The Hobbs Family Secret

There will be no further arrest in this case is all I believe. Doesn't matter if I believe Hobbs is the killer or not he will not be charged. In order for the DA's office to charge anyone they will want the smoking gun ie solid dna. There isn't any therefore no arrest will come forth.

What do you think that the defenses dismissal was for?

Here are the documents where they want to test and then where they dismiss the testing.

October 29, 2007
Second Amended Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus (Echols) [District Court]
http://callahan.8k.com/pdf/2nd_Amend...10-29-2007.pdf

September 8, 2011
Motion to Dismiss Second Amended Petition for a Writ of Habeas Corpus (Echols) [District Court]

http://callahan.8k.com/pdf/de_motion_dismiss_habeas.pdf

A Writ of Habeas Corpus has nothing to do with asking for any kind of testing. It is a very basic concept. I'll try to make it simple. When someone files a Writ of Habeas Corpus (which is a legal document), they are stating that either they themselves or someone they represent is being held prisoner, or detained, unfairly or unlawfully. Within the writ they should state their reasons as to why they believe they are being held unfairly.

"Habeas Corpus" is a latin phrase which loosely translates to "you have the body", meaning the physical body of the person being detained. It's an extremely common legal action worldwide.

I've looked at WM3.org and many other places and cannot find any mention of this fiber except for the posts here.

So how would you know this? Were you at Sundance and overheard her?

I wasn't at Sundance I heard it from someone who was.

Michael Moore is buried in Crittenden Memorial Park in Marion, Ark.
Chris Byers is buried in Forest Hill Cemetery East in Memphis.
Stevie Branch is buried in Mt. Zion Cemetery in Steele, MO.

There is surveillance film that was made at the boy's services. I will look for a link for it.

Does anybody know where the boys are buried?

I know in the Darlie R. case, they set up a hidden camera just in case she confessed.

There is some discussion about it on various message boards. Not sure what I can and cannot link to here so I will send you a pm. Pam Hobb's sister went public with the information on one board and others have run with it.

I've looked at WM3.org and many other places and cannot find any mention of this fiber except for the posts here.

So how would you know this? Were you at Sundance and overheard her?

I could be wrong, but I believe that Pam just learned of the fiber match at the Sundance Film Festival. Shortly before the premiere, she and her sister were crying and hugging and someone asked why they were so happy. That's when Pam's sister inadvertently blurted out the testing results. The information was overheard by others who were present, and it is now "out there" so to speak.

IIRC, I have mentioned before that, at the time of the release of the WMFree, there was still material being tested by Bode. It included animal hairs and fibers. I had always assumed that they were retesting the fibers from the trial in order to eliminate the clothing items from the defendants' homes as the sources. They could have done that, too. However, what is now obvious is that the knife collection of Terry Hobbs was examined.

A fiber was found in a hinge of one of those knives. (This was reported, IIRC, back in 2010 shortly after the ASSC ruling.) However, the State fought to prevent the defense from testing additional items, finally agreeing to the testing since the defense was paying. Obviously, this testing, later ordered by Judge Laser, was completed and the results are being made public or will be shortly.

It makes sense to me that the first people told were the family members. What I don't know is whether or not these results were included in the information sent to Ellington on January 19th. Hopefully, Ellington will "find" the packet sent by the defense and make its contents public soon.

A Writ of Habeas Corpus has nothing to do with asking for any kind of testing. It is a very basic concept. I'll try to make it simple. When someone files a Writ of Habeas Corpus (which is a legal document), they are stating that either they themselves or someone they represent is being held prisoner, or detained, unfairly or unlawfully. Within the writ they should state their reasons as to why they believe they are being held unfairly.

"Habeas Corpus" is a latin phrase which loosely translates to "you have the body", meaning the physical body of the person being detained. It's an extremely common legal action worldwide.

To expand-since Damien was released from prison there was no need for the Writ of Habeas Corpus filing to continue so a motion to dismiss was filed and the motion was granted. End of The Writ, end of story!

Defense team raises new evidence in WM3 case

"We had three affidavits from three boys that had contact with Terry Hobbs' nephew and in different instances Terry Hobbs nephew confessed to what has been quoted as the Hobbs Family Secret," Patrick Benca said.

Is this it? Maybe the 2 hairs found at the scene (TH & his guitar playing buddy)?

Ahhhhhhh I bet you're right, I was hoping for something more incriminating than hearsay, although I think the nephew passed a lie detector.

No, it wasn't the nephew who took a lie detector. Three of his friends took polygraphs, and they, along with one of their mothers and iirc two others, made statements under pain of perjury. Only one of those peoples' testimonies could be used in court, (the one who overheard Hobbs say it himself), but I think a Grand Jury could take testimony from all of them.

Let me guess.......
The first and only vacation outside of Arkansas for this nephew and his buddies will be for them to travel to NYC for all the morning talk shows' interviews. (I desperately need an emoticon showing a smilie holding a tv channel changer.)

No, it wasn't the nephew who took a lie detector. Three of his friends took polygraphs, and they, along with one of their mothers and iirc two others, made statements under pain of perjury. Only one of those peoples' testimonies could be used in court, (the one who overheard Hobbs say it himself), but I think a Grand Jury could take testimony from all of them.

Thanks for clearing that up. I have another question, I read that there was Dna on Stevie's penis that didn't match up to anyone, does anyone know what type of DNA it was?

It was a foreign allele, there wasn't enough to tell what type of DNA it was. Looking at the way the bodies were handled with no gloves on, that DNA probably belongs to a morgue worker or someone involved in the autopsy, but there's no way to tell.

According to the Commercial Appeal:

He (Hobb's brother) said his son and the three friends had a falling out and this is their way to get even. Braga's team acknowledged that Hobbs Jr. had given information to police against two of the three witnesses.

Seriously ridiculous.

According to the Commercial Appeal:

He (Hobb's brother) said his son and the three friends had a falling out and this is their way to get even. Braga's team acknowledged that Hobbs Jr. had given information to police against two of the three witnesses.

Seriously ridiculous.

Maybe if they hadn't of had the falling out they would have kept the secret, just because it may be revenge doesn't mean it's not true, they did pass a lie detector test.

Two of the witnesses have an obvious reason for a grudge, but what about the third one? Michael Hobbs didn't give evidence against him, he is still friends with the Hobbs family, which is why his name hasn't been released to the press. So what's his motive?

Two of the witnesses have an obvious reason for a grudge, but what about the third one? Michael Hobbs didn't give evidence against him, he is still friends with the Hobbs family, which is why his name hasn't been released to the press. So what's his motive?

You tell me. I'm just putting the facts out there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back