The Grand Jury & Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
as I recall in the hearings I was impressed with his attorneys....from what I heard there think he has a good chance of getting off easy here but looking forward to hearing the entire story.

I can't help but wonder if Nancy Grace will be in attendance at the trial. She lives about 20 miles away from where it will be held.
She attended and reported from Arizona during Jodi Arias' trial.
I am still debating on whether I am going to go or not. I could stay with my dad and be 10 min away! I'm just not sure I can stomach it. If they start drawing numbers or racing to get in line, I won't even consider going. I'm really on the fence on this one!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

If I could, I would go for sure. Too bad I'm far away and broke!! Lol

Does he deserve to get off easy? I've heard of cases where babies and children are left in hot cars, but mostly I've sympathized with the parents. I don't think they deserve to be punished, I think losing a child in that way and knowing its your fault is punishment enough and my heart breaks for them, but I thought there was more to the story here. (This was in response to turaj's post on top of the page. My quote didn't work. Oops!)

Correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't follow this case too closely. Will be following.

RIP baby Cooper

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/jury-selection-delayed-in-ross-harris-trial/nq3m6/

Potential jurors in Ross Harris trial make case to be excused

Selecting a jury, slated to begin Tuesday morning, is expected to take up to two weeks, if not longer, according to legal observers. It’s possible Staley will determine that 12 impartial jurors can’t be found.

Assuming a jury is seated, testimony is likely to take at least six weeks, probably more, say representatives from the prosecution and defense.

I feel like the judge should have maybe moved the trial out of Cobb County but I read the defense's arguments for a change of venue and they were awful. Maybe that's a strategy on their part.

Considering the trial is going to last six weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if we see an huge increase in national media coverage towards the end of it. The verdict could go in any direction and will cause controversy no matter what it is.

as I recall in the hearings I was impressed with his attorneys....from what I heard there think he has a good chance of getting off easy here but looking forward to hearing the entire story.

Does he deserve to get off easy? I've heard of cases where babies and children are left in hot cars, but mostly I've sympathized with the parents. I don't think they deserve to be punished, I think losing a child in that way and knowing its your fault is punishment enough and my heart breaks for them, but I thought there was more to the story here. (This was in response to turaj's post on top of the page. My quote didn't work. Oops!)

Correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't follow this case too closely. Will be following.

RIP baby Cooper

He deserves to be burned alive, smothered and buried under the jail...after castration. (and I'm being nice)

Read this and then talk about him 'getting off easy'

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...oss-Harris-probable-cause-hearing-3-July-2014

[video=twitter;719571360041869312]https://twitter.com/SimsCBS46/status/719571360041869312[/video]

10 minutes before!!!

‘I love my son and all, but … ‘

Perhaps the most damning evidence presented against Harris thus far was his response to a social media post from an anonymous mother lamenting her decision to have children.

“I love my son and all,” Harris wrote 10 minutes before he left Cooper in his car. “But we both need escapes.”

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/mistake-or-murder-trial-begins-in-justin-ross-harr/nq2ff/

[video=twitter;719572429165740032]https://twitter.com/SimsCBS46/status/719572429165740032[/video]

Have we found out if this will be live streamed anywhere or is it not happening in this trial? I have been waiting soooo long for this thing to get what's coming to him.

Justice for baby Cooper! :rose:

Have we found out if this will be live streamed anywhere or is it not happening in this trial? I have been waiting soooo long for this thing to get what's coming to him.

Justice for baby Cooper! :rose:
I believe that it will be once the trial starts. I thought the target date is April 26th? 28th? I need to check the calendar. Wild About Trial and one other "Court" outlet have said they will. Beth Karas (I think) has a blog about it too. Saw a great article last night on twitter too. I'll post links.

I believe that it will be once the trial starts. I thought the target date is April 26th? 28th? I need to check the calendar. Wild About Trial and one other "Court" outlet have said they will. Beth Karas (I think) has a blog about it too. Saw a great article last night on twitter too. I'll post links.

Thanks, gngr-snap! Nice to "see" you again. :)

I really hope all the original posters that followed from the beginning will be back for the trial.

I really hope all the original posters that followed from the beginning will be back for the trial.
I imagine they will! I think this trial is gonna get LOTS of media coverage based on all the comments I am reading on Facebook from my friends that live around Marietta Square. There's no more parking! People are actually parking in private driveways to walk to the court house! This is just JURY SELECTION FOLKS!!
It hasn't even gotten "real" yet!
* note to self... AVOID Marietta Square until July, unless I am having someone drip me off to attend!! [emoji6]

[video=twitter;719577456424914944]https://twitter.com/SimsCBS46/status/719577456424914944[/video]

Roll call - I'll be here, you betcha! :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member