According to eye-witness reports in London, Michael Jackson has left London this morning. To sum it up, he has done about 2 hours work on the single. Not very much indeed! His cinema, Harrods, Hamley and musical (Billy Elliot) visits are well documented, but his work at a music single isn't. Well, we'll see whether a single surfaces or not, but the official Katrina CD "Come together now" is confirmed for the midst of November cf. to USA Today yesterday and an auction benefitting the Bush-Clinton fundraising for the Hurricane victims make no mention of Michael Jackson at all.

bing1 said:
:eek: Color me shocked and surprised..........

How many times will this happen before anyone who is anyone in the industry stands up and calls this kettle black? I mean white. No black! :doh:

tee hee hee :woohoo:

Troi said:
... but the official Katrina CD "Come together now" is confirmed ...

He obviously pulled that one out of the Beatles catalog. You know. "Come together right now over ME."
:innocent:

The latest word about the acquitted boy molester is that he has been called to jury duty in Santa Maria. But since he doesn't live there anymore...Could you just see him on a jury??

lisafremont said:
He obviously pulled that one out of the Beatles catalog. You know. "Come together right now over ME."
:innocent:

The latest word about the acquitted boy molester is that he has been called to jury duty in Santa Maria. But since he doesn't live there anymore...Could you just see him on a jury??
Oops sorry! The official Katrina and Rita relief CD is called "Come together now", was initiated a.o. by Sharon Stone and has got nothing to do with Michael Jackson! Jackson obviously wasn't invited to release "From the bottom of my heart" (ironically on Stevie Wonders new CD "a Time 2 love" is a song of the same name) on "Come together now".......

BTW, in one of Michael Jackson's last live concert tours he had a cover of John Lennon's "Come together" in the set. I once saw a video of it @ MTV..can't say that I was impressed, there are much better versions of that song......

As for Jackson doing Jury Duty...his attorney T. Meserau has already filed papers stating that Jackson now is permantely living in Bahrain. It may well be that Jackson gives up his ranch Neverland entirely, but the estate isn't on the market yet.

Jackson HAS moved!

"He's looking much better. He's with his children, and he's moving on in life," said Thomas Mesereau Jr., who won Jackson's acquittal on child molestation charges in the summer. "He's living permanently in Bahrain. He has friends there who have been very loyal and helpful to him in a difficult period of his life."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/10/21/MNGH7FBVQ01.DTL

Very loyal and helpful = paying for everything! :croc:

Floh said:
Jackson HAS moved!

"He's looking much better. He's with his children, and he's moving on in life," said Thomas Mesereau Jr., who won Jackson's acquittal on child molestation charges in the summer. "He's living permanently in Bahrain. He has friends there who have been very loyal and helpful to him in a difficult period of his life."

And probably supplying little boys for him and looking the other way/not looking underneath the veils.:rolleyes:

Floh said:
Jackson HAS moved!

:laugh:
hahahahahahah. Got his panties in a bunch and left the country, did he? I hope he doesn't think we care.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back