The Forensic Investigation

Discussion in 'Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell' started by xynthia, Apr 20, 2015.

1. xynthia

xynthia New Member

2. Loading...

3. Damarna

Damarna Verified State Coordinator for CFSI/ Insider - Par

So do you think this is because no COD can be determined?

4. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, firimar!

My best guess is that investigators have called in a forensic anthropologist to assist them in determining time of death. Just a guess, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forensic_anthropology

The investigator may find evidence regarding cause and manner of death; however, when flesh is still found on the bone, the stage of decomposition is noted and time since death may be more effectively narrowed.

5. cluciano63

cluciano63 Active Member

Oh dear...wonder if cause if death cannot be determined.

6. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

Wait! Didn't someone say AJ was cremated? Argh. It was in the last thread. I'll see if I can find it...

ETA: At 0:19 the reporter says "We learned today that AJ's body was cremated."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeCUzPwZeWU

Reporting error?

7. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom Because I'm the Mom, that's why.

8. Just K

Just K New Member

What is the Practice of Forensic Anthropology?
    • The analysis of skeletal, badly decomposed, or otherwise unidentified human remains is important in both legal and humanitarian contexts.
    • Forensic anthropologists apply standard scientific techniques developed in physical anthropology to analyze human remains, and to aid in the detection of crime.
    • In addition to assisting in locating and recovering human skeletal remains, forensic anthropologists work to assess the age, sex, ancestry, stature, and unique features of a decedent from the skeleton.
    • Forensic anthropologists frequently work in conjunction with forensic pathologists, odontologists, and homicide investigators to identify a decedent, document trauma to the skeleton, and/or estimate the postmortem interval.
    http://www.theabfa.org/

9. Just K

Just K New Member

http://www.itsgov.com/forensic-anthropology.html
    Forensic anthropology includes archaeological excavation, as well as examination of hair, insects, facial reproduction, medicine, but still, the most important job for such a forensic is to identify a decadent body based on the evidence – and there is more use for this than you might think. Regardless of whether the skeleton is fossilized, prehistoric, historic, or modern, and regardless of the conditions in which it was found, the main goals of an osteological analysis are the same: to reconstruct as much as possible about a person’s life from a thorough examination of his or her bones after death.

10. mom2six

mom2six New Member

More inconsistencies. I wish we could get a straight story from just about anyone in this case.

11. JenaTaoson

JenaTaoson Member

12. Eileen730

Eileen730 Former Member

This is what I thought also. I think they want to know how long she was there.
    Maybe she was moved.

13. Eileen730

Eileen730 Former Member

Forensic anthropology is the application of the science of anthropology in a legal setting┬Śmost often physical anthropology and human biology are used in criminal cases (FBI, CIA and military) where the victim's remains are in the advanced stages of decomposition.

Reference: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forensic_anthropology

14. skinnycat

skinnycat Member

Would the investigators have the family told that AJ was cremated when in fact they still had the remains? Sounds unethical,

but this is a murder case and I think that they need to do whatever it is that they have to do to get the guilty party

15. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

I wonder who the source was for information that AJ was cremated. It could have been an honest error and it probably was but it came from somewhere. I don't think anyone would deliberately mislead the public but wow, what a whopper of a mistake.

16. granola

granola New Member

Perhaps they have tissue samples and the body has been cremated. They don't say what they need the anthropologist to do for them.

17. Eileen730

Eileen730 Former Member

I think the family just said that!
    As someone said yesterday here why would they release a body in a murder investigation and let it be cremated.

18. Mistree

Mistree Active Member

Or if certain bones have certain marks , injuries or are somewhat disintegrated etc.
    ? can chemicals cause bones to deteriorate faster? I know that freezing and then rapid thawing can.

19. skibaboo

skibaboo Active Member

Nice use of Ali G :D

Is it possible she was cremated but 'something' was kept for further analysis? Can they do that?

20. Butterfly Kisses

Butterfly Kisses New Member

There was not an urn at the memorial service. I looked for it and it was not there.

21. FindHG

FindHG WS Liason Staff Member WS Liason