The Fall Of Kabul To The Taliban #2

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by MajorHoople, Aug 15, 2021.

1. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

The humanity, where is it? imo.
    From heartbreaking CNN link..

''The Taliban has also appealed for aid. "The Taliban is asking aid agencies to come back to Afghanistan and help these people," said one Taliban director of an internal displacement camp in Ghor province. "I'm requesting the international community and aid agencies, before the winter comes, to please come and help."

"I will have to sell another daughter if my financial situation doesn't improve -- probably the 2-year-old"Abdul MalikParwana's father

Back in the Afghan displacement camp in Badghis province, Malik is under no illusions about what the sale means for his daughter -- or what the grim situation means for his family's future.
    Qorban said he will use his daughter as a worker not a bride, but Malik knows he has no control over what happens to her now.
    "The old man told me, 'I'm paying for the girl. It's none of your business what I'm doing with her ... that's my business,'" Malik told CNN.
    The ominous warning weighs heavily on him as he considers the bleak days ahead. The cold is creeping in, and snow has already begun coating parts of the country. When the money from Parwana's sale runs out, he will be back at square one -- with three daughters and a son still at home to support.
    "As I can see, we don't have a future -- our future is destroyed," he said. "I will have to sell another daughter if my financial situation doesn't improve -- probably the 2-year-old."

worldwatcher, Bootsctr and Dontknow? like this.

2. abr

abr Well-Known Member

Bootsctr, dotr and worldwatcher like this.
  3. worldwatcher

worldwatcher Well-Known Member

It seems that the world (has chosen) to forget Afghanistan...

Wicked Strong, Bootsctr and dotr like this.
  4. Wicked Strong

Wicked Strong Well-Known Member

What a dismal world and values the Afghanistan people live in, I would have never sold my child, rather that I die And my family will agree with me, we are all together and would never abandon anyone. I guess I don't understand their family values. And I don't understand the world and the US to just cover their eyes and ears to this. MOO

worldwatcher, Bootsctr and dotr like this.
  5. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Nov 13 2021
    Afghanistan: Deadly explosion hits mainly Shia suburb of Kabul
    ''At least one person has been killed and four others wounded in an explosion that hit a vehicle in Afghanistan’s capital, Kabul, officials said.

The incident on Saturday took place in Dasht-e Barchi, a Kabul suburb dominated by members of the mostly Shia Hazara community, who for years have been targeted by ISIL-affiliated fighters.''

''The Afghan Journalists Center said the person killed in the blast was Hamid Seighani, a well-known Afghan journalist who used to work for the Ariana television network.

“Unfortunately, we lost another reporter,” the centre tweeted hours after the blast.

There was no claim of responsibility.''

worldwatcher and Bootsctr like this.
  6. otto

otto Verified Expert

I hope more countries examine their role in Afghanistan.

"Twenty years of involvement in a lost war and a botched military evacuation from Afghanistan last summer have prompted a political and institutional reckoning in the Netherlands — the likes of which may never happen in Canada.

In fact, the Netherlands is conducting three separate investigations of how the country handled different aspects of the Afghanistan mission. The first examines last summer's troubled evacuation. The second takes a broader look at the country's two decades of involvement in the ruined south Asian nation.

And the final review — which promises to be the most politically charged of the three — explores what the Dutch government knew about U.S. evacuation plans and when it knew it.​

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/afghanistan-netherlands-canada-review-1.6263997

7. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/afghan-girl-killed-taliban-1.6289324
    Dec 16 2021
    [​IMG]
    Nazifa, 10, was preparing to start a new life in Canada with her family when the Taliban opened fire on their vehicle in Kandahar on Dec. 10. (Submitted by Kynan Walper)
    ''A 10-year-old Afghan girl who was preparing to come to Canada with her family was instead shot dead by the Taliban last week, a death critics say is partly to blame on Ottawa's sluggish efforts to relocate Afghans who worked with the Canadian military.

Nazifa's father had worked for the Canadian Armed Forces in Kandahar, said Kynan Walper, chief operations officer at Aman Lara, a veterans group volunteering to help Afghans who served with the military escape the country.

Walper blamed an inadequate evacuation effort by the Canadian government and delays in immigration processing for the girl's killing.

"I cannot be clear enough — this young girl is dead because of delays in getting people over here," said Walper. He says Nazifa was learning English and was excited about moving to Canada. ''

''The family was returning from a wedding on the night of Dec. 10 in Kandahar, the Taliban's heartland, when the shooting happened.

The group thought they had been cleared to pass through a checkpoint — but seconds later Taliban fighters opened fire on their vehicle.''