The Hobbs Family Secret

I'm afraid I can't tell you, because I can't see why he would lie. He has no grudge, he's still friends with Michael Hobbs Jr., he's not under any threat of any kind of prosecution, he's not a child like Aaron Hutchinson, nor is he a teen like Jessie or Michael Carson.

I'm not gullible enough to take his statement at face value, but I don't see any reason to dismiss it out of hand either. I'd like to know more....

We all know that Hobbs can lie without blinking an eye. What about his brother and nephew? These statements should at least provide a reason for questioning those two under oath. They can deny to the media, but will they, under oath and penalty of perjury, continue to deny? I think this deserves further investigation.

Let me guess.......
The first and only vacation outside of Arkansas for this nephew and his buddies will be for them to travel to NYC for all the morning talk shows' interviews. (I desperately need an emoticon showing a smilie holding a tv channel changer.)

Really hope that wasn't a stab at Arkansans :) I for one have traveled all over country. If it wasn't a stab please excuse; I just get sick of all the barefoot hillbilly redneck uneducated jokes. There are plenty of educated refined cultured people in my state.

Really hope that wasn't a stab at Arkansans :) I for one have traveled all over country. If it wasn't a stab please excuse; I just get sick of all the barefoot hillbilly redneck uneducated jokes. There are plenty of educated refined cultured people in my state.

I'm in East TN...I feel you. The stereotypes are just beyond ridiculous. To hear some people blather, you'd think we have no colleges in the whole of TN. No doctors, no lawyers, no bankers, no engineers or teachers...why shoot, the only thing we know of life is the outhouse and the swimmin' hole. ;-)

I'm from KY, and I heard it all, too. For some reason, there were a lot of students in my university from the East coast. They called us girls "briar broads" and asked us how old we were when we got our first pair of shoes and if our mothers had to nail them on. Yeah, those stereotypes die hard.

When I was teaching, one year for Homecoming, the Student Council planned a week of "dress up" where each day was a different theme, ending with School Spirit Day. One of the days was Hillbilly Day, and the sad part is that this school was in the South - Texas to be exact. I was so offended that I went to the administration and asked them if next year there could be a N-word Day.

I made my point, and the next year Hillbilly Day was replaced by Hawaiian Shirt Day. I've said this before, but Southerners are one of only a few groups of people that it's still OK to ridicule We really shouldn't ridicule any segment of society.

Middle Tennessee here. Nashville area. I also hear you loud and clear, Rdw1981.

I'm from KY, and I heard it all, too. For some reason, there were a lot of students in my university from the East coast. They called us girls "briar broads" and asked us how old we were when we got our first pair of shoes and if our mothers had to nail them on. Yeah, those stereotypes die hard.

When I was teaching, one year for Homecoming, the Student Council planned a week of "dress up" where each day was a different theme, ending with School Spirit Day. One of the days was Hillbilly Day, and the sad part is that this school was in the South - Texas to be exact. I was so offended that I went to the administration and asked them if next year there could be a N-word Day.

I made my point, and the next year Hillbilly Day was replaced by Hawaiian Shirt Day. I've said this before, but Southerners are one of only a few groups of people that it's still OK to ridicule We really shouldn't ridicule any segment of society.

CR, the shoe questions only spoke to their obvious lack of knowledge. I hope you educated them accordingly.

You could say that I gave them an earful! You know me. I'm not shy in expressing either my opinion or my outrage at an injustice.

I don't understand why people will believe stereotypes explicitly. I realize that stereotypes exist because so many people from the group act a certain way, but prejudice is, in part, prejudging someone based on stereotypes. It's part of what convicted Damien - people prejudging him because he was different or had possible mental health issues, etc. It truly sickens me!

Cappuccino,

I respectfully disagree about an exact fiber match. It is my understanding that the newest fiber testing can, in fact, identify an exact garment as a source for a fiber....

Can someone explain how that is possible? (I'm not a chemist, so I'm just asking for the general concept.)

I've watched enough Project Runway to know that fabric, after weaving and dying, is produced in a bolt of cloth, a yard or two wide and many, many yards long. From that bolt, countless garments will be made.

It would seem to me that all garments made from one BOLT might be microscopically identical, but I don't see how individual garments made from the same bolt of fabric could be distinguished chemically.

And wasn't that the problem with original fiber evidence? That the fibers found matched any number of items at the local WalMart? Maybe identifying the exact bolt of cloth would narrow the field further, but we still won't have reached the precision of DNA.

I'm sure there are. We elected one of them President a few years back. I voted for him twice.

But if you don't like the way the state of Arkansas is portrayed, then your anger should be directed at the WMPD and a state legal system that kept 3 innocent men in prison for almost 20 years.

Hillbillies shall be known by their actions.

ETA: FWIW, the Arkansans I know here at WS tell me privately that my jokes at the state's expense don't go nearly far enough, that the political and legal situation there is far worse than I can imagine. Just sayin'...

Can someone explain how that is possible? (I'm not a chemist, so I'm just asking for the general concept.)

I've watched enough Project Runway to know that fabric, after weaving and dying, is produced in a bolt of cloth, a yard or two wide and many, many yards long. From that bolt, countless garments will be made.

It would seem to me that all garments made from one BOLT might be microscopically identical, but I don't see how individual garments made from the same bolt of fabric could be distinguished chemically.

And wasn't that the problem with original fiber evidence? That the fibers found matched any number of items at the local WalMart? Maybe identifying the exact bolt of cloth would narrow the field further, but we still won't have reached the precision of DNA.

I had a computer crash a while back and lost all of my research sites, but there's some new technique that can actually link a fiber to a specific garment. I'm flabbergasted by it, too, but that's what I read. Right now, I'm a bit busy, but when I have the time, I'll try to find the site again.

ETA: This may not be the original research I found, but it is similar.

http://www.urj.ucf.edu/vol1issue1/russo/

Does anyone know if LE actually followed up and interviewed these 3? I know they made sworn statements or affidavits, but did LE actually do any follow up with regard to these 3?

ohh god,thank you ,thank you we are getting closer to the truth,thank you peter jackson and everyone who has supported the three innocent boys that were killed and the three innocent boys that had to pay for it,i'm hoping justice will come,it's just a matter of time

"the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" - mlk

amen!!!!!!

I'm sure there are. We elected one of them President a few years back. I voted for him twice.

But if you don't like the way the state of Arkansas is portrayed, then your anger should be directed at the WMPD and a state legal system that kept 3 innocent men in prison for almost 20 years.

Hillbillies shall be known by their actions.

ETA: FWIW, the Arkansans I know here at WS tell me privately that my jokes at the state's expense don't go nearly far enough, that the political and legal situation there is far worse than I can imagine. Just sayin'...

my husband is from WM and most of my family , I also am an Arkansas native, I love my state I bleed Razorback red! on that note Barney Fife would do a better Job of running LE in WM! IMO!!!!!!

Does anyone know if LE actually followed up and interviewed these 3? I know they made sworn statements or affidavits, but did LE actually do any follow up with regard to these 3?

Not to my knowledge. If I am wrong, I'd love to see a link to information stating otherwise. Remember, these affidavits were taken in February, 2013, after the Alford pleas and during and as a part of the FOIA suit. I seriously doubt that the State had any interest in following up on these affidavits.

IIRC, one of the reasons Swindle (the attorney for Pam Hicks and JMB) took the affidavits was to ascertain if the case was still open or ongoing. If the affidavits were ignored, the case was considered closed and Pam and Mark should be able to see the evidence. If the case was considered open or ongoing, then denial of access to evidence is understandable.

However, as with so much in this case, what happened was simply unbelievable. Ellington did nothing with the affidavits but still denied access to the evidence to these two parents. I would love a rational explanation of this situation!

Not to my knowledge. If I am wrong, I'd love to see a link to information stating otherwise. Remember, these affidavits were taken in February, 2013, after the Alford pleas and during and as a part of the FOIA suit. I seriously doubt that the State had any interest in following up on these affidavits.

IIRC, one of the reasons Swindle (the attorney for Pam Hicks and JMB) took the affidavits was to ascertain if the case was still open or ongoing. If the affidavits were ignored, the case was considered closed and Pam and Mark should be able to see the evidence. If the case was considered open or ongoing, then denial of access to evidence is understandable.

However, as with so much in this case, what happened was simply unbelievable. Ellington did nothing with the affidavits but still denied access to the evidence to these two parents. I would love a rational explanation of this situation!

It really is curious, if the case is considered closed, why they wouldn't let the parents of the victims have access to the evidence. Not only is it illogical as far as the FOIA goes, but it's cold hearted. Not exactly a victim friendly approach. If they're so adamant that the WM3 committed the crime and the case is closed, did they ever stop to think that maybe allowing them to view the evidence might bring them some closure? What the hell are they afraid of?

It's not surprising considering how much police corruption and railroading went into convicting the WM3 in the first place. I don't know if we will get an honest answer. I would personally love it if a new task force with fresh minds would look at the evidence and try to solve this case the right way. Unfortunately I believe there are a lot of secrets that have yet to come to the surface about the case and I think certain people in power intend to keep it that way.

It's not surprising considering how much police corruption and railroading went into convicting the WM3 in the first place. I don't know if we will get an honest answer. I would personally love it if a new task force with fresh minds would look at the evidence and try to solve this case the right way. Unfortunately I believe there are a lot of secrets that have yet to come to the surface about the case and I think certain people in power intend to keep it that way.

I agree that there are plenty of skeletons in the wmpd closet - probably in the closets of many LE agencies in the State of Arkansas for that matter. Hopefully, those corrupt "people in power" won't stay in power much longer. Every November provides a chance to change that.

However, there is reason to hope. Not all of the evidence has been made public. All evidence hasn't even been given to Ellington yet. So, when all is finally revealed and disclosed to LE, I have every reason to believe that the real killer will be identified beyond a shadow of a doubt. Then true justice can finally be done!

I would love to see this case put together from the beginning. From the start with real investigative eyes, minus the sensational satanists track or the bias toward Damien because he was different. I would love to see a REAL investigation of this crime.

My feeling is if that was done.. TH would at least have to be tried considering the hair that connects him directly to the crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back