The Hearsay Law

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Thank you kindly, Judge White!

http://www.examiner.com/x-7520-Chicago-Crime-Examiner~y2009m10d3-Peteson-stays-in-jai-and-his-case-stays-in-Will-County

Peteson stays in jai and his case stays in Will County

Peterson took a one-two punch in court yesterday. A judge denied a request to rule a hearsay law unconstitutional and a request to move the case out of Will County.

The hearsay law is less than a year old and it's key to the state's case against Peterson. Attorney Joel Brodsky predicted the judge would rule the law unconstitutional and was hopeful that would clear the way for a lower bond that would allow Peterson to leave jail sometime next week.

It didn't play out that way. Judge Stephen White upheld the constitutionality of the law which will allow witnesses to testify about what Peterson's third and fourth wives told friends and family about him.

Jan 19, 2010 10:50 am US/Eastern
Victim To Speak 'From The Grave' On Peterson Case
Kathleen Savio's Statements Will Be Heard At Pre-Trial Hearing

JOLIET, Ill. (CBS) -- Six years after she mysteriously drowned in a bathtub, Kathleen Savio is finally getting her day in court at a crucial pre-trial hearing in the Drew Peterson case.

Savio essentially will testify from the grave Tuesday, with witnesses expected to tell Will County Judge Stephen White how Savio discussed and wrote about her fears that her ex-husband, former Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson, would kill her.

Her testimony will come through comments she purportedly made to family members and others about threats from Peterson as their stormy marriage ended.

Even statements allegedly made by Peterson's missing fourth wife, Stacy, could be presented during the hearing, which could run for a month.

more here

http://wjz.com/national/drew.peterson.hearing.2.1434808.html

Angel that Cares has once again helped us with the videos and articles.......many thanks!
why DID WE ONLY SEE AN ARTISTS PICTURE (oops caps) of drew and no video or pics of him???
Were cameras and news not allowed in hearing?
Wasn't it public?
Do we know yet what happened?
I am still reading, may find out............
just thought I'd check snd see if anyone knew anything yet.
This will last along time, hope it is on go!
This hearsay can put alot of spouse murderers behind bars!

Angel that Cares has once again helped us with the videos and articles.......many thanks!
why DID WE ONLY SEE AN ARTISTS PICTURE (oops caps) of drew and no video or pics of him???
Wasn't it public?

passionflower, no cameras allowed in the courtroom, not even cell phones, so no "tweeting" either. Media was allowed in, but not to film.

Wasn't it public?

I looked at a lot of stories, but found only 2 pics of Drew going in, just both quick snips on video. (posted in the album)

No cameras in court in IL. The hearing is expected to take 2-3-4 weeks depending on who you listen to.

I want Drew to pay for what he's done to 2 wives, but I disagree with the hearsay law, it is unconstitutional.

Yes, in Drew's case it seems terrific, because there is overwhelming abundance of hearsay. Everyone around both women seemed to know he was going to kill them fgs.
Both women knew it.
The families knew it.
The co-workers knew it.
The cops knew it.
The SA office knew it.
The damn pastor even knew it.
Kathleen told everyone.
Stacy asked for help. She asked for a place to live, she even told the pastor DP killed KS.

So yeah, the "Drew's Law" is 'fine just fine' if it puts him away...

But what happens later... way past Drew Peterson?

It is a bad law.

The only photos I saw was DP entering the building with his head down.........camera shy NOW???? DP should hang his head LOW!!
He has murdered atleast 2 people.

I am all for the hearsay law........I will defend it.
Nicole Simpson had a diary that would of put OJ behind bars, with DV abuse in his history. All knew but he was a celebrity.
Susan Powell is a great example.
Look how many people knew what she was going through with a control freak husband.
I for one did the diary and told as many people as I could also, just like KS and SP.
I survived, but I wrote down who it would be if the accident didn't look right.
I would hope that the hearsay law would take more than a he said she said thing.
Kathleen wrote to the ATTny general with her fears.
Now to me that was a huge red flag that was totally ignored!
Her case should of been looked into instead.
But DP was a cop.
I say ""YES"" to this law and put these people in jail where they belong!
JMOO

snipped...

A son from Peterson's first marriage to Carol Brown described watching Peterson in 1993 dragging Savio into the house by her hair.
"She was screaming for help," said Eric Peterson, who described Savio as drunk. "He was pulling her down the stairs."
Eric Peterson, who once spent weekends with Savio and Peterson, has been estranged from his father since 1993.

Article:

http://www.thesunnews.com/nationworld/story/1273517.html

Today's testimony from two powerful witnesses had to be riveting! I was surprised that Eric Peterson was a witness, but it sounds like his testimony will be more of a first person account, rather than hearsay. He actually witnessed his father dragging Kathleen into the house by her hair.

Today's testimony from two powerful witnesses had to be riveting! I was surprised that Eric Peterson was a witness, but it sounds like his testimony will be more of a first person account, rather than hearsay. He actually witnessed his father dragging Kathleen into the house by her hair.

Sounds like the prosecution is inter-mingling direct testimony with hearsay testimony....as in corroborating testimony.

Wish this was on camera...I'd sure love to be there or to see it.

The witness I am looking forward to hearing from is Stacy's pastor, Neil Schiori. I'm sure there will be some bombshells in his testimony.

Sounds like the prosecution is inter-mingling direct testimony with hearsay testimony....as in corroborating testimony.

Wish this was on camera...I'd sure love to be there or to see it.

The witness I am looking forward to hearing from is Stacy's pastor, Neil Schiori. I'm sure there will be some bombshells in his testimony.

I think the direct testimony from Eric Peterson and Tom Morphey, along with the testimony today from Sgt. Collins and Sharon Bychowski, is setting the stage.........giving the background, for which the hearsay evidence will be presented. I expect Neil Schiori to be much later is the list of witnesses.

I'm glad to see that TM seems to be so strong on the stand. I wish I had more time to follow this the way I'd like.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back